Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<4950515253>»
rm920 Offline
#1501 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:07:35 AM(UTC)
rm920

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
good morning all...

Paula, hope Thursday house goes very smoothly. Enjoy the visit with family!

Pat, were you able to navigate the parking problems in your neighborhood? I hope you enjoy your new neighbors.

Nancy, Lizzy, Carrie, Laurie.....what have you ladies been up to?

I have finished one large box of photo etc. They are scanned, sorted, labeled etc. A few put in a pile to take to my aunts to see if any can be identified. The rest are put in a photo safe storage box and put away. Need to make note to back up computer filesBigGrin

Last night was Hornet basketball - good game and they won. It was a men's only game. I need to get a few things done here, then get ready to run a few errands. Have to wait to leave until carpet cleaners get here. It will be nice to have all the carpets cleaned!

Have a great day.
imnchghere Offline
#1502 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:19:36 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. crisp, bright sunny day here and Jim is telecommuting the rest of the week. Nice because I have muscle if I need it. I moved a lot of heavy tubs around yesterday (trying to find a place to put them until after the holidays) as well as boxes out of the family room. My purging and sorting has come to a halt for now. I just don't have time. Today it is back to the family room and hopefully all the stuff in there taken care of. This weekend we will be making another dump run as well as a drop at either SA or GW. Just want things out of here at this point.
Driveway got done while I ran an errand. This was just the sealer and went quickly, because the driveway is new. Neighbor is moved out. Not sure when closing is on the house, but the new owners are young with a 4yr old and a 2 week old.

Rhonda, I hope you are able to get some insight on some of the photos from your aunt. My Mom told me that she is sure she isn't going to recognize any of the people in the pictures she recently got, but I can always be hopeful. I need to get back to my research and not be messing with so much other stuff. And I need to get to CA.

Paula, I forget if Thur house is a big one. Anyway, hope it goes easy.

Hello to Lizzy, who should just be counting hours at this point, and Nancy, Carrie, Laurie. Hope everyone has a good day.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1503 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:44:41 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good morning! It is still morning!

I hit the ground running yesterday and thought I had all the errands done but then last night Jim decided that since he was smoking the turkey, he would also like to smoke salmon and maybe try ribs this year. So could you please go get............ While I was out I stopped by J's to look at the merry moola carts and picked up 2: BWBB and NABC. I am now awaiting the fireplace people to come fix it or take it away. Since Jim isn't home that is what it is going to be!

I have been working on the baby book and will do 2 more layouts or 4 more pages then call it done. I need to get it finished as I am leaving next Wednesday and won't be back until just before the shower.

Pat that is great you are getting new neighbor. You have been so busy purging I have to wonder if you have lost some weight. All that lugging stuff around is like a workout

Rhonda you sure went through those photos fast. Here is a friendly reminder to back up your computer.

Paula I can't imagine cleaning all the time like you do. I have a very hard time cleaning my house.

Well have a good day and Happy Turkey Day if you don't wander back here tomorrow.
imnchghere Offline
#1504 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 1:49:13 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon.. taking a brief tea break to regroup. Working hard on the family room. And trying to get any last minute holiday items for the donation boxes. I should have started all this in the summer. But I am seeing improvement.
Carrie, yes I have lost weight with all this hauling/moving and trips up and down the stairs. I keep hiking up my sweat pants.
I sure hope you can get the fireplace insert taken care of. Oh and sorry about the added menu items. Smoked salmon is one of my favorites. My aunt used to smoke and can salmon. My uncle would catch it, so it was the freshest fish and soooooo good. Nice advantage of growing up in the Pacific NW.

Talked to my sister this morning for a bit. She said if I decide to fly out, she can pick me up at the airport and then drive me up to Mom's, saving a bunch of airfare and time. I would have to fly in on a Wed or Thur though. So I am trying to work the dates. Jim can't get away from work, so he won't be able to join me. I have not traveled alone in a long time.

