Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<89101112>»
Heart2hand Offline
#271 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 6:31:03 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 544 time(s) in 456 post(s)
WOW...Traci that is a HUGE home, and gorgeous. I would LOVE to own that too. CONGRATS!!!!!! Soo peaceful there and beautiful surroundings....LUCKY GIRL...enjoy it.

Thanks GrandmaJ...not looking forward to the cleaning as I am the crafting....Laugh

Hugs
rhonda
missstamper Offline
#272 Posted : Sunday, November 18, 2012 8:31:03 AM(UTC)
missstamper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 398 time(s) in 294 post(s)
Traci - What a beautiful home!

Janice - Glad Bitsy is doing well!

Rhonda - hope you have the time and energy to maybe craft a little after the cleaning!

Today was going to be a full day of crafting for me and my youngest. Unfortunately, my MIL is just not doing well enough to skip spending most of the day with her. We had hoped to have her home in time for Thanksgiving, but that is unlikely to happen. She is considering getting a feeding tube put back in until she gets her appetite back. Right now she is only eating about 5% of what she needs to sustain herself. Hopefully, things will take a turn for the better this week.

Hugs to y'all and I apologize for not having the time to comment to some of the threads with the happenings in your lives.
grandmaJ Offline
#273 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 5:04:48 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 735 time(s) in 611 post(s)
Good Morning!!

Jamiemn, my mom, 2 sisters, their 3 dd's and our sil all get together every year to bake cookies. My sil has 2 ovens so we go to her house and it works out real well. We call it our 'family bake day' and it is usually around the first monday or so in December. My neices have been busy 'pinning' recipes for this year so we should have a big variety!! My mom even made us aprons for it so we can all be prepared!! Makes me hungry thinking about it!

misstamper, hope your mil improves. Prayers for you all! I know it has to be hard for you and hope you get to bring her home to your house soon.

Evelyn, I am going to get your stuff together and see what else my pkg for you needs!! Hopefully my state paycheck will come soon and I can get the one item I am hoping to find for your present!!

Have a great Monday everyone! I am sooo glad it is a short work week! With all of Bitsy's appointments it seems I haven't worked many 5 day weeks, but at least when I get a long weekend this time we don't have to drive 2 hours to the vet! I can actually enjoy this one!!
1CoolMom Offline
#274 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 6:18:25 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
It's Monday! I have so much to do today and I don't want to move. Doctor's appointments for the kids, cleaning the house, a mall run to grab something I need for Thanksgiving dinner...I just wanted to pull the covers up and stay in bed instead. But I rolled out of bed and walked the dog now I just have to get off the computer and move.
EvelynRobinson1 Offline
#275 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 7:50:33 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson1

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Just getting my package ready to mail. I think I'll wait til after Thanksgiving as I was wanting to check on an item to put in this package. This is another swap I have totally enjoyed. It absolutely has been a blast. I love Magnolias but I do believe this is one of my favorite swaps (I have a couple of favorites). It has been so much fun to put this swap together as the list was so helpful.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thanks so much for making these swaps so fun and special at Cricut.com.

Evelyn
scrappinchic Offline
#276 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 5:36:06 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Traci I am happy to report that I finally ordered your stamp. I am such a goof. I never do what I have planned! I always wait until the last minute! As soon as it gets here I will get your box in the mail! Glad there is still timeBigGrin !

Have a great night!

Edited by user Monday, November 19, 2012 5:36:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrappinchic Offline
#277 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:55:05 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning! Where is everyone?

I guess they are getting ready for Thanksgiving! Two more days! I will start my cooking tomorrowUnsure ! I need to run to the store this afternoon for a few things I forgot! Go figure! I had hoped I was done with the store but guess notThumbDown!

Have y'all seen the Saturated Canary stamps! I am loving those cute little images! I her second wave of rubber one's will be available soon! I can't wait to get my hands on some of them!

What type of projects would you like to do for upcoming months in the maggie swap? I would love some input from y'all!

Have a great day!

Edited by user Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:15:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

grandmaJ Offline
#278 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:44:03 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning everyone! Hope you all have your turkey thawing!! LOL!

You're right Jess, everyone seems to of disappeared!! Sure they are all busy getting ready for a big day on Thursday! I went to the grocery store last night and it was a fright! I would of thought by now that everyone would of had their Thanksgiving shopping done, but I was wrong. There they all were, buzzing around the store, flying here and there with their carts full or groceries and kids, and the stunned dh staggering around lost behind them! And why, do some people not explain to their dh's (who are just along to drive the cart and annoy me)the aisles are big enough for 2 carts to go down, but not when one is parked in the middle while dh goes back 2 aisles over to get that can of cranberry sauce they forgot because the kids were whinning and they were both loosing their patience with them! I was sure glad to get out of there!!

