Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6768697071>»
DakotaBear Offline
#2041 Posted : Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:17:06 PM(UTC)
DakotaBear

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Stopping by to say hello. I hope all have made it through storm Sandy without too much loss. I made it through this time with only a lost of power for three hours Monday night.

I spent a wonderful week in Charleston, SC a couple of weeks ago, The first 5 days were with Road Scholars for a Plantations and Stately Homes course. We learned about the architecture and history of the area. The next 3 days were with the Literary Sisters Who Love to Read. With this group of ladies we toured the African American history of the area and met six AA authors. Among the authors were Evelyn Palfrey, Beverly Jenkins, Gregory Morris, Kendra Norman-Bellamy, Margaret Johnson-Hodge and Herb Frazier.

Tomorrow I am off to the Fall Scrapbook Summit. I haven't packed a thing and I am going to work on, if I knew the answer to that then it would be easy to pack the supplies I need to take. I don't want to take the whole scraproom.

I am so sad to hear about the PC products...what next?

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Happy scrapping!!!
HisGem Offline
#2042 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 8:44:13 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
TGIF Y'all!

Dot, good to see you post! Have fun at your summit!

Treva, DH and I used to go to his family and my family's houses for holiday dinners the first few years we were married. It did not go well. His mother/grandmother would get mad if we had to leave to go to my mom's house and vice verse. We even tried to combine the two...yeah that did not go over well. So I have been cooking ALL holiday meals and staying for the last 8-9 years. My mom usually comes here and his mother comes once in a while. I look forward to cooking! Bottom line, I am happy BigGrin, my family is happy and they (extended family) can all be madLOL

Although I don't like the cold, this is my favorite time of year! I know I say this all the time, but it is. It is like around Thanksgiving all the way to Christmas, everyone is so nice and friendly. The day after Turkey day, I have stepped out for some shopping. Normally I don't that but around 9am, all of the stores are empty and I find some good stuff on sale. Then we put up Christmas decorations...all of the Christmas movies start coming that weekendLove

What is your Thanksgiving routine?

Alright all, have a great weekend! Kenya~
pumpkin918 Offline
#2043 Posted : Friday, November 02, 2012 11:41:15 AM(UTC)
pumpkin918

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Everyone,

I hope all is well. By the grace and favor of God me and my family survived Sandy. I cannot look at the news, because I feel so sad for the people in NJ and NY and the other places impacted. I have never in my life encounted weather in this area like recent years. I was born and raised in DC.

It is cold today and the temperature has drop since I left for work this morning. I just want to go home and lay on the sofa in the family room with a blanket and take a much deserved nap.

Kenya, I feel like you do regarding the Imagine. What am I suppose to do with the cartridges? I hope PC will come up with a doable solution. I have been eyeing the other machine for some of the cuts they offer and the ability to import other images. My nephew is a huge Sonic fan, so huge that the last five birthday cakes I have made for him was Sonic. I would love to do a book for him. I missed the consumercraft deal, but hope Black Friday will be a great offer.

Everyone take care and enjoy your weekend!
HisGem Offline
#2044 Posted : Monday, November 05, 2012 9:16:22 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Morning all!

Pumpkin I am happy to read your family is well! There are a few people on this thread that have not checked in and I am a little worried! I am praying they are ok!

Weekend was pretty uneventful. I managed to get a few projects done on Saturday, but I have many more to go! I still have Christmas cards to make. I am doing very simple cards this year. I have about 18 more to make and then I will be done!

Just wanted to check in and give the thread a push...have a good day!
Cassie Offline
#2045 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 5:02:42 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Was thanked: 308 time(s) in 251 post(s)
Good Morning All & Happy "GET OUT & VOTE" Tuesday!

Netta – Sorry to hear about your ltop. My poor thing is going down hill.

Dot – It’s GREAT to see you. You have been busy with your travels. You give us hope on what we can look forward to in our retirement years.

Kenya – I am cracking up at your family thanksgiving happenings over the years. It was the final statement, that they can be mad that had me high fiving you through the monitor. LOL!

Pumpkin – Great to see you post as well. Weather in our area has been funky since the hurricane hit LaPlata a few years ago.