Speaking of computer back up, I need to do that. I do it regularly, but can't remember when the last time was. I just put it on my list.

Well, tea is gone and it is time to get back to cleaning. Soon it will be time to figure out a dinner plan.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1505 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:14:45 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello ladies!

Pat, Thur. house is big, (4 bedrooms/4 baths) but it is clean when I arrive so it is easy!
It sounds like plans are starting to come together for a trip west for you. Yippee!

After I did that I came home and cleaned my house. It was really dusty! Then my sister, nephew and dad arrived. My sister who lives nearby came over then, followed by Dh then DS getting home from work. Tonight my nephew (Kaite's brother) arrived from the other side of the state. We ate and played cards and visited.

Carrie, what was the outcome of the fireplace? Is it on the curb??? ;)
I have not heard of those carts, were they a good deal??
It sounds like you are making progress on the baby album.
Yea, I don't do so well cleaning my own house. I like doing others though. It's pretty easy, flexible and pays well. The people I clean for are all so nice.

Rhonda, you make fast work of scanning and taking care of those pictures, wow!
Did the carpets get all cleaned?
Are you going somewhere for turkey or will you be at home?

I am a bit concerned about Nancy, has anyone heard anything??

I think I will head to bed, a full morning of cooking tomorrow!

Edited by user Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:20:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: it's late and I can't think straight, hehe

imnchghere Offline
#1506 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:32:41 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Paula, I saw either today or yesterday, that Nancy had been on Pinterest. I also saw her on the mb, but she might not have had time to post. I think if anything was wrong she woud have sent one of us at least an email.

I did get a FB message from Lizzy earlier and she is having trouble getting on the MB. She asked if there was anything wrong with it. I hope she can figure it out.

Well, I am almost done with the family room. I won't have time to purge everything in there before the 2nd when everyone will be here, so I just stacked it on one side of the storage closet and maybe I will get to it.

Not really sure about CA. It is a lot of $$ for a short visit. I might be better off waiting until January and be able to stay a little longer. I just hate traveling during the winter, especially by myself. We will have to see.

Well, I am calling it a night here also. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
rm920 Offline
#1507 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:45:33 AM(UTC)
rm920

Happy Thanksgiving!

Carrie, I guess it didn't take too long to go through that one box - three days. And I have been through them several times before and sorted them. This time was mainly to get them all scanned and saved to my computer and sorted by families etc. What was the outcome of the fireplace? Enjoy all the smoked meats!

Paula, sounds like you had a full house last night. I know everyone enjoyed themselves. Enjoy today.

Pat, I do understand about traveling alone, but I found either I do it or I do not go anywhere. I am kind of hoping for a trip to the Ft. Wayne library. But need to have job etc before I even think about any traveling. I found I have so much family from that area!

Lizzy, do you have your list of projects for your holiday? Hope you have a very relaxing and enjoyable vacation!

Laurie and Nancy, hope all is well with both of you.

Today will be a quiet day at home. I do have to sweep and dust in the basement in preparation for my Sister and BIL's arrival tomorrow evening.

I am so blessed to have this mb family. I love each and every one of you. Thank you for all your support.

Have a great day everyone!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1508 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:28:50 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well Rhonda, Ft. Wayne isn't toooo far from me... :)
Doesn't sound like you have too much to do to prepare for your company. I thought you had some coming. Will they stay overnight? (I can't remember where they come from but I am thinking it is driveable). Will you be cooking?
I am so glad to have gotten to know our Challenged Friends too. I love that we have met and have that connection too. It's nice to have a friendly/helpful ear to go to.

Well, the food is cooking, the table is set, I am going to finish my napkin ring holders now. (Nancy would have done that two weeks ago. Blushing ) hehe
The boys went frolfing so they will probably slide in just before dinner.
Oh, I saw on a crock pot site that you can make the corn casserole and broccoli/rice/cheese bake in crock pots so I did that today, so far, so good.
Lizzy Offline
#1509 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:21:28 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Thanks to Pat and Paula, I persevered and finally got into the MB here. I won't go into all the troubles I had, but thankfully, I'm here now!

