Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Indiandancer Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 2:08:09 PM(UTC)
Indiandancer

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just purchased this cart and instructions once I set the size of the basic image all other parts will cut accordingly. Well apparently I'm doing something wrong cause it's not working. I want my finished card to be 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. Um, what to do.Confused

On another note, what does everyone think of a digi cart category in this forum.Mellow

Thanks so much,

Indiandancer
nancyh Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 7:06:11 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 567 time(s) in 428 post(s)
after you add the image to the mat and it's still selected (has the "handles" on it) look in the upper left hand corner of CCr and choose shape properties, then in the box put 8.5 in the height box. This will make the card 8.5 long, but when you fold it it will be 4.25. Next you will have to go to the image and click and hold on the handle in the middle of the right hand side and pull it to the left to make it 5.5 in width. Hope this makes sence. BigGrin
Indiandancer Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 1:08:45 PM(UTC)
Indiandancer

Yes, that all makes sense, but how do I get the other parts to cut to fit the basic size.

Thanks so much,
Terrie L Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 3:47:46 PM(UTC)
Terrie L

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 71 post(s)
It looks to me like it's designed as a square card, so the dimensions will be off if you try to make it a standard A2 card.
If you make the card base square, all the layers will be the correct dimensions for the card.
HTH!
CRe8n4u Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:05:59 PM(UTC)
CRe8n4u

United States

Was thanked: 322 time(s) in 256 post(s)
Hi!

"When to use Real vs. Relative image size...

Relative size and real size can make a big difference when designing a project. The Relative and Real buttons are located in the Images/Cartridges section of the Image Drawer.

Relative sizing will adjust the height of the shape proportionally based on the height of the base image. This is very important when using letters or images with multiple pieces that need to be sized to fit together.

Real sizing will add all images to your mat at a fixed height (measured from the top to the bottom of the image). This is perfect for when images need to be a specific size."

Perhaps the above info you what you are looking for? I found the answer here....Getting started with CCR (click on "Getting started with CCR")

As for the digital cartridge category, I really like it. It came in handy one day when I had a last minute request for a photo shoot and I needed 30 photo props (mustache on a stick), well there was no way to hand-cut that many mustaches in the short time that I had and fortunately for me they sold them in a digital format and I didn't have to leave home or pay a fortune for it. They were an absolute success, as was the photo shoot BigGrin

Hope this helps.

Lisa
Indiandancer Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 4:53:32 PM(UTC)
Indiandancer

Thanks to all of you for your help. Will do the square card for this cart.