I will be more than happy when this election is over. I have been OVERsaturated with commercials, signs, radio ads, and the news. It doesn't matter who you are voting for, just go out and vote!!

I am hosting my first thanksgiving dinner EVER! It should only be about 8-10 of us, but I am excited. I purchased chocolate chargers and some vinyl and I'm ready to make some things. LOL!! My mom should be here next weekend and I may even take the entire week off. Alright, let me attempt to get some work done. I'm only working 1/2 day.

Have a GREAT day ALL!
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2046 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 8:24:05 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Was thanked: 428 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Hello Tuesday....

I voted and now I'm at work. DH and I usually go together, he wasn't feeling well so I went alone. He's off work today so he'll go later; I told him if he didn't feel like standing in line call me and I'll stand in line for himBigGrin Every since the accident, he can't stand long periods of time which is why I tried to get him to vote early.

Waving hello and happy to see others sharing.

Kenya we've been there and done that with the holiday drama with visiting family. Since we have our own family I rather not travel too far during the holidays. We usually have dinner with the in-laws for Thanksgiving and then do Christams Eve with my family so we're at home for Christmas. Since my in-laws live just 15-20 minutes away we do wind up there more; I don't mind since I always have the option of not goingBigGrin DH is big on family and hates that DD is basically growing up an only child. Oh well such is life!

Cassie, hope all goes well with you hosting a dinner party and that you aren't to tired to enjoy it.

Wishing everyone a happy scrappin' day!

HisGem Offline
#2047 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 8:39:57 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Happy Election Day-finally!

Cassie, preach preach PREACH! I am so tired of commercials and flyers on the doors...I promise on one of the channels here, I see at least SIX commercials back to back. Thank you for the high five LOLLOL OOO hosting your first dinner huh? Exciting for sure! I am not sure if we are having guests or not. I think my mom is coming and maybe my FIL. He is finally divorced from his cancer (literally and his wife) so he has a "friend".

Oh yes, I can understand that Treva. Family is a trip! I am happy with the traditions we started.
If your DH tries to go now, it might not be so bad on him since people are at work and the morning rush has died down.

I voted this morning. The good thing is I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Has anyone heard from Lisa? I am really worried about her!

Alright, I need to keep it moving! Remember to vote if you have not and PLEASE pray for our country!
momto2 Offline
#2048 Posted : Tuesday, November 06, 2012 3:21:52 PM(UTC)
momto2

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good afternoon all. JCI before I head home for the day. Today is my first day back after having surgery on my wrist to remove a cyst Friday. After working a full day today, a sista is tired. But I am so glad to be back to having action around me. Got bored at home with nothing to do but watch TV.

I felt pretty good yesterday, and had so much pent up creative energy, that I put up my Thanksgiving decorations. There are pictures on my blog. I really think that Thanksgiving may be my favorite time to decorate for. My dining room turned out so well, that I just sat in there and looked at it last night. Laugh Laugh

Anywoo, need to get off the computer now. I am not supposed to be typing with my left hand. I have done pretty good working one handed today, so I don't want to overdo it and get back to all that stupid swelling I have had. Have a blessed day all.
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2049 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 8:42:33 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Wednesday.....

JCI to wish everyone a blessed day, glad the elections are over. Hoping we can unite and rally behind our leader so our country can move forward. Please pray for our country, our elected officials and the world.

I'm gearing up for a busy weekend, DH is going out of town so I plan to have lots of "me time" including going to church with my parents on Sunday. I hope all goes as I'm planning without too many hiccupsBigGrin

Renee, glad you're on the mend. I went to your blog, love those decorations; you have a beautiful table.

Waving hello to everyone, stay warm and have some scrappin' fun!
Cassie Offline
#2050 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 8:56:15 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All!!

Treva - Have some good 'you' time this weekend. Speaking of your DD growing up basically an only child, how is your son doing? I still remember those adorable sibling pictures you posted of them.

Renee - Happy to hear your surgery went well. I know I need to head to your blog for some idea. I don't use my dining room as a dining room but I have no furniture in my living/dining combo so I may put up 2 6ft tables and decorate that space for Thanksgiving dinner.