I made it through the no AC week and this week at school. Mario finally had two perfect days which was fabulous. I was so proud of him my insides tingled and I nearly cried. I told him I wanted to give him a big hug and he said I could. I was so proud of him!! On our half-day, he was so excited about going on vacation, he could not hold it together the last hour, which is really understandable. I couldn't believe how many of my boys gave me good-bye hugs when they left yesterday.

The AC was broken all that week, but fortunately I was able to keep the room at a reasonable temperature by taking in a fan and opening the windows. The weather also cooperated. Apparently, there had been a short in the connection from the thermostat to the unit, blah, blah, blah. The man who came to fix it has been there before and he is a sweetie.

The school allows me to choose whether to move or not. I didn't want to move as long as it was bearable temperature-wise because it is such a hassle. I figured we could manage it since the weather was cooler and we had a fan.

Kat and Malcolm are here for the holiday. They will leave on Saturday AM because they are going to the Stanford/UCLA football game up at the Rose Bowl (Pasadena) that day.

My plans for vacation are as follows:

1) get any schoolwork done
2) scrap
3) sleep
4) declutter and organize bonus room
5) do Christmas

I want to do the schoolwork first because I did that in August and didn't regret it at all....get it out of the way instead of leaving it to the end! (What a concept!)

Rhonda, I'm so glad to hear that Amber is going to be able to spend Saturday with you! That is just fabulous. Of course, I know Cody will also be with you as well.

Pat, you've done a tremendous job with your home. You are to be congratulated over and over again!

Laurie, stay healthy and do good. No more needs to be said about that.

Carrie, what is a fireplace insert?

Nancy, come back, we miss you!

Paula, what sorts of fun things did you do this weekend.

Well, I'm going to go and spend some time with the family. Bye for now.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1510 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 5:35:32 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Here are the napkin holders I made for today.
Hope everyone is having a nice day.

File Attachment(s):
018.JPG (2,153kb) downloaded 7 time(s).
imnchghere Offline
#1511 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 7:45:48 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. Lizzy, glad you were able to finally get in. I had a heck of a time last time and finally gave up and went to bed. Seems like I have to do each step in a certain order. It especially aggravates me when I need to do CFS thread updates.

Today, I have to work on laundry and the living room. There are a few Thanksgiving decorations to put away and then I want to move the furniture around, so the tree can be put up. I will continue to do purging and de-cluttering if I can. I also want to finish up my holiday cards.

Paula, the napkin rings turned out cute. I had to laugh about your comment re Nancy and how she would have had them done 2 weeks ago.
Lizzy, I think your plan to get the school work out of the way first is good. Enjoy the holidays and do some fun things (crafting) also. You need a relaxing break for sure.
Rhonda, what will you be up to today? I have some other info re Fort Wayne that I am going to send you. Also researching in IN, as we just did that.

Going to get the laundry going here. Hello to everyone else..
rm920 Offline
#1512 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 9:33:41 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Paula, loved the bday cake you had for Greg! And the napkin holders turned out very cute. Do you still have family visiting today?

Pat, I am looking forward to the info on Fort Wayne. I am finding quite a bit of family in that area, so I am spending a lot of research time there - at least for this branch of the family.

Lizzy, great plan to get school work finished first, then the rest of the break is for the fun things.

Hope everyone didn't eat too much yesterday. BigGrin

My sister and BIL arrive later this afternoon, then the rest will come tomorrow. Looks like there will be about 20 of us here. I can't wait. I have all the house ready. My sis and I will start some of the prep work tonight, then finish in the morning with Cody's help.

But first I am heading out to hairapy!

Will check in later.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1513 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 3:26:39 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies.

