Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

moniquelovescatsSC Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:22:02 PM(UTC)
moniquelovescatsSC

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
When I am working with working or images in the CCR I sometimes see a little box asking me if I want to "weld" the images together.
What does welding things together do exactly?
Rice Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:54:50 PM(UTC)
Rice

Was thanked: 88 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I'm sure someone else can answer this better than I can, but until they come along I will try to explain. Welding is joining shapes together. When shapes touch or overlap, the box pops up asking if you want to weld or not weld. If you weld them together, they become one shape and the parts that overlap will not cut. (I think they show as grayed out.) You would want to use this option to weld if you want to join letters together to cut words in one piece. You can also use welding to join shapes to form borders, new shapes, etc. If you look on You Tube and do a search for welding in Cricut Craft Room, you will probably find more information. Hope this helps a little.
 1 user thanked Rice for this useful post.
moniquelovescatsSC on 11/30/2012(UTC)
curious george II Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:48:43 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Rice Go to Quoted Post
I'm sure someone else can answer this better than I can, but until they come along I will try to explain. Welding is joining shapes together. When shapes touch or overlap, the box pops up asking if you want to weld or not weld. If you weld them together, they become one shape and the parts that overlap will not cut. (I think they show as grayed out.) You would want to use this option to weld if you want to join letters together to cut words in one piece. You can also use welding to join shapes to form borders, new shapes, etc. If you look on You Tube and do a search for welding in Cricut Craft Room, you will probably find more information. Hope this helps a little.

I think you did a wonderful job of explaining welding. . . that is exactly what it is and of course you have send her to the right place to find out more information and to even see how to do welding first hand.

Curious II
 2 users thanked curious george II for this useful post.
moniquelovescatsSC on 11/30/2012(UTC), Rice on 1/11/2013(UTC)