Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

julia23439398e8d7 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 4:25:02 PM(UTC)
julia23439398e8d7

Groups: Registered

I am new to the cricut craft room -- when I find an image (for example the free Thanksgiving turkey) is there any way of seeing it in color? I have no idea what colors to use on the different layers unless I can see it put together somehow. is there a way to see a finished product? obviously I can change the colors but unless I know how it is put together, it's hard to see what colors to use for what layers.

Julia
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 8:10:12 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7606 time(s) in 4455 post(s)
I like to use NO COLOR to see what everything will look like on top of each other.

I'm not sure you can lay colors on top of each other in CCR to make the image show what you're wanting it to show. I think the colors all blend into one another without lines. I might be wrong.

Does anyone else know? I'm going to go out and play with it a little and will come back to see if anyone else has answered.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 8:16:14 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7606 time(s) in 4455 post(s)
AH, HA!!!!

That was interesting.

One mat layer uses the SAME color for everything you lay on that same mat layer.

If you select another mat layer for the image that will go on top of the first mat layer's image, you can choose a different color (a different color from the first mat comes up automatically, but you can change it by using the dropdown arrow and choosing the color you want). If you're placing another image to go on top of the second image, use a third mat to use a different color.

With all the EYES green on the mat layers, you will see all mat layers. Choose the image that will be on the bottom. Place the next image (whichever it is....mat layer two or three) and place it over the first image (assuming the base/first image is larger than the other images going over the top of it). Do the same with the next top layer you will use on your project.

If each layer is a little smaller than the last (which is how we do things a lot to show the colors underneath), you'll see how those colors look together.

IF YOU USE OTHER pieces that go over any of those, they will all blend in and you may not see some of the colors you want to see.

NOW, good luck finding those colors of papers.

I find it easier just to pick out my papers and try to imagine that they will look good together in that way. Most of the time the colors go together pretty good.

HTH.

Char

Edited by user Friday, November 23, 2012 8:17:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 8:43:19 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18453 time(s) in 8202 post(s)
I use different mats with different colors all the time to see what the "finished" project will look like:

Put each layer of the image on it's own mat and use the color wheel {click on the color dot on the layer title} to change to the color you have in mind. If you don't like the look, pick a different color.

Put, for you original question, usually the free images a listed in the Shopping pages on cricut.com and there is a finished photo there to show what the image could look like.
~JD~ Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 9:35:47 PM(UTC)
~JD~

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1168 time(s) in 909 post(s)
I didn't know the turkey was still a freebie in CCR? I think it's the reindeer this week, isn't it? Maybe I better go take a gander.. ummm no pun intended. BigGrin