Yes Rhonda, family is still here. They will leave tomorrow.
Today my two sisters and I shopped. We didn't hurry out of the house so the crowds weren't bad. Long check out lines still though. I picked up some bedding for Serina's blanket drive, got a fleece zip up to replace an old one, a sweater for Katie and some movies for Tay. My sister from up north got a bunch. She really put a dent in her Christmas shopping.
Greg often asks for a turkey cake because his mom had made them for him. Years ago she gave me the pattern and we have made them the last few years. When I saw the one at Martin's I had to get it. The year he was born the 22nd was on Thanksgiving so he really is a turkey guy.
Hope hairapy went well and your sis and her DH arrived safe. Enjoy your day tomorrow, sounds like you are going to have quite a crowd.

Pat, that is funny but oh so true!! Nancy is very organized.
Were you able to get to the furniture moving?? How nice that your cards are almost finished.

Well, the kids are going to be swarming like locust here in a bit so I think I will check out the kitchen.

imnchghere Offline
#1514 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 6:24:39 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. I imagine that Rhonda is deep in prep work for her crowd tomorrow. Nice to have some help in the kitchen.

I mostly worked on laundry and finished up my cards. I went over to M's this morning to get their $1.99 wreaths for the cemetery. There was no line and I was in and out in minutes. Then we went to Staples (2 doors down) to get mailing labels. They had a desk chair reg $149 for $49. We needed a 2nd chair, so got it using a credit we had. We then went back after lunch and got another one for a Christmas gift for Stephanie & sil. There was no line at Staples either. I also picked up 2 GB houses for Kristen's boyfriend's 2 children who will be joining us for decorating.

I have spent the day otherwise working on the ornaments. Tomorrow, I am going to finish the living room and have Jim put up the tree. I think I have a plan for the furniture. I will continue working on the ornaments tomorrow as well. The other room I want to finish up this weekend is the dining room. I would like to move the furniture in there, but there won't be time. So I am going to just skip it I think.

Paula, sounds like fun times at your house and shopping. I am waiting on lists from my grands to shop. Sarah is the only one so far who has given me one. Youngest dgs is a Lego and Star Wars fan, so he will be easy to shop for. Youngest dgd is a hard one, as is her brother who has asked for an iPad an iPhone or a laptop. NOT happening. Anyway, I would like to get started on my shopping quickly.

I have a cookie exchange on the 3rd. I am making chocolate caramel thumbprints. Never made them before, so I hope they turn out.

Well, need to get back to the ornaments. I am using the cuttlebug to cut the parts and I am going to have a hurting shoulder. Probably going to be a 2 motrin night.
Lizzy Offline
#1515 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 10:26:24 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends...yesterday was a very lazy, easy-going day. We watched football and ate our football food, played games, and generally hung out. The kids went out to Target for a bit of Black Thursday shopping. I finished a really good book I had been reading. That was about it.

Today, we went out to see "The Life of Pi" which was really good. Then, we came back for BBQ beef and I made my spinach-artichoke dip. I made it a bit different from last year and we actually like it a bit better! Right now, we're watching TV a bit.

The kids were supposed to go up to Pasadena to the UCLA-Stanford football game, but they just decided not to go. So, I don't know what we will do tomorrow. I kind of wanted to go to Walmart, but I don't know for sure now.

I really like your napkin rings and turkey cake, Paula! Both are very nice...plus the dishes from your MIL! Sweet memories!

Everyone take care...I'll talk to you later.

imnchghere Offline
#1516 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:37:55 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. it is chilly and breezy this morning. Also very dreary.
Lizzy, a lazy, easy going day is a good way to get your break going. Jim & I rarely go to movies. I think I would like to see Lincoln and I also told him I would like to go to go to Les Miserables.