Kenya - Lisa and I talk or text just about everyday. I"ll put an ABP out on her so she'll pop in.

I think I may tackle an overhaul of my scraproom on Sunday/Monday. I need to purge and organize. It's horrible in there, I can barely move around. I can't function in the clutter. I really need some wall mounted cabinets.

OK, back to my grind. Have a GREAT day ALL.
 1 user thanked Cassie for this useful post.
HisGem on 11/7/2012(UTC)
HisGem Offline
#2051 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 8:59:00 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Good morning!

The elections are over and the ad take overs are complete! Being a swing state was really hard not to mention we had a few other races going on here!

Treva, yay on the "me" time! That should be so funBigGrin

Hi Momto2, good to see you and happy to read you are healing well after your procedure. I just left your blog! You have a beautiful dining room. My next house WILL have a formal dining room!

I have a question and I want honest responses please. If a person says something like, do you want to go out to eat? Isn't that an invite which means you pay? This differs from saying we should go out to eat....right? To me that mean I am responsible for my own meal. Or someone says, we have not spent time together for a while, let's get together on Saturday. Does that mean they are making the plans and hosting? This differs from: we should get together this week. To me that is left up in the air...right? When we say stuff like this, we plan to host or pay to food bill because we did the inviting. I will tell you why I asked these questions once I get your thoughts.

All right all, I am getting off here. Have a great WednesdayBigGrin
cropdropnroll Offline
#2052 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 11:44:12 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Good Afternoon and Happy “Friday-eve”!

I heard there was an A.P.B. out for me, so I thought it'd be wise to check in! LOL!!

Life has happened, as I’m sure you all know; so please pardon my extended absence. I’ve been doing my best to keep in contact with Cassie, to let someone in my craft sistahood know that I am still above ground! LOL. Football season is a beast of burden, but having to share 1 vehicle with DH, has made this season more grueling. Glare Mad Mellow

Kenya – Our anniversary was nice, it could have been better (timewise) since I had to compete with football before getting DH to myself! LOL. As I told my DM (jokingly, not really…), we took a short road trip, got a room, and I let HIM holla all he wanted!! My mom is still laughing!!

We made it through “Sandy” with little impact – thank God!! But my work load is a different storm by itself. Little bit of drama going on, but nothing to bore you all with… right now.

Netta – Sorry about the ltop screen, but totally excited that DH can fix it!!

Treva – go get your “me time”, guuuurl!!

Momto2 – Glad to hear your recovery is going well. Now, don’t over do it. Take it easy, and get your COMPLETE healing.

Cassie - Great job on the coaster, charger and glass!! Now, when do I need to place my order???? J/K LOL LOL LOL

Waving hello to all.

A couple of cards I've done lately... TFL
cropdropnroll attached the following image(s):
2012-11-05_05-28-22_522.jpg
2012-11-06_20-52-16_439.jpg
HisGem Offline
#2053 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 8:37:38 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Happy WoooHooo Friday!

This has been a long week for some reason!

Lisa, good to "see" you! I understand about life happening and LOL on letting DH holla LOL . Glad you talk to someone regularly to let us know you were OK. I was praying you and your family. Beautiful cards too BigGrin I pray you get the vehicle situation taken care of sooner than later! I have been there!

I am going to surprise DH with an over night trip to the Dells for our anniversary Wub . I think I have child care taken care of, now I just need someone who is not afraid of the dog to take him outside a couple times. This will be our first time going away without the girls. I am looking forward to it! I pray we do not have a blizzard. DH is not big on surprises so I am sure he is going to complain while I am driving...until he gets there. One year I tried to surprise him with a massage. He was all mad. Where we going? Once we arrived, he was like, "Oh, I didn't know what you were doing. I'm sorry." I asked him if he thought I was going to kill himFlapper Sneaky Wink

Anywho, I hope you all have a great weekend! Any crafty plans?
~~TP98~~ Offline
#2054 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 10:12:04 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello and Happy Monday....

Happy Veterans Day to all service personnel!

