Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6162636465>»
imnchghere Offline
#1861 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:54:04 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning in a very somber castle. Deb, we will all be thinking about you and understand completely.

Busy day ahead for me. Taking my 4 boxes of cards and goodies off to the PO this morning, then home to try one more time to finish the family room. This purging project is starting to wear thin, but has to be completed. I also need to get veggies to roast for Thursday, so will be stopping by the grocery after the PO.

Next door neighbor is moving today, so the cul de sac will be bogged down with a moving truck (actually they are using 2 smaller ones). They were here yesterday packing her up. I will miss her, but she had become kind of annoying the past couple years. I could always count on her to get my pkgs left on the porch when we traveled and to keep an eye on the house, which was nice.

Guess I better get busy here. Need to toddle over to the sign up thread at some point and start a new theme.

Nana22Nina22 Offline
#1862 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 9:05:39 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Good Morning Castle
Read Deb's post on FB yesterday. How terribly sad. I am sure all the other castle dogs were there to greet her also.

I can't remember all I have read except that there is a lot of baking and cooking going on as well as cleaning.

We got back from the cruise Sunday afternoon. I cannot say it was the best cruise ever though. We weren't especially fond of the ship. Our first cabin was above a night club so we had to get it moved. They put us over the theater - still noisy but not as bad as the first. DH came down with a a cold and spent one entire day in bed. Fortunately it was a "sea day" so he didn't miss much. All that being said we still had a pretty good time - I am a water person and could just look at it forever.
We have another one scheduled for March when DH's older brother and his wife will join us. They live in CT. This is the ship we will sail in the Mediterranean next year, so we will be checking everything out (cabin etc!!!) in case we think we will have issues we will have time to change things.
We hadn't really watched a lot of tv on the ship but caught some of the Today Show as we were waiting to disembark on Sunday. It came as a huge shock to SIL and I that this Thursday is Thanksgiving. Not quite sure how that happened. Guess we will be going shopping for dinner today....

SIL and I worked on our cards the 3 days we were at sea. Several people stopped by to see what we were up to. Here is the pic of me and Rosie!
Joanne
Nana22Nina22 attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
RGK Offline
#1863 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 2:48:43 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Deb, I understand that you need to catch your breath. You were in my prayers early this morning. Hugs to you and Howard.

My day was so busy. I'm leaving work a couple of hours early tomorrow and will be off Friday. I need time to get ready for the holiday and shopping on Friday.

We are having pizza for dinner, leftover from yesterday. I need to call my sis for her birthday today. It's late there but it should be ok.

Hello Pat, Jess, Joanne (welcome back). Glad you are all doing well.

Later... Renate
Phyllis Offline
#1864 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:36:28 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello everyone. Been working my butt off today, I think I'm ready for my guests tomorrow and ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Got more bread on the rise (I hope), if not guess I'll have to go to plan B.

Deb, hope you are doing OK. More hugs and prayers for you.

Renate, are you going out on black Friday? I really don't want to but my friend will be here tomorrow and she will probably drag me out, kicking and screaming. LOL.

Joanne, welcome back. Love the Rosie picture. Sorry DH was sick.

Pat, I see you need a breather too. You did good on your CFS boxes. Bitter/sweet about your neighbor moving, hope you get some good neighbors. I need to check the sign up thread, it's been really slow but there might be an update needed. I noticed that the members on the MB has really really gone down, not much exposure for our CFS anymore. Sigh.

Catch y'all later. Might have time to check in tomorrow.

housefullofrotties Offline
#1865 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 12:31:22 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi everyone. I hope the MOW treats everyone well.

Pat~WTG on getting all of those boxes out. Hope production in the family room continued along.

Joanne~Welcome back. Glad you had an okay time, wish it could have been better.

Renate~Enjoy your long weekend!!

Phyllis~I hope your bread is as ready as you are! It's sad that the MB isn't what it once was. Hope nobody gets hurt with all that kicking and screaming going on!Wink

As always, too much to do and not enough time to do it.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#1866 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:50:44 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good evening, been a very rough 3 days.....we are still in a state of chaos. But we did manage to eat a bit today...I have shed a few tears today....worse for Howard as we bought Savanna a car today and they wanted to know where the 'baby' was....had to explain to them this afternoon when we picked it up. I hope she will be happy, it is a Honda Accord, she wanted 4 doors, nice looking car but not new...this is her 18th b'day and graduation combination gift....have red ribbon to tie on it in the morning....she came and helped me in the yard for a few hours today so she had NO clue what we have done...hope she will be happy....guess we will see tomorrow.