Shortly, I am going to start on the living room. There are some things in there that need to go in the JEEP, to be hauled to the dump. There is another box upstairs that needs to be donated also. We will be making both those trips tomorrow I think.
I worked until very late last night on the ornaments. I have all the cuts ready to assemble for I think 6. Very time consuming project. I need to come up with the decorative cwnter, but I am sure I have something in my crafty supplies.

Going to get busy now and take advantage of Jim to move some things for me.
Flee57 Offline
#1517 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 2:53:21 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good early morning everyone!

It sounds like you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. D and I enjoyed Thanksgiving with my family. The last one in the big old house. Next year it will just be a big house...but not old. My Sister bought a house in Ft Wayne (lots of talk about Ft Wayne lately). Anyway, we had a wonderful meal. Lots of munchies and football. I don't think D has ever sat down in front of a tv watching football for that long...ever! I did great with the munchies. I also didn't overstuff myself! I feel good about it. We'll find out Monday when I get on the scale LOL

Rhonda, how exciting that you have family from Rising Sun. If there's anything I can do to help you research them, just let me know.

Lizzy, happy vacation time! I'm glad you are enjoying an easy holiday. Was Sarah there too?

Pat, you are busy as usual. Have fun putting up the tree. I remember how pretty your room was with your tree in it

Carrie and Nancy, I hope you are having a great weekend.

We had a very long trip up to N Canton. We left town just before 1 and didn't get to DS's until after 7:30. We were at a crawl through Columbus for over 1.5 hrs. I think Sadie was a bit confused all the way up there. She's usually my co-pilot in the front seat. She didn't like that. But as usual, she slept all the way home. She was so good the whole time up there. nacho, Bosco and Sadie all got along. D had never met Nacho and only saw bosco for about an hour. He really liked them both. He was like the dog whisperer for 2 days LOL

After watching football all day on a big screen tv, we decided to get one for ourselves. Yes, we are finally in the right century now LOL we didn't do it yesterday though. This morning I got on the computer and ordered it for pick up in the store. Within 1/2 hr my order was ready for pick up. Walked into the store, got it and got right out. That's the way I will shop at Best Buy from now on!

We had a lat dinner tonight. Went to Bob Evans and I had breakfast. Had a cup of coffee with it. That was around 8:30, which is why I am still wide awake. Tomorrow will be a nap day for sure.

Later!

rm920 Offline
#1518 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:27:52 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Laurie, glad you and DH had a good visit with your family. Love your new TV. I still do not have any of the flat screen TV's. And since all of my TV's are working good, I don't see one in the near future. Sorry about the coffee keeping you up all night. I'm sure it will be a nap day :)

Lizzy, The Story of Pi sounds like a good movie. I am wanting to see that one and Lincoln. Pi is in our theaters now, but not Lincoln. Will have to see if it is coming or if I will have to go elsewhere to see it. Did your teams win? Football food sounds fun. And then games, sounds like a great day to me.

Paula,glad your shopping trip was a success and that you didn't have to brave the crush of the crowds.

Friday was a little sad for me - DH and I would have celebrated our 39th anniversary that day. Cody did come over late in the afternoon and he made his homemade bread. Then I showed him how to make stuffing and a couple of salads. He also helped me put together a breakfast casserole in the crock pot. Then my sis and BIL arrived and we went out to eat then took Cody home.

Saturday was a bundle of activity from start to finish. Got the turkey in early. We had some of the breakfast casserole (YUMMO!) I went to pick up Amber and BIL went to pick up Cody. Then the rush was one. Cody helped with more prep work and people started arriving. Ended up with 18 people so not too bad and wasn't crowded at all. Lots of food and visiting and pictures. I made a salad my grandmother always made for family get togethers. I was searching for a bowl to put it in and had Cody open the high up shelf doors to look and he pulled down one of my grandmother's bowls! So grandma's salad in her bowl. Loved it. We also served the turkey on the platter my mother always used. So lots of memories. Amber loved the story about grandma's bowl and her salad.

Once everyone was traveling home and I got Cody and Amber home, and got the kitchen all cleaned and back in order, I was exhausted. It was an early night for me.