Check out these 2 cards that Mary did! They are awesome! HERE!

missstamper Offline
#279 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:21:40 AM(UTC)
missstamper

United States

Hi y'all. Happy Thanksgiving.

My MIL is back inthe hospital. I may not be able to check in for a bit. Take care.
scrappinchic Offline
#280 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:54:25 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Missstamper I am sorry to hear your MIL is back in the hospital! My thoughts and prayers are with her and your family! I do hope she recovers quickly!

Have a great evening!
grandmaJ Offline
#281 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:09:25 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning Maggie sisters! Not much chatter again!

Misstamper, prayers for your MIL. Hope you can still enjoy some of the Thanksgiving weekend.

Just incase some of you get a chance to check in today and not tomorrow, i want to wish you all a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving!! In the rush of all the turkey and excitement, please take time to stop and reflect on all you have to be Thankful for. I know I will. I am truly thankful for every one of my many blessings!
1CoolMom Offline
#282 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:36:03 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Missstamper, sorry to hear your MIL is back in the hospital; praying for a quick recovery.

Happy Thanksgiving!
scrappinchic Offline
#283 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:19:54 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good afternoon! I have been one busy woman this morning! I have cleaned the fridge, made two pumpkin rolls, a cake of corn bread and cut up my veggies for my dressing! I am on it! I think I am going to mix up my glaze for my ham and have it ready for tonight. Also thinking of making a pineapple pound cake.

Oh heck enough about what I am doing! I wanted to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving, incase I don't see you tomorrow. Travel safely and enjoy your family!

Ok off to do more cooking! Back later!
Heart2hand Offline
#284 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:31:03 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hey Girls....

MissStamper....OMG...I do pray that your MIL improves and YOU all enjoy the festive day tomorrow. Sending BIG HUGS and prayers to you all.

I have sooo much left to do for miss Rebecca's box of goodies...UGhhh...hopefully to conquer that this weekend. NO BLACK FRIDAY shopping here.....none of that madness....lol. I will stay in and craft instead. I need to finish______________ and then wrap them all.....Ohhh another item came for you yesterday....HUmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

I hope you all have a wonderful day with family....great food, many blessings and fond memories.

HUGs
rhonda
trvkladd Offline
#285 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:19:22 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
HI to all my Maggie Sisters~ Was MIA for a few days, so much going on and still trying to get all my projects done so that I can get everything in the mail on Monday.

Missstamper~ Hope your MIL is better soon. Prayers coming your way.

Janice~ Love the cards that Mary did. Thanks for the link.

Rhonda~ Still working on your project too. Can't wait to send it to you. I hope you love it as much as I do. Still waiting on your stamp. Hoping that it comes on Friday or Saturday! Soooooo bummed that it hasn't come yet. I ordered it a while ago....

Jess~ I have been one busy mom, as well. DD moved into her own place earlier this week...I've been crafting in the morning till around 1pm then going over to her place to help clean and get her unpacked. Today I went grocery shopping for her and to get some last minute items for my Thanksgiving dinner.

I'm making Gumbo, Turkey, Ham, Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Green beans, Broccoli casserole, Lemon pound cake, Chocolate pie, Brownies, Pumpkin pie and crescent rolls! Started with the baking tonight and will finish with the ham and turkey in the morning. We're having Thanksgiving Lunch. DH has to work at 3pm. We have 13 coming for dinner. Last year we had about 25. So, we've downsized.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Maggie Sisters...I am thankful for all of my Cricut MB family! You guys are awesome

~Rebecca
scrappinchic Offline
#286 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 2:56:32 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a blessed day with great family/friends, yummy food and lots of relaxation! If you are heading out to do the madness shopping like I am, please be safe! Everyone thats not, keep all us crazy people in your thoughts and prayers! Hugs to y'all!

I woke up before 4am this morning! I went to sleep on the couch a little after 8pm. MIL was here watching Hallmark Christmas movies with me. She woke me up and told me to go to bed, she would see me today ! I went to bed and got woke up by the kids fussing. I got up threatened to beat em , put my ham in the oven and then went back to bed. Needless to say! I was back out with in seconds of my head hitting the pillow. So here I am all alone this morning! All you can smell is ham! YUMMY ! I will need a nap this afternoon before hitting the town for some black friday shopping!

Rebecca you are one busy woman! Wow! How do you get everything done! Thanksgiving sounds amazing! I have never had gumbo but want to try it! I also want to try a low country boil! Found a crockpot recipe for it! Can't wait to try it!

Well I am making ham, broccili casserole, deviled eggs, dressing, green beans, pumpkin rolls. Thats not to mention what everyone else is bringing! We are going to have more food then we know what to do withScared ! We will have 13 people.

Jacob's friend is going to his mom's for Thanksgiving. When he came in to tell me, he had tears in his eyes. I pray that he can see her more often. He said it has been six months. It broke my heart but made me happy all at the same time.