JCI to let everyone know that my yahoo email has been compromised, I changed my password and notified yahoo and I plan to delete that account within the next few days. I know this has happened before but I don't like that it happened to me. I was trying to send a message from the account to my address book contacts but I couldn't get it to go through because of what has happened.

No crafting for me this past weekend, my DD and I spend the day with my mom on Saturday and we both did as little as possible yesterday. DH came back and took us out for an ice cream treat last night; I think was feeling a little guilty being away from usBigGrin

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' week.
Cassie Offline
#2055 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:56:17 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Tuesday!

Lisa – I love the ‘I love you’ card. Really cute! You know I’m on the floor over your anniversary comment to DM.

Kenya – How nice to surprise DH with a trip to Dallas. I cracked up at the massage story and if he thought you were going to kill him. That is too funny.

Parent/Teacher conference yesterday and both kids received a GREAT report. It’s also time for DD to start thinking of her major for middle school. She wants dance but clearly I know better and drama is the way for her to go, because she is a very good writer. She also wants to be a math teacher and dance is not useful in that regard. My kids put on plays and shows ALL the time at home, so it shouldn’t be too hard to help her see that drama is the way to go.

Finished up some housewarming invites and delivered them yesterday. Other than that, no real crafting. I did take my JAs 60% off coupon + Ms 25% off total purchase, and picked up a storage container so I could organize my flowers, brads, eyelets, and buttons, by color. It took me nearly 2 hours to separate it all. Someone on the scrapbook retreat had the container for that purpose, and it blew me away. The actual storage container is for picture storage, but when I saw what she had done, I had to do it too! All I need to do now is label the boxes with the colors. That $39.99 photo storage box ended up costing around $12.

I purchased 2 cabinets from Ikea and crossing my fingers that DH assembles and installs them this week. We did decided which wall to put them on, which also means I need another cabinet, possibly 2. I’m hoping to clean, organize, and purge before Thanksgiving.

Better get started on some work. Looking forward to having next week off, although it means cleaning and prepping for Thanksgiving.

Have a GREAT day ALL!
HisGem Offline
#2056 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 7:39:16 AM(UTC)
HisGem

GOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning BigGrin

Oh mother nature is doing some very cruel things to usGlare Saturday and Sunday it was like 60 degrees. Then Monday it was 36..this morning it 25Blink It is cold!

Cassie, I am happy about your kids and their good marks! WTG! I didn't know they had to have majors in middle school...is this because they will be attending the special school for the talented?? I just need to be prepared when my time comes. I wish I was surprising DH with a trip to Dallas, but we are going to the Wisconsin Dells BigGrin I took advantage of the 60% off coupon and the 25% off at Jo's too. I found a few spellbinder dies on clearance as well as a few EK Success punches for $5! WOOOHOO. I also took advantage of the free meal at Apple bee's for veterans this year. I was going to go to the golden corral, but it was too cold and I didn't feel like the drive.

Treva, so sorry about your email issues Mad Why does people do that? I will never understand the mentality! Happy your DH made it home safely!

Shout out to Netta, Lisa, Kim, Dot, Renee, and to all of the sistahs!

Stay warm if it is cold where you are! Have a wonderful day~
Cassie Offline
#2057 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:00:42 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Hump Day!!

Kenya - I am LMBO as I went back and reread your post. Where on earth did I get Dallas from? LOL!!! They only have majors because they are at a Performing Arts academy. DS (in 3rd grade) already knows he is selecting drama as his major. This child of mine can put on a show and does it ALL the time. He needs to be discovered. LOL!!!

We are having our Thanksgiving luncheon at work today, which means I"ll be busy from 8a - 2p. That's a long day to be constantly moving. LOL!

Have a GREAT day ALL!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2058 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:11:45 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Hello and Happy Hump Day!

