Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sara.grahamcfee16ae Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:49:31 AM(UTC)
sara.grahamcfee16ae

Groups: Registered

I just got a barely used second hand cricut cake and am excited to try it out. I have not had a chance to use it, but I am wondering if it will also cut paper?? I have always loved the cricut cutters but am wondering if I can use my new machine for both or if I should look at a second machine at some point....
SuzieQ Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:59:58 AM(UTC)
SuzieQ

Groups: Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 48 post(s)
The cricut cake will cut paper, and it cuts it very well as long as you switch out the blade housing to the one that is in the expression machine. BUT.... it is not recommended that you use the machine to cut both paper and edible material. So, you will have to decide what you want this machine to do. I think if it were me I would try using it to decorate cakes etc first. Then if I did not feel like I was getting the results I wanted or the amount of use out of it for that purpose, I would use it for cutting paper. From what I have read. You cannot go back to cutting edible material once you have used it for paper. But seeing as I have never used a cricut cake for making cakes, I may be wrong on that score. Maybe someone else can jump in with an answer.