Have a blessed day!

grandmaJ Offline
#287 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:29:14 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving Day to everyone!! Hope your meals turn out wonderful, yor families enjoy, and you find a few minutes to relax and reflect! hugs to all of you!!
1CoolMom Offline
#288 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:38:55 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

My DH is drooling over Rebecca's gumbo and so sad that he cannot have any, that is something I don't like so I don't cook it. BigGrin

I baked one pie yesterday and got my artichoke dressing made, the turkey is ready for the oven at 9:30 am and I have to get moving on a couple of other things one that goes in.

Everyone have an awesome day.
missstamper Offline
#289 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:03:08 AM(UTC)
missstamper

United States

Yum! I'm getting hungry just reading about what y'all are cooking today!

My husband's twin brother and nephew arrived from Texas in the wee hours Wednesday morning. So, we were actually able to come home to sleep last night. My husband went to work for a few hours. As soon as he returns we will go back to the city. Thankfully my MIL took a turn for the better yesterday. This has been such a trial for her and we hope that she will begin to recover soon.

I am so thankful for friends like you who continue to send prayers, hugs, and well wishes.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families.
trvkladd Offline
#290 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:29:34 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Jess~ Here's the gumbo recipe.

2 large Boneless/Skinless chicken breast
2 14.5 oz. cans of chicken broth
1 pkg. smoked sausage
1 sm. onion
1 green pepper
3 teaspoons chopped garlic (I use the kind from the jar)
2 tablespoons of Gumbo file
3 pkg. McCormick brown gravy mix (or you can make a roux)
salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste

Boil chicken in a large stock pot filled about halfway with water and season with salt, pepper and garlic...boil till tender...about 2 hours. While chicken is boiling chop onion, pepper and garlic and slice up the smoked sausage. When chicken is done remove from pot and set aside to cool. Add all your chopped ingredients, the chicken broth and the sausage and continue to boil. Mix together the brown gravy according to pkg. directions use cold water and add the gumbo file to it then whisk out all the lumps. Add this to the pot. Stir occasionally till it comes back up to a boil then turn down low.. When chicken is cool, shred it and add back to the pot. It's all cooked but the longer it cooks the better the flavor. Serve over white rice...Enjoy!

If you need some Gumbo File, just let me know and I'll send you a bottle. It's fantastic!

Happy Eats

~Rebecca
Heart2hand Offline
#291 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 5:02:16 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Sounds like everyone had a FEAST and enjoyed. I had prepared a ham, rolls, noodles, mashed potatoes, an apple cake..more like a crisp...yummmm...DD had made baked beans, Oreo Truffles...it was heavenly. I sent lots of leftovers home with DD and Tiffany.

Rebecca...Gumbo...OHhh YUMmmmmmmmm....I love it!!!! I love spicey foods!!! WHat is the **file**...is that a spice? Not heard of it...I'm sorry the stamp hadn't arrived...ughhh....I'm sure it will and it will be a wonderful surprise. Looking forward to seeing your work and enjoying it all.

Jess....happy that the lil' guy had the chance to be with family. I hope everyone had a great day at your place. What is a low country boil? Sorry, I'm not from the South...but the food sounds wonderful...I love trying new recipes too.

GrandmaJ....I hope your DH had the chance to go and it didn't make him want to go to the truck!

MissStamper....Happy to hear your MIL is improving. Great sign. Maybe seeing more of her family will help turn things around and make her fight to stay alive more meaningful. Family means everything and some fill like that have given up just need that lil' extra something to make them come around. I am sending positive thoughts, lots of prayers and BIG ((((HUGS))) to you all.

HUGS to all
rhonda
trvkladd Offline
#292 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 6:02:49 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Originally Posted by: Heart2hand Go to Quoted Post
Rebecca...Gumbo...OHhh YUMmmmmmmmm....I love it!!!! I love spicey foods!!! WHat is the **file**...is that a spice? Not heard of it...I'm sorry the stamp hadn't arrived...ughhh....I'm sure it will and it will be a wonderful surprise. Looking forward to seeing your work and enjoying it all.

HUGS to all
rhonda

File -pronounced feelay- is a spice. It's actually ground sassafras leaves. It's so good! If you want a bottle I can send you some. The gumbo is just not the same without it. My gumbo isn't really spicy but you can spice it up if you'd like. That's the way my brother likes it. He puts in Tony Chachere's cajun seasoning which is a very spicy and salty seasoning named for the guy who created it. I think it's got cayenne pepper in it! It's really good and I usually put it in mine after cooking it because some of the kids don't like the spiciness.

I hope that everyone had a fantastic day fill with family/friends and laughter and love...we had the kids in and out all afternoon. It was great. Off to work today. Have a great Friday

~Rebecca
Heart2hand Offline
#293 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 6:34:36 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Rebecca...that would be awesome...>THANK YOU....I can't wait to try it....Let me know how much it is and I can send the money in your box of goodies....