I think I will work on my Christmas cards today. What is everyone else up to?

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1519 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:33:38 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Laurie it sounds like you had a nice holiday. How nice to have D with you. Normally when you traveled, he worked. Nice bonus!! :)
Hurray for the new TV. What a great way to shop!

Rhonda, those "milestone" dates can be hard as they pass. I am sorry your day was a bit blue. I am so glad C could come and spend time with you. How wonderful that he can share breadmaking with you and you can share cooking skills you have and family traditions. :)
I am glad you had a nice day with family on Saturday too. I understand the using things from past generations for your holiday celebration and remembering the "good old days". Just think, you are making those memories with your GKs now. :)
Was this the first time you made the crock pot breakfast casserole? I am interested in what was in it.
I don't have a plan for today yet. My sister stayed after the rest left yesterday and helped put the house back in order. We even remade the beds. It feels good to have all that done. :)

Lizzy, it sounds like you had a great time with family too. Glad you could relax a bit and just enjoy!

Pat, it sounds like you are still busy purging and working on ornaments.

I have no plan for today. Guess it's time to regroup and figure out what is next.
imnchghere Offline
#1520 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:53:47 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Sunday Morning all..
Rhonda, sounds like your holiday was perfect. Lots of memories remembered and being made, along with conversation and good food.
I have a file of FW info I am going to send you, along with some of my own thoughts.
Laurie, I saw your new TV. Very nice. Your Thanksgiving also sounds like it was good. Too funny about Sadie being confused for the car ride.
Paula, nice of your sister to stay and help get the house back to order.
Yesterday, I spent most of the day working on the cabinets that flank the fireplace. They have my Dickens Village in them year around and needed cleaning up and bulbs replaced. There are about 3 doz bldgs plus the people, trees and other extras, so this is no easy job. But I got one cabinet completed and will do the other today. I did the one closest to where the tree will sit, so Jim can get it up.
I need to finish up the envelopes for my holiday cards as well as continue working on the SU ornaments. They are going slower than I had anticipated, but I think if I could just concentrate on them and not be interrupted, they would go quicker. I forgot about the Rosette in the center and need to cut and fold those strips. They will get done by the coming weekend.
So with that all said, I am going to get off the computer and get busy on the 2nd cabinet.
Have a great day everyone.
Flee57 Offline
#1521 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:46:58 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning...well almost afternoon!

I ended up falling asleep around 7 and woke up at 10. Still probably a nap in the near future.

Rhonda, so glad you had a nice family Thanksgiving. I'm sure it was bittersweet with thoughts of your DH. Love the bowl/salad story.

No plans here today. Just football.

Later!

Lizzy Offline
#1522 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:05:04 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends...today, we went out for brunch down at Laguna Beach, then did our normal routine: walk along the boardwalk, cross the street to Starbucks, walk back along the boardwalk, stop and sit for awhile, then go back to the car, and finally drive back home. It's so funny how we always do the same thing! After we got home, we watched more football, then the kids left to go home. They both have to work today, so they wanted to make it a relatively early evening. I have just been hanging out, watching a bit of TV myself. I actually have a bit of a headache...so I've been taking it easy. Not sure why I have a headache.

Rhonda, you had a house full of guests and a pretty nice time with everyone there. I'm so glad you got to use the bowl and platter from your mother and grandmother! Such sweet memories. I know you dearly miss your husband and those are bittersweet memories...I'm sure he is missing you, too, but is happy to see you busy with your family and friends. I'm so glad Cody and you are sharing your cooking times and that both he and Amber were able to be there.

Pat, I am smiling about you getting your Dickens Village up and operational! I'm sure it is taking some doing getting it dusted off and the lights replaced!

Laurie, the Best Buy routine is definitely the way to go. I think you also avoid the nagging from them about purchasing their extended warranty. Sears will likely be calling me pretty soon to see if I want to purchase it...what a pain! Laurie, did you take a nap? I napped on and off on Saturday...but not today. I slept later today. Hmmm....

