Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<2425262728>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#751 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:36:17 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 652 time(s) in 533 post(s)
I really hope and want the majority of you all to mail this week. But I do have that situation with Joysee and I have a small handful who need this weekend to finish up. So I figure if some mail next week instead of this week, atleast Joysee's SS won't be the only one receiving later then planned.

I plan on mailing this Saturday. I think I'm going shopping with GFs on Sunday downstate and I got called for jury duty on the 3rd...so I need to just finish up and mail out sooner then later. Hopefully the jury duty will end up being nothing, but kinda hard to have a DD end on a day I won't be on the computer - thus why I just made it for Wed. That should allow enough time to take care of all the excuses, right? lol (just teasing)

The great thing about being the hostess in these types of swaps....some of you have been sharing some pictures with me of what you've made and ohhhhh I have loved it all! I just can't wait for these boxes to start arriving! Gonna be lots of calls for DIBBS! Or lots of scraplifting...
bklynborn Offline
#752 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:53:03 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 118 post(s)
thanks for the extra time. i wanted to change something and now i can. BigGrin have a crafty evening everyone.

Edited by user Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:55:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KelleyRooks Offline
#753 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:05:46 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Gwynne...I could kiss you. Thank you for extending the due date. I am hoping to get it out a little sooner, but having the extra time takes the pressure off. BigGrin
CMC56 Offline
#754 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:07:16 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Thanks Gwynne for the extension, I can really use it. I have one last thing to make and and a couple of things to put the finishes on.

Cheryl
ScrappinGwen Offline
#755 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:23:29 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

You are all very welcome!

I just finished my 11th project. So I am down to my last one! Phew! Problem is, I changed my mind about what I'm doing so I'm sort of back in the planning stages with it! lol

and another reminder to make sure you have your SS's mailing address all printed out! Just in case the MB goes down this week or your computer blows up, etc.! lol
Scrapin*Creations Offline
#756 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:26:39 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 91 post(s)
Busy crafting today...put finishing touches on 4 creations. One of the creations I didn't like how it was turning out so I re did it and like how it turned out .. so much better.

Hope everyone has a great week,
Ali

Beanies Mom Offline
#757 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:36:15 PM(UTC)
Beanies Mom

United States
Location: MQ: Page 15 Post 431 / Joined Date Should Be 7/13/2006

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Thank you for the extra time Gwynne. I plan on mailing Saturday but if something goes wrong I know the extra time is there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Debbie
ScrappinGwen Offline
#758 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:06:11 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

thanks for checking in Debbie!
JulieClawser Offline
#759 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:44:17 AM(UTC)
JulieClawser

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Checking in for the week BigGrin

Thanks for the extra time on this swap - I still hope to have mine out before Saturday. I only have 2 things left to make, one being the purse... I just can't make up my mind!!! Guess it's crunch time now - I'll be starting it tonight.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - Happy Cyber Monday Shopping! Don't forget to post good crafting deals here for us to see - I love my enabling friends!Flapper
JeanP Offline
#760 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 10:54:38 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
Sent my box out today!!!!! DC was sent to Gwynne also.

So to my SS, keep your eyes open this week for the mailman carrying a large boxLOL Love LaughLOL
~Pamela~ Offline
#761 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 11:01:50 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Thank you for the extra time! I am still going to try to ship on Saturday. This is Isadora's first week of school so I do have some free time in the mornings now!

Peachy I just saw your comment and BELIEVE me if I could keep her from growing I WOULD! Before you know it you will be sending Kiko off and wonder where the time went!
demmer993462475657 Offline
#762 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 11:54:16 AM(UTC)
demmer993462475657

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 277 post(s)
JCI I am on track and ready to go.

Denise
planlady19 Offline
#763 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 5:46:56 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 269 time(s) in 252 post(s)
gwen thanks so much for the extra time I am one that will be using it for sure. just got back from dd's and have so much reading to catch up on..

so just a quick check in for now..

later everyone.
trvkladd Offline
#764 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:19:36 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Gwynne~ I'm going to try to stay on track and mail on Saturday. Don't have to work again till Friday so I'm going to craft for the next 3 days. I have 3 projects that just need to be finished for this one and 3 for the swap that I'm doing with my sister. Mailing on Sat. for her too! Can't wait to see what's in everyone's boxes.