We hired a sitter for MIL this morning, she is now sleeping in my extra bedroom....pray for me....this is difficult to have someone in my house....the sitter will do anything we need done so we felt it was better for the day hours and come out here at night around 6ish....she went to bed before 7....just hard for me to adjust to.....plus bedside potty in the room and it is sort of 'messy', hope I can survive....otherwise it will be me going out there to sleep.....but we are doing what needs to be done and not spend more money then needed at this point....

Will be working on a dinner in the morning, have my ham ready to pop in the oven, potato salad fixings almost completed....add a bowl of cole slaw and dessert and we will be in good shape. The sitter won't be here til 1 tomorrow, so we might ride down to my niece's for a few mins....

I appreciate everyone's kind words for us, it has been hard.....what is also good for us is the sitter will take MIL to any dr appt, riding, whatever we need done while she is here.....hubby will surely be needing a few breaks....and having a 'fresh' face and ears to listen has been good for her today....

Hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow and tell your family you love them.....
imnchghere Offline
#1867 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 8:28:30 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening all.. I have been moving and hauling lots of things today. I am feeling the stairs and should sleep good tonight. Can't sleep too good though as I need to be up early. Need to get veggies prepped to roast and make the cranberry relish.

Deb, I am keeping you in my thoughts these days. Glad Howard was able to find a suitable car for Savanna. And nice that she has no clue.
I am a bit confused about the sitter for mil and who is sleeping in your spare bedroom. I hope it all works out for everyone, but I can understand. My mil stayed with Jim's brother & wife for a while. I felt so bad that we weren't able to help, but she was an amputee and I have a 3 story house. bil has a single story rambler. It caused a lot of riffs and he doesn't speak to Jim to this day. That was 18 yrs ago. A lot got dumped on my sil, who was a Godsend.

I have been working on this and that all day. Lots of partially done things. Tried not to disturb Jim, as he was working from home. That made it kind of hard. It was nice to have him when I needed something heavy to be dealt with.

Well, I need to get back to work here. Going to try to have an early night. We will see how I do.

Hope all the Queens and their families have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

KarenCuller Offline
#1868 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:46:01 AM(UTC)
KarenCuller

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Sending Thanksgiving wishes for a blessed day for all my my cricut friends and families. You have all been special to me during my medical "dramas". For that I give thanks.

A special hug to Deb and Howard.

RGK Offline
#1869 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:00:49 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

I wish all my friends in the castle a Happy Thanksgiving Day.
Deb I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Renate
Gramma Offline
#1870 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 9:09:55 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all the Queens and their families. We celebrated last night so we could accommodate everyone's schedules.

Deb, still sending hugs and prayers for you and Howard.

Hugz,
Gramma
imnchghere Offline
#1871 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 11:46:25 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Queens and their families.
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#1872 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:15:14 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Happy Thanksgiving to my castle mates. Hope you all have a wonderful day.
Thinking about you and Howard, Deb. Hugs and prayers....
Dbson Offline
#1873 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 3:26:24 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Thanksgiving Day to you all....may you have been blessed beyond measure today with family, friends and food. A sad day for us, but we will get better....thank you all...I told hubby we should take all the unopened treats to the place that is a 'no kill' shelter locally, I am sure they would appreciate any and all donations.

MIL spent the night, ready for b'fast as soon as my feet hit the floor...before I even got my first cup of coffee......not sure how this is going to work out...we don't do b'fast...so hubby may have to get the sitter to prepare a couple days of biscuits, etc and have them ready for her......just taking a day at a time.

Pat what we had originally planned to do was have the sitter come and stay from 10pm-7am....but yesterday morning when hubby went out to check on her she was all a twitter, crying, scared....so that changed the sitting time....now she will have a day sitter from about 9-5ish...then she comes out here...hubby has already told her that at night, he watches TV and I am usually in my room on the computer or making cards....not to expect me to be in there at all times....she is in my recliner and watching TV. Since she is so hard of hearing, he also told her that the TV could not and would not be up at the top volume......you can hear her TV in her apartment out on the street she plays it so loudly....

