Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Reneeski Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 4:32:28 PM(UTC)
Reneeski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I am new to CCR. I am wondering about the "weekly" free content. Right after I installed CCR last weekend, images from Stand and Salute were available. On Monday when my son wanted to do a project with me, it was gone and Thanksgiving content was available. Now tonight (Friday, 4 days later), I was about to do something with it, and it is already gone and replaced by holiday cards? I tried looking everywhere for the answer, but did not find anything. I just want to know how long the free content is available - are there specific days? I appreciate any help.
Narelle Online
#2 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 6:56:50 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7614 time(s) in 3552 post(s)
The freebies are generally available from Wednesday for a week. If you go to the Cricut.com home page and scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see a "Cut it free for a week" box. Click on that and you'll be taken to a page that shows you which cart/s are free that week.

There are other carts for example the Obama and Romney carts that are available for longer periods. (I thought I read that those two carts would be available till the election but I see that they are still available.)
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Cricut Dani on 11/17/2012(UTC)
Reneeski Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 8:31:18 PM(UTC)
Reneeski

OK, really - how did I miss that huge "Cut it free for a Week" button??? Blushing Thank you so much! I was driving myself crazy trying to figure that out. I do still have the Romney and Obama carts showing as available, but when I click on them they only show a blank box for an image.

Edited by user Friday, November 16, 2012 8:33:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AuntieKLE Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:15:37 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 110 post(s)
In Cricut Craft Room, where you see the blank box that is the background cut for Obama or Romney depending on who you are looking at. Above that box you will see different tabs. If you click on those tabs different layers will show that can be cut. I hope this makes sense.

AuntieKLE attached the following image(s):
Obama CCR.jpg
Romney CCR.jpg
 1 user thanked AuntieKLE for this useful post.
rbkhoodc3e98e56 on 11/17/2012(UTC)
AuntieKLE Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 9:22:41 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Also down at the bottom of that area, you can change the size. So before you begin change the size to what you want and then all cuts you put on the mat will be the right size to go together. Also, make sure that Relative size is chosen (looks like "Aa").

HTH
rbkhoodc3e98e56 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:22:20 PM(UTC)
rbkhoodc3e98e56

Thank you everyone - the info has been helpful! I was especially pleased to see the examples of Obama done up! I couldn't quite figure out how things were going to look (as far as the layers). I'm not new to cricut - but I'm new to the Craft Room - looks like tons of fun! Now if only I can get the time to have the fun!BigGrin
Reneeski Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 9:23:53 PM(UTC)
Reneeski

Thanks everyone. I am very grateful that perfect strangers are willing to answer my dumb questions! I am not exactly computer savvy, and I seem to miss the obvious frequently! I have been playing around with CCR a lot since downloading it last weekend. I am learning how to use it (and how to find my way around message boards...something completely new to me). I am loving not having to switch cartridges constantly, and being able to design something using multiple cartilages and cut them all at once! This makes the Cricut so much more fun for me. I didn't even know CCR existed until last weekend, when I was looking for DS, which I had considered a couple of years ago. I am going to have to *step awaaaay from the cricut* so I can get started on Thanksgiving preparations!