Hope everyone has a very crafty night

~Rebecca
noahsarkgirl Offline
#765 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:59:55 PM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
JCI. Thanks for the extra time, but I also plan to mail mine out Saturday. I have just a few things left to finish up, take pics and wrap! Although we have the extra time, I have to get this swap finished because my craft room is a disaster area, and my parents are coming to visit Dec 10th and have to be able to stay in that room! Gettin gthe swap sent this week gives me a week to get the craft room cleaned up! :)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#766 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:10:34 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Glad to hear that many of you are still trying to mail out by the 1st. Just remember, the later you mail out, the longer it takes to get to your SS in the month of December! I'm hoping many of you will manage to finish up this weekend and get mailed out on Monday the 3rd - in hopes that your SS will have her pkg. by that following Saturday.
M&KGrandma Offline
#767 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:23:24 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
GRRRRRR..... again!!! Just was in the middle of typing a nice, long, chatty message and I got the dreaded lost message!!! Sheesh!!!
Okay, the posting in a nutshell:
I'm going to try to still mail by Saturday!
I didn't get a whole lot of decorating done still. Some....
Wish I had more energy!!!! So tired all of the time!
Need to get my craft room back in a semi-normal state, too!
Have a great day!
Teri
amylendall Offline
#768 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:28:55 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
I just have 1 small thing left to do on my bigger of the 2 projects I have left to do and the last project should be pretty easy! the last thing to do is my way of thinking outside the box to make it one of the directives! I am hoping to have this in the mail by saturday! I keep telling myself must have this done asap so I can get to work on Jeanp recipe swap which all I have done for that is the recipes printed! hope everyone has a good week!
LindaKinkead Offline
#769 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:10:28 AM(UTC)
LindaKinkead

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 40 post(s)
I am done!! Just have to go to the post office on my lunch hour. If not today then tomorrow!! I will send you my DC # once i have it!! I am so excited!! I just loved this swap!! Hi to my SS's!! Cant wait to start seeing pictures!!

Linda k
ScrappinGwen Offline
#770 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:04:14 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I just tried contacting Joyce and left a message on her phone that if she doesn't get back to me in this 24 hr. time period then I'll have no choice but to remove her from the swap. And I will not be putting her on the flaker list due to her hospital visits and health issues. But it's not fair to drag this on any longer - I feel that I've bent the rules for her long enough hoping to see her post on the MB.

I have to assume that if she's not able to check in with us this week, the last week of the swap, then obviously, she's also not home and therefore not able to complete the swap, package up and mail on time.

So that's where we stand for the next 24 hours. I don't even know if she's convalescing at home or someplace else. I don't know if the number I call is her cell or her home phone. But she did get the message I left a couple weeks ago immediately. So I hope that she gets my message from today just as quickly.

I have to believe that if she's not been able to post to us, then this swap is the last thing she needs to worry about right now. Right?
 2 users thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
DeniseKenna on 11/27/2012(UTC), demmer993462475657 on 11/27/2012(UTC)
M&KGrandma Offline
#771 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:10:40 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Gwynne,
I agree. I think if Joysee was able, she would have finished up. I'm sure her intentions were good, but it's time to stop wondering. I hope she's okay! Maybe she can use whatever she had done for another swap when she's feeling better!
Gosh, lots to stay on top of as the hostess, huh??? You've done awesome!!!
Hugs,
teri
DeniseKenna Offline
#772 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:25:10 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Checking in! I'm moving right along but the extension is really good so I can go to the PO during the week not weekend.

I agree that the last thing Joysee needs to be thinking about is SWAPS. Praying she is doing okay.
RockinRobin1 Offline
#773 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:21:12 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1190 time(s) in 656 post(s)
Gwynne, thanks for the extension. New flooring is being delivered today and will be installed on Thursday. Now I have to REPACK my craft room.Cursing At least I now have a few extra days to tweak my projects.

You've done a great job hosting this swap and I'm sorry to hear about Joysee's health, but it is what it is and you've done all you can.

PetiteKalashnikovna Offline
#774 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:34:28 PM(UTC)
PetiteKalashnikovna

Was thanked: 204 time(s) in 145 post(s)
I am excited to see more boxes!

Joysee, get well soon in case you get to read this.

Gwynne, this has been such a fun swap and it continues to be fun. I do agree that you are an awesome hostess!ThumpUp

I am not done with my Christmas shopping yet. I have no clue as what to get Kiko. maybe a sturdier toy truck? He promptly demolished the one that Daddy and I got him from JC Penney. It's a small dump truck that has an off and on switch and can run with or without batteries. He disassembled it, took the grill off and promptly broke it in half. We are talking about the baby who can figure out childproofing here! Any suggestion would be more than welcome. We will be having a playdate with a friend and her kids on Wednesday and perhaps a visit to Santa's workshop either Thursday or next week.

Have any of you ladies bought an elf on the shelf for your kids? It says 4 and up but Kiko is not supposed to touch it anyway. lol!
CoyoteKim Offline
#775 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:09:39 PM(UTC)
CoyoteKim

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Peachy- I think you may have an engineer on your hands! I am of no help because it's been so long since mine were that little. Any suggestion for teen/tween girls?!Laugh

I may have to send my package one day later. I painted something a couple of days ago and it is still a little tacky to the touch. It's chilly and damp here so it's taking a little longer to dry. I don't want to wrap it and the paper or bubble wrap to stick to it. I would cry! I really, really, really, really want to keep this item so I hope my SS loves it as much as I do. If not she can ship it back to me!Flapper

Just need to wrap everything and pack it in the box to ship. So excited to send this to my SS!
trvkladd Offline
#776 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:19:30 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Gwynne~ You are an awesome hostess. You've done a fantastic job...I totally agree with your decision. If Joycee is too sick to get to the computer then she's probably too sick to finish the swap. The last thing she needs is to be worried about crafting!

Peachy~ Try Thomas the Train. My 2yo DGS loves his. They're mostly wooden and they have wooden tracks that are virtually indestructible. They're very easy to put together and keep him busy for a while. Ben deconstructs pretty much everything that he gets except books because that's NOT allowed! But he just loves to build the tracks and run the trains around on them. Hope this helps!

Kim~ I have 4 girls between the ages of 16 and 24. They were always my easy ones to buy for. Anything to do with hair/clothes and journals. They always loved getting journals. I'd also buy "play" make up for them to play in while they were at home. Not sure how you feel about that but they love to "play" in it...not allowed to wear out of the house till 15. Movie night boxes were a big hit one year...they each got a Movie night box with popcorn, drinks, candy and movie in it. They took turns watching their movies each week as a family. This way we all hung out together too! It was great fun. Big Movie hit with all the kids...boys and girls...Secondhand Lions!

Have a great week, ladies, looking forward to seeing more boxes. Have a great night

~Rebecca

1 user thanked trvkladd for this useful post.
CoyoteKim on 11/28/2012(UTC)
JulieClawser Offline
#777 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:33:14 PM(UTC)
JulieClawser

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Woo hoo... Finished up the purse for ------- tonight... I have no idea why I was so nervous to attempt this project :) I am happy with the way it turned out.

I only have one more project to make, but I have to run to Home Depot or Lowe's to get my supplies... Oh my, what could it possibly be?

This swap has been so much fun. I'm sad to see Joysee's health deteriorate during this swap... I do wish her well and hope she's back up and swapping soon.

Have a nice day everyone!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#778 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 5:47:38 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Thank you all for the compliments and I'm glad you are all enjoying this round. Look forward to boxes arriving any day now!

I did not hear back from Joyce and I am officially removing her from the swap. It's an executive decision I've had to make and that's that.

I too wish Joysee well and hope to see her back swapping in 2013!

I do not need any angels to step in at all. It was an easy fix that was actually put into action almost a month ago. Instead of sending a box to Joycee, that SS is now sending to Joycee's partner instead. So Joycee was simply removed from the equation. But thank you all that offered to help out. and a special thank you to the SS that has been so accomodating this past month while we waited to see if Joycee would be back or not.
JeanP Offline
#779 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:59:22 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 618 post(s)
Sometimes you just have to do things for the best of everyone else.

Hoping that Joysee will appear on the MB soon to let us know she is okay.
~Pamela~ Offline
#780 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:55:02 AM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Peachy it doesn't matter what you buy at that age it seems like they love the packaging more than what is inside!

We do have Elf On The Shelf and it is a big hit in our house with everyone! We started it last year and it took Is a little while to get the hang of what was going on. But it comes with a nice book which we read over and over. This year she simple couldn't wait for him to arrive, we decided Thanksgiving would be our arrival day each year. Now every morning that is the first thing she said, where is that silly Elf! I highly recommend it!

Rebecca I love those ideas for the girls! I am stuck for Isadora at age 4 she is still small for big girls stuff and doesn't really need any more toys. We just cleaned out her room and donated a ton of stuff, we do this each year at Thanksgiving. So we have gotten her a Minnie Mouse Kitchen, Tea Set and play vacuum as far as toys go but now I am at a loss. She always gets little things in her stocking and a new movie. We use those as her Chanukah gifts since we celebrate both holidays.

I have made some progress on this swap and things are looking good for Saturday!