Had offers to visit with my niece but today has been a day full of tears and I just don't want to dress.......having 'someone' in my house is very hard for me.....because I feel it will be more permanent in her mind than we anticipated....

Hope everyone had a great day, praying that we will have some peace in a few days to know in our heart the right decision was made....we know it was, but still have those lingering 'what if'....

Edited by user Thursday, November 22, 2012 6:01:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#1874 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 7:18:55 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Friday morning.. Deb, thanks for the explanation. It now makes more sense. I totally understand having someone in the house. Even when we have the grands here for an overnight or couple days, it is disrupting, albeit a fun disruption.
I think the donation of treats to the shelter is perfect. When our pets were gone, I gave the food to our Vet.
It has been quite a month for you. I hope things ease up. Holidays are hectic enough on their own.

We had a nice time at DD's. She made corned beef and we all agreed it was a nice change. Only 2 of the 5 grands were with us, but we have gotten used to it. After dinner we headed to Michael's to take advantage of some of their good deals and the 30% off cpn. After months of purging/trashing/etc, I couldn't really justify buying anything, but I did get some candy melts to make peppermint bark. Stephanie was funny with her "Pinterest list". She is NOT my crafty one.

Today, I am doing laundry and working on the living room. We brought home leftovers, so I don't have to worry about cooking.
Will try to finish up my holiday cards and get the plan together for next weekend and gingerbread decorating.
RGK Offline
#1875 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 12:03:42 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Well, I just lost what I typed (MB error)and can't remember it all so I'll just say hello and hope everyone is doing fine. Renate
Gramma Offline
#1876 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:53:24 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings from a winter white WNY Castlemates. Weather was beautiful up to yesterday afternoon.. and then "it" came... LOL

Kids are still here from MD. Home tomorrow, work on Monday... bummer!

Had time to make a couple of cards... nothing spectacular, but I did like the one attached. Was practicing with my copics and I just got the Tim Holtz "bricked" embossing folder. I think it turned out OK.

Hope the rest of you were able to finish off the leftovers, we haven't ...yet.

Stay warm!
Hugz,
Gramma
Gramma attached the following image(s):
10CFS12.jpg
imnchghere Offline
#1877 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 10:51:01 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Well, the message board is giving me fits on Firefox and IE, so I'm using Chrome. I have re-booted, cleared cookies and cache so many times my head is spinning, all for the MB, because I don't have problems with any other website pages.

Gramma, love the new little dude. That would be a perfect BD card for my nephew who is a hard rock band member.

Trying to get the LR ready for the tree. Going very slow. Trying to put things away and getting rid of some that are NOT keepers. Would like to have only ONE tub of fall stuff. So the plan is to get rid of what doesn't fit. Yeah, I continue to be brutal with the purging.

I have Jim on call for moving the heavy stuff and items that are just in my way. If I can just get the spot for the tree, then he can put it up and decorating it will happen another day.
LOVING how uncluttered the family room is. Now I can use the Wii again. BigGrin

Well I need to make sure this is going to post and then get back to work.
Dbson Offline
#1878 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 11:47:35 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Well this MB is doing some weird things this morning, will try to post before it goes crazy on me again....last post didn't even give me time to copy....so I am in MS word to see if I can post it this time without problems. Went to a brunch this morning, everyone already knew about the pooch, so hubby was able make it for an hour….
I have my tree done, mantle almost finished, stockings hung, items out for the buffet but need to get some tins/containers in and washed for my baking. I am just about ready to get some cookies and goodies made….
Right now we are planning to take a few days and go somewhere….not sure if it will be north, south, east or west…..have some ideas but may be the night before we leave. May take the VW or might get my Trailblazer out…..kids are coming next Sunday for lunch and we hope to head out as soon as they leave. Thinking pizza and a couple desserts with disposable plates for quick clean up.
Joanne love the pic, sorry hubby got sick and you had room issues….sounds like the next trip will be wonderful.
Pat glad you are able to get the purging done….sadly my Wii is in the extra bedroom with MIL….
Gramma love the ‘rocker’…..too cute….
Phyllis did you go shopping willingly or kicking and screaming?
Renate hope you have a great weekend….are you still scanning/shredding?
I saw Jess was out shopping this weekend…
Karen how are you feeling these days?
Hello to anyone else that might drop in, I am going to see if I can get online and order some supplies and files…..and I have an order of those nugget tins coming…guess I better put the candy on my grocery list too……and got 3 gifts this morning so I need to get the vinyl cut for them…..have a great day….later….
RGK Offline
#1879 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 7:07:35 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