Sadly, nothing crafty went on in my world on Veteran's Day. I think we were all churched out from our mini-revival last week. Most nights/mornings (Thurs. - Sat), we didn't get home until after 1 am!! But God was movin'...believe that!! DD's cheer squad took home the 2nd place trophy at competition on Sunday! We're so proud of all 22 girls!! Now that the football/cheer season is winding down, I pray I can take my craft time up a notch! LOL. I will be out on ST disability Dec 21-Jan ??, so I'm hoping to get real, real, real, acquainted with my craft space!!Love Love Drool Love

Cassie - Thanks for the card love. I had fun making that one - I actually used Fancy Frames for the first time. Sadly, I didn't take advantage of the coupons... I think I was too pooped!RollEyes Good luck with your Thanksgiving Dinner. If you need any help, just holla at your sistah!

Kenya - Thanks for the card love here and on my blog! I promise you, my mom still chuckles at the thought of my comment about DH! I think what tickled her the most was that she mentioned it being nice to get away and not have to worry about the kids - that we could make "a little noise...". Well, I could not let the opp go by without some smart comment, and so, ... (insert my comment here) - and I think it surprised her. Laugh

Waving hello to all!!

Peace & Blessings

Edited by user Wednesday, November 14, 2012 6:14:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Edited text

~~TP98~~ Offline
#2059 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:30:04 AM(UTC)
~~TP98~~

United States

Hello Wednesday....

Kenya, good luck surprising your husband and enjoy your time together.

Cassie, tell your kids to keep up the good work, how goes the dinner planning for next week? I guess I need to find out what I'm responsible for bringing.

Lisa, glad to see you and hoping you'll get some rest during your time away from work.

I was so upset about my yahoo email that I forgot to share with all that my daughter and I went to visit my parents last Saturday since DH was out of town on fraternity business. It was quite the venture since we wound up going to bingo with her (Bingo is my mom's job since she plays almost everyday) We were totally caught off guard when we walked into a smoke zone! Needless to say my mom's response was that she's used to it. Anyway we surviced but not without issues, when we got home we both just washed our clothes and showered! Other than that we had fun hanging out with mom and after bingo we did a little shopping and no neither one of us won at bingo! So there's your Wednesday funny.

Waving hello and wishing everyone a happy scrappin' day!
HisGem Offline
#2060 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:10:46 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Glare Happy Thursday!

Treva, the room is reserved BigGrin I told DH yesterday we were going to go play laser tag! This is true, so maybe he wont complain so much when we are driving for 1.5hrs. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Cassie, LOL! That makes sense! I figured your babies had to have majors because of the school...I can't wait until they make it on the big screen BigGrin

CDNR, you are too funny! Thank you for the laughs.

I hope to get some more projects done today. I realized I have not started doing any Christmas shopping nor did I start making any of the gifts...I have over committed myself I think Glare So no rest...

Waving hello to all....have a good day!
Cassie Offline
#2061 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 9:23:38 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Good Morning All & Happy Friday eve!!!! Happy day before my vacation eve!! Ok, don't mean to rub it in. I haven't taken a week long vacation since 2007.

Lisa - I know service was off the chain over at ICW! I told you, you all party til the wee hours.

Treva - Dinner plans are still in my head. I did find someone who could possibly fry my turkey for me, so we'll see. Ham is coming from the honeybaked ham store and I asked my aunt to fix my greens. Everything else is on me: mac and cheese, roasted potatoes, desserts, maybe candied yams, and one or 2 other things, we'll see. I'm just as excited to make some decorations. Think I'll make a banner. I'm also doing chargers and coasters for us to use. I spend early next week or towards the end of the weekend, getting those done.

Kenya - I am trying hard not to over-extend myself with these craft assignments. The invites I just finished; she called me yesterday to say she was changing the date to January instead of December 1. It's my BFF, so I have no problem fixing but I told her she had to try and pull the key cutouts off each invite so I can reuse them. LOL!!

Alright, round 2 of our luncheon. We always have leftovers, so it's time to put them out.

Have a GREAT day!
pumpkin918 Offline
#2062 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 11:34:08 AM(UTC)
pumpkin918

Hello everyone,

Happy week before Thanksgiving! This year has truly has gone by fast. No, I am not cooking for Thanksgiving. My aunt in VA always host dinner and everyone bring the sides.

Cassie - Good luck with you Thanksgiving plannning and meal.

Treva - Since my mom passