Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kaz03fe534069 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 6:46:04 PM(UTC)
kaz03fe534069

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

I just bought the ribbons and rosettes cartridge and I am wanting to make the Christmas Tree Project that is showing in the projects section. Anyway, I need to make various size rosettes and am having a little difficulty with this. I am using the cartridge through the online cricut craftroom, and when I click on the rosette I want it and put it on the virtual mat, it comes up with a width of 5.22 and a height of 2.5. My question is, how do I make the rosettes in various sizes? I have tried stretching the rosette out but then it starts to look "stretched out" and looks different than the standard size one. I sure hope this makes sense.
Could someone please give me some advise on how to make these rosettes in various sizes.

Thank you very much.
Kari
GracefulGrammar Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 7:01:24 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1628 time(s) in 747 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kaz03fe534069 Go to Quoted Post
I just bought the ribbons and rosettes cartridge and I am wanting to make the Christmas Tree Project that is showing in the projects section. Anyway, I need to make various size rosettes and am having a little difficulty with this. I am using the cartridge through the online cricut craftroom, and when I click on the rosette I want it and put it on the virtual mat, it comes up with a width of 5.22 and a height of 2.5. My question is, how do I make the rosettes in various sizes? I have tried stretching the rosette out but then it starts to look "stretched out" and looks different than the standard size one. I sure hope this makes sense.
Could someone please give me some advise on how to make these rosettes in various sizes.

Thank you very much.
Kari

You need to weld together the individual segments to make a long continuous strip.....
 2 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
kaz03fe534069 on 11/23/2012(UTC), Annabella on 11/24/2012(UTC)
kaz03fe534069 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 9:22:00 PM(UTC)
kaz03fe534069

Thank you for your help, I will try that.
Kari
MamaC Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 11:58:07 PM(UTC)
MamaC

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1540 time(s) in 640 post(s)
I bought Ribbons and Rosettes thinking it would be like the TimHoltz Rosette Dies (one long continous stip)...big disappointment! This is one cartridge that I was so excited to get that I paid full price and ordered it through cricut.com! Another big disappointment. Honestly, I almost cried when I saw how the rosette feature worked. You have to cut small sections and then glue them together! How could Provocraft do this to me!!!Huh

Well, I am all about making 'lemonade out of lemons', so I figured out how to make the rosettes using my Gypsy. I welded the sections together (this can be done with CCR, too)! I was not going to let the cartridge get the best of me!! Glare

Rule of thumb about making various sizes with rosettes...whatever width you make the strip, when it is folded and then made into a circle to form the rosette, it will be double the width of the strip..
1 inch strip=2 inch rosette
2.5 strip = 5 inch rosette
Also, the wider the width of the strip, the longer you will need to make the strip. I don't have exact measurements for this.

Here is a blog entry that I did using the Ribbons and Rosettes cartridge...
http://cccscraproom.blog...es-and-doodlecharms.html

Hope all of this helps!
Carolyn

Edited to add...
TH rosette dies have score marks where the strips are folded. I don't really have a problem with this unless the paper had a white core. However, it certainly makes folding the strip very easy.

The cartridge rosette strip has tiny tic marks at the folds. The strip must be scored to fold (I use my MS scorer). Sometime the tic marks aren't exactly where I need them to be. So, I usually 'hide' the tic marks on the first image that I put on the Gypsy screen and then duplicate that image to weld together. I am going to have to use the Scorer anyway...so I eliminate the less-than-perfect tic marks from the cartridge image.

Edited by user Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:04:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: info about tic marks and folding the strip

2 users thanked MamaC for this useful post.
Annabella on 11/24/2012(UTC), bethdoc on 11/24/2012(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 12:50:10 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7593 time(s) in 3543 post(s)
If you scroll down the page at the Project Centre you'll see where you can download the .ccr file that PC created for that project. All the hard work (other than hot gluing it all together of course..) is done for you. http://www.cricut.com/project/V...t/1954/Rosette-Christmas

Just save the file and Import it into CCR.

There are about 25 layers in the project, but they have been labeled with the colour that they cut them out of if that helps. Smile

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Annabella on 11/24/2012(UTC)
go-go Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:06:49 AM(UTC)
go-go

United States

Was thanked: 1343 time(s) in 610 post(s)
I bought the cartridge when it first came out to make rosettes for 100 3rd graders. Was very disappointed with the rosette feature. I had too many rosettes to make to do all that extra glueing. I noticed the border feature. I used that instead. It cut out 12 inch border strips. They were perfect! I just used the MS scoring board & it was a cinch!

After making all those rosettes a year ago, I haven't had any desire to make more. ... Until I saw that Christmas tree project. I just might have to try it.
 1 user thanked go-go for this useful post.
MamaC on 11/25/2012(UTC)