hello, just checking in for a minute,
I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Gramma, cute card, clever way using the T.H. embossing folder. Yuk on the white stuff.
Pat, woohoo on all that clean space. Yikes on the MB trouble. I had some trouble last time I was on too.
Deb, seems you had MB trouble too. My, you are busy busy. I hope all your plans will work out. No scanning/shredding so far this weekend, maybe I'll do some tomorrow.
I did some shopping this morning. We had leftovers for dinner. I've been making good use of the 40% off at Silhouette. I found some good files, it just takes so long to check out what you want. Also downloaded a bunch of the free 'BirdsCards' file. I'll need to back up all those files soon.
Hello to all who might stop by this weekend.
Good night, Renate
imnchghere Offline
#1880 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:14:17 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Sunday morning.. I have been trying to stop by the castle. Just too busy. Yesterday I worked on the living room and the cabinets that flank the fireplace. They hold my Dept 56 Dickens Village and they were embarrassing. They are up year around although I only turn the lights on during the holidays. Anyway, I decided to empty the cabinets, clean it all up, replace all the bulbs and enjoy them this year. Took me a good chunk of the day to do the first cabinet. I will work on the 2nd one this morning.
Hope to make a dump run this afternoon as well as a donation drop off.

Deb, I hope you and Howard have a nice getaway, no matter which direction you head. I am looking forward to our trip to NC in the next week or so.
Renate, sounds like you got lots of new files to play with. I finished my Christmas cards, but still working on the SU ornaments. Very time consuming, especially when there are so many other things needing to be done.
Phyllis, Joanne, Jess, Gramma,and everyone else, hope your weekend was great.

Dbson Offline
#1881 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 8:01:02 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Ok, board messing up again……..in MS word once more trying to get a post done….thinking the MB is soon going to be a thing of the past like all the cutters and such they have done away with…..

I slept in this morning, but did get some b’fast going for MIL…..we need a grocery run to have some things that hubby can get ready for her if I sleep in…..

We are taking a ride today, headed north to a favorite state park we camped in for years. The tornado of 2011 almost destroyed it along with the pines the eagles nested in. So I have my cameras all packed in hopes of some pics…deer are plentiful in the early mornings there too. We will see what I might be able to capture in print.

Pat glad your plans are progressing for the continued purging….

I am off to get a shower, pack the cooler and nudge hubby this morning….he is still having difficult times without Prissy….she was his constant companion every where he (we) went….the house is so quiet…..

Hope everyone has a great day and I will check in a bit later…..
imnchghere Offline
#1882 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:04:15 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Deb, I am also using word to put my posts together. I agree on the fate of this MB. Why oh why can't they get things right. Other MB's don't seem to have all these issues.
I hope you have a wonderful picture taking trip. I have never seen an eagle up close, except at the Zoo. Enjoy the wildlife

I have hard cooked some eggs and getting ready to dig into the 2nd cabinet of bldgs. The day is slow getting moving.
Phyllis Offline
#1883 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:46:34 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello ladies, our friends just left about an hour ago, it's been rush rush, busy busy every day since last Tuesday. I'm ready for a breather but have so much to do, it's not going to happen. I've got to start now on finishing up decorating and getting ready for another gathering on Dec 8th. Have to get my Christmas shopping done for that one too.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, sorry I didn't get a chance to get on at the time.

Pat, I see you're still purging. I see everyone is having trouble with the MB, hope mine will post.

Deb, maybe you need to get another puppy, I think that will help in the healing process. Glad you are planning some get-aways.

Gramma, cute cards, boo on the white stuff.

Renate, glad you were able to take advantage of the 40% off at Sillhouette. Their site for the image downloads is extremely slow due to the traffic, I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Hello to Joanne, Jess and everyone else.

Edited by user Sunday, November 25, 2012 12:47:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#1884 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 1:48:08 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Well the trip was a shorter one than I had hoped for….we rode up to Guntersville State Park, man what that tornado did to such a beautiful place. I was driving and at one lake area I am pretty positive I saw a juvenile eagle sitting on a downed log over the lake. Of course no place to turn around, gone when we came back by. It was too big to be a hawk. The trees are gone, such an open area now….sad to see…hubby was ready to come back, so we did….

I am doing all I know to do to help hubby with this loss, it hurts me just as bad….not even going to mention going anywhere anymore…..he can burst the biggest happiest bubble I have….

I am having a hard time with the ‘S’ online file site too…..at least my ‘canned reply’ was answered by a human Sat morning…..they should have known it was going to be a wild week there……

Curious to see how the 'legal dept' answers, if and when they finally do, about the G/carts. You know if they decide to stop producing the G, what happens to folks like me with ALL my linked carts? Don't think they can fix that big screw up......

Well I plan to fix a nice cup of coffee, get my cutter going and make some b’day cards I need to Dec….
RGK Offline
#1885 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:55:41 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening everyone,
Pat, still purging and making progress. Glad you are going to enjoy your village. I spent a big part of yesterday evening picking files and downloading free ones. I know I will find some later that I wished I had bought but there are so many to look at. I looked mostly at some of the categories I thought I would need.
Deb, sad about the destruction of the park. It will probably take years to recover. Sorry you missed the photo op of the eagle.
Phyllis, welcome back after your week as a hostess. The next few weeks will fly by, and we will get done what ever we can. I say that every year and always feel like I could have done more.--I had no problem with the downloads last night, today is probably a different story. Good luck on your next try.
My long weekend is coming to an end, back to work tomorrow.
Hello to everyone else stopping by.
Renate
imnchghere Offline
#1886 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:26:12 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good evening.. taking a break from the ornaments. Made decent progress on the 2nd cabinet, but I need to replace a light cord, so will be off to M’s in the morning or J’s. Not sure who might have them in stock. Very deep sigh, as I had hoped to finish the cabinet today. Will admit it will be nice to have the village lit up after a year of darkness.
Jim took care of the leaves in the yard (yet again) so I didn’t ask him to mess with the tree. I think the fresh air did him good, even though it was chilly.
Deb, I am sorry the trip was a short one. It is so hard when someone is hurting and there is nothing we can do. Or at least it seems that way.
Phyllis, busy time with your friends. I am not sure when we will get together as a family. It gets more complicated each year it seems. I just go with the flow. I haven’t started my shopping. Only have ideas from Sarah. And my girls are no help. I thought gift cards might be an option, but not so sure.
Renate, it is hard sometimes to think ahead for purchases for what you might need. Hope there aren’t any regrets. What kind of cuts did you get?
Well, I need to get back to the ornaments. I am watching a holiday movie and that is keeping me company. I also made a pot of tea to warm up, so I am good for a while longer.
Dbson Offline
#1887 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:11:32 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, a busy day already at my house, laundry, b’fast, changing sheets on 2 beds, feeding starters…..you know the busy routines……we have some errands this morning to run, so I am trying to get everything done in the house, get the stops made and come home and dig the hole for my border grass this winter….don’t need all of it but don’t want to lose it all either….will sprig it again next spring….

Gramma I sure hope the ‘it’ stuff doesn’t hang around long, glad you had some family time too…..

Pat I gave up years ago trying to ‘buy’ for any one in the family….especially hubby…..and yes it hurts trying to help when you can’t help the pain……

Phyllis glad you had a good visit with friends, now the frenzy to get your Christmas together is on you…..take some time for ‘you’….

Renate hope work treats you well this week, always hard after being off extra days. I have bought a few files, but still have some other things to look at. I got several vinyl designs for next Christmas.

Jess I think you are off today….am I right? Did you go to the chateau for the weekend?

Joanne hope you have recovered from the cruise, any more pics to share?

Karen I pray your hubby will be okay, please let us know how he is….

Hello to anyone else that might drop in, I have to get myself busy, not only to finish my decorating, but a long list of errands today, tomorrow is hair appt, plus my cooking class teacher has a free class at the library at 2pm, basketball game at 6:30pm, hubby has a dental appt on Wed so I hope to drop him off, run to HL and then back to pick him up….trying to keep his mind busy and occupied….I pray time will heal his hurt….the hardest time right now is when he gets a shower….Prissy was always in there with him messing up the rugs and right under his feet…..

Well the MB is once again giving me a crazy error page so I am hoping to post and get out of here…..later….
housefullofrotties Offline
#1888 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:50:05 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Good morning~
Not holding out much hope for this message to go through, but I'll try. My previous attempt brought me to a page with a bunch of technical gibberish and something about the MB being deadlocked!
Anyway, I've read up on how everyone has been doing and how you've all kept busy.

Deb~Thinking of you both and hoping your broken hearts heal a little more each day. Wish your time away could have been a bit more.

Phyllis~Glad you had a nice time with your company. Glad you get a little break (time wise, if not work wise) before your next gathering.

Pat~As usual you're tackling a little bit of everything! Hope you get that cord fixed so you can mark something else off your list. I'b sure the Village will be lovely when it's all light up.

Gramma~Super cute card!!

Renate~Glad you found some files. Are you enjoying your machine?

Hi to Joanne, Karen and Kathy and anyone else that may stop by.

This was my shopping weekend with my sister so we were over on the western part of WI and into MN. A bunch of malls, shops, Mall of America, etc. I bought a ton of stuff, some needed and some not. I would prefer to leave it all piled on the floor rather than dealing with it! I am off today and tomorrow and had high hopes of getting a lot of things done. Off to a slow start! Have a great day!

Jess
RGK Offline
#1889 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 6:09:12 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Monday evening.
Pat, did you get your cord? How many pieces are in your village? We used to set up the little houses and other pieces (J quality)when the kids were small. DGS is not here so we won't set them up. Are all your leaves raked now? I picked mostly holiday files so I can use them for the CFS cards. I'm sure I'm missing something important but I will just have to pay a little more at that time.--Yes, life gets more complicated especially trying to do family things. All you can do is go with the flow.
Deb, I hope your busy day went as planned. Your DH will get better too, it just takes time and probably more tears. How is the arrangement with MIL going?--My day at work was very busy. It was hard getting up this morning...
Jess, how was your Monday off? Are you ready to head back to work in the morning? Sorry about the MB trouble. I want to start on CFS Valentines Day cards soon and bought some files for them. Not much time yet to play.--Glad you had a nice shopping trip with your sister. You don't think you got much done, but really you did. Just maybe not what you wanted to accomplish.
Hello to everyone else, Phyllis, Joanne, Gramma....hope you are doing well.
Renate
imnchghere Offline
#1890 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:48:29 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good morning .. we came very close to having some light snow during the night, but it moved further north, so we only had light rain. I am good with that.
Worked most of the evening on the ornaments. I am having to make some adjustments which will be ok, but throwing me off. I don’t have the die for cutting the paper strip to make the rosette and my alternative plan isn’t working. But it will be ok.. I guess. Going to try to take a picture today of the finished one.
Living room is almost finished and hopefully Jim will get the tree up for me today. He is working from home this morning and this afternoon, he is going to the eye Dr to see if they can get the messed up Rx figured out, then to get his new glasses and to MVA to get his license renewed.
Meanwhile I am going to work on the living room and dining room, trying to finish them up. I also have some items upstairs that need to be consolidated into the donation boxes, which I would like to haul off tomorrow. I just keep bouncing from one thing to the other and it is NOT working.
Renate, there are 37 buildings in the cabinets. I will try to post some pictures. I don’t use any of the fke snow in the display, so it isn’t as pretty as it could be, but it is nice enough all lit up. Jim figures one more leaf cleanup for the year. Oak and sycamore are still dropping. Love my trees for the shade in the summer, but the leaves can make you crazy in the fall/winter.
Jess, sounds like you had a good weekend shopping. I did a little cyber Monday shopping yesterday. Took care of one item for youngest dgd and a small one for middle dgd. I have got to get a plan for gifts together.
Hello to everyone else, Deb, Phyllis, Gramma, Joanne. I am going to hope this posts.