Paula, there is no doubt...your sister is a gem to stay around and help get the house tidied up with you! She's a total keeper!!

Well, tomorrow, Terry has me running a few errands for him, but I am going to start my purging of the bonus room. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by it, but I will persevere. I want to empty the bookshelves behind my scrapping table so that I can totally use them for my scrapping stuff. I'd also like to move another bookshelf across the room and perhaps move my desk where the bookshelf now is. I might even be able to get rid of some of the other smaller bookshelves, or reconfigure them. It all remains to be seen...I guess it will depend on how it all works out. I am just eager to see how much I can empty out of that room! I will have to buy some boxes for all the books that are the girls'. But some of the stuff, I will be pitching or giving away, so I won't need boxes for that.

I also want to spend some time scrapping tomorrow, so I will probably allocate some time for purging and some time for scrapping and some time for school stuff. My goal is to have my school stuff done by the end of the week.

Well, I've chatted on long enough...everyone take care. I'll check in tomorrow.

rm920 Offline
#1523 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:21:18 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all....

Lizzy, I think you have the perfect day! Walking along the boardwalk with family - and getting exercise at the same time! Have fun with the craft room purging/reorganization.

Laurie, how much football did you watch? Or did you nap through itWink

Paula, the crockpot breakfast casserole was good. Here is the link: (I hope this works)
http://jimmydean.com/rec...breakfast-casserole.aspx It was very good and easy, but be sure to not over cook it!

What is everyone up to today?

I have to go in to work to run a few checks for my old boss this morning. Then back to work on my cards. I have most of the pieces ready, so will start assembly. Hope to have them finished today.

Tonight is Lady Hornet basketball.

Edited by user Monday, November 26, 2012 6:25:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1524 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:22:10 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good morning.

Sorry I have been AWOL all weekend. I have a mountain to climb before I leave Wednesday morning. So I will return in a week or so when I get home.

I skimmed a bit of the action and am so glad you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I am out the door to take my car in for service.

Happy Cyber Monday! Have a super terrific day!
imnchghere Offline
#1525 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 7:09:35 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning ... sunny and COLD here. I enjoy winter, but hate the bundling up to go out.

Lizzy, I would love a walk on the boardwalk. Sounds like you have a good plan for the day. Get that schoolwork out of the way and then playing a little. After weeks and weeks of purging and de-cluttering (with more weeks to go) I am behind you on your venture. I know that overwhelming feeling oh so well. I've kind of come to a halt though to get ready for the holidays, as we have a big family weekend coming up. But tthen there is nothing until the end of the month, when we have Christmas and Jim's birthday.

Rhonda, I did my Christmas cards assembly line also. Last night I did the scoring step for my ornament parts. I've been working on them assembly line as well, but the interruptions have made it slow. I need to pick up speed on those, so they can go into the mail.

Carrie, you are in high speed. Is Jen getting excited to move into her new home?

Well, I am off this morning to J's or M's. I need to replace a multi light cord for the village, so I can finish that job up. Putting a pork loin in the slow cooker for dinner. Going to keep moving today and get the living room done.

Lizzy Offline
#1526 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 10:46:59 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good morning...so far, I've not done much of anything except watch TV and drink coffee. Hmmm....I don't want this to become too much of a habit.

I am itching to get upstairs and either scrap or purge. Or, I could stay down here and do schoolwork. Hmmm...decisions, decisions!

Not much else going on.

Rhonda, I hope your work at the office goes fast and you get home quickly to do what you want to do. Same for you, Pat.

Where are you off to, Carrie? Florida?

Paula, what's on your agenda? How about you, Laurie? Nancy? I hope all of you are doing well.

Everyone take care. Bye for now.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1527 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 2:00:12 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!

Lizzy!! Welcome to vacation!! :)
I am with Pat, get that school work out of the way so you can forget about it and enjoy the rest of your break!! (easy to say, harder to do)

Pat, I hope you can/did find the the light cord you need for your village.

Carrie, I am glad you popped in to let us know you would be gone. Hope your car servicing went well.

Rhonda, I hope you are happily crafting away on your cards.
I checked out the recipe. Did you use the tomatoes? Besides that it sounded good.

This morning I went to my everyother Mon. house even thought this is not my week.
I had put out the word that I would do extra cleaning or one time cleaning for anyone and donate the money to S's pagent fund. Sometimes people like a clean before the holidays so I thought I would tell the people I clean for incase they hear of someone wanting it.
So this lady had me deep clean her basement. She had weekend company so I did the bedding too. It really wasn't hard because I pretty much keep up on it.

Now I am doing L and am going to cut some letters for a collection box for S. She is doing a blanket/bedding drive for the local shelter.
imnchghere Offline
#1528 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 3:14:10 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good afternoon… busy day here, but the living room is done. Hope to get Jim to put the tree up and I can decorate it this week.
But first I went to M’s and got the village cord. They were 50% off, so a decent deal. I also picked up red embossing powder to make cards to go with the ornaments and flat pearls to finish the ornaments. Now I just need to wrap that project up. Maybe this evening. I did get the living room done and Jim can put the tree up now. Have a pork tenderloin in the slow cooker. It smells good, but that is probably because I am hungry. Not sure what we will have to go with it.
Paula, you were busy today. So these are one time cleanings you are adding to your regular ones??
Lizzy, I hope you came to a decision about what to do. Even if you just got the school work started that would be good. The bonus room sounds like a bigger job. I would first get the girl’s books packed up and out of your way. And any of the obvious stuff that you will be getting rid of. I found the less I had/have in my way, the better I did. Like when the various boxes got picked up or hauled away, it made me feel good and like I had progress. I am in no way done with all the purging/sorting/donating, but there is a huge difference in the various rooms.
Rhonda, I hope you made progress on your cards. I just need to put stamps on mine and they are ready to go.
Jim is home, so we are going to eat and have that out of the way.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1529 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:32:04 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

It's coooold! Huh

Monster house today but T is going along. Yea!

Tonight us girls are meeting at Cathy's to bake our cookies. We have our class to decorate them Thursday and need to bring them. It will be fun!

rm920 Offline
#1530 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:31:22 AM(UTC)
rm920

UGH!!!Angry I had a long post all typed and hit POST only to get "server application error" and lost the entire post. So will try this again!

Paula, monster house should go very quickly with T there to help you. Have fun baking cookies tonight. Can't wait to see your creations after your class. As for the breakfast casserole, we did use the sun dried tomatoes, but we decided we probably would not use them next time. They didn't really add much to the dish, except color. It is even good warmed up the next day!

Lizzy, coffee and tv sounds like a great way to start your vacation. Did you ever make it upstairs to your craft room?

Pat, I know you are probably knee deep in your room de-cluttering process. Was Jim able to get the tree up last night. Hope the villages are all lit and casting their warm glow on the room. I would love to see a pic of them. I love those villages, wish I had a space to display them. And it is great that you can leave them up year round. That would be a huge process to have to get them out and put away every year.

Carrie, safe travels. Hope there are not too many lines. Were you able to finish your baby album?

Nancy, hope everything is OK with you and you are just busy with the holidays.

Laurie, what have you been up to? Hope you are not lost in TV land in the new TVLaugh

Last night, the Lady Hornets won their game - yeah! This morning woke up to 15* outside. Hope it warms up a bit as tonight is the Christmas parade down main street. Amber is marching with her school band in the parade, so I will be down there cheering them on.

My Christmas cards are all ready for assembly. Then need to create and print mailing labels. Will be glad to have them finished. I have a few gifts I am going to try to make.

Have a great day.