HUGS
and thanks
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#294 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 2:48:59 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Big waves to all my maggie sisters!

We had a fabulous day yesterday! I missed my sister at dinner but we made up for it shopping last night! We adventured out at 7pm and returned at 2am, slept and we back out at 11am this morning! She was a party pooper and wasn't feeling it this morning! I racked up at old navy, Kohl's and Target! I got everything I went after plus more! I didn't plan for the cold to well. I was about froze and I can't get rid of this awful headache. MIL and I are going bac out to Lowes and Hobby Lobby here in a few. We are making marshmallow shooter's for all the kids this Christmas and getting them a bag of mini marshmallows. We are thinking all the parents are going to want one.

Missstamper so happy to hear your MIL is showing signs of improvement. Continued prayers coming y'alls ways!

Rebecca thank you so much for the recipe. It sounds amazing, I will be trying it! I like spicy so I will have to spice it up! Yum!

Rhonda let me find the recipe and I will post it later! I will tell you it is corn on the cob, smoked sausage, shrimp, potatoes, old bay seasoning. I know there is more in it but I can't think fo it!

Heart2hand Offline
#295 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:21:37 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hello and Good morning Sisters...

Rebecca.....I have all 17 maggies colored and cut...I do hope that is enough for THIS project....it's going to be sooooo darling....and hope you enjoy it too. IF not...I'll be coloring and cutting more...lol.

Jess...thanks...sounds yummy....Glad to hear you had a great day of shopping! Never been out on a BF ...not sure I want to experience the madness!Laugh I do hope you found TONS of bargains?

GrandmaJ...how is Bitsy doing? I hope you have a crafty day today?

Traci...I hope you are doing well? Go BF Shopping? So when are you going back to your other home to remodel? I'm sure the summers will be grand there....

HUGs
rhonda
scrappinchic Offline
#296 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:41:40 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Stopping in real quick! I am about to head out and do some more shopping! Just wanted to say hello! I'll be back tonight!
scrappinchic Offline
#297 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 6:45:59 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Here you go Rhonda!

Low Country Boil

4 quarts cold water
1/4 cup Old Bay or other spicy seasoning
1 tablespoon kosher salt, plus more, to taste
4 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 yellow onion, diced
1 head garlic, halved
2 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
4 ears corn, shucked, each cut into 4 pieces
2 pounds smoked sausage, cut into 1 1/2-inch slices
2 pounds medium shrimp, in the shell, deveined

DIRECTIONS:

In a slow cooker combine the water, Old Bay seasoning, salt, celery, onion, garlic and potatoes and cook on low heat until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 4-6 hours.

Add the corn and sausage to the crock pot and simmer until the corn is tender, 1-2 more hours. Add the shrimp and simmer until opaque, 20 to 30 minutes more. Taste the broth and adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper, if necessary.

Serve immediately.

I hope y'all have a great night! I am turning in early to see if I can get rid of this headache. I'll be back early in the am!
trvkladd Offline
#298 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:43:50 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Rhonda~ 17 Maggies!!! In the words of my children ...OMGFlapper I'm sure I'll love whatever it is you made. I hope you love what I made too! Still haven't received something that I ordered for you online...hoping it gets here soon!

Jess~ That Low Country Boil recipe sounds exactly like the Seafood Boils that we would do in New Orlean's all the time. Instead of using Old Bay to season we use Zatarain's Seafood Boil (seasoning in a bag). Zatarain's has a website that's filled with lots of great Cajun/Creole recipes and sells lots of the seasonings that you can only get in LA. I hope your headache gets better after you get some rest.

I survived Black Friday and "smoldering" Saturday!!! Flapper Flapper I worked for 9 hours doing stock on both days...uuuggghhh! But I made it!

I'm excited that we're nearing the mail date because I can't wait to see what everyone makes. Hope all the other Maggie Sister's had a great holiday and are all having a great weekend. I'm exhausted so I'm off to bed now too! Good night, ladies

~Rebecca

Heart2hand Offline
#299 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:42:36 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Hey girls....

Rebecca....yep...17 of those doll babies...may need more...depends on the look of ___________ when it's done....lol.

Jess...thanks for the recipe...sounds wonderful...>NOT sure where to get shrimp in shells here, but I will hunt them down....lol. I hope you enjoyed the shopping.

HUGS
rhonda
Heart2hand Offline
#300 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:27:46 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Rebecca....OMG...I just finished ___________ and it is sooo adorable...sneak peak for you ...enjoy

NOW off to finish MY SECRET SANTA GIFT and a few other things...

HUGS
rhonda
 1 user thanked Heart2hand for this useful post.
trvkladd on 11/25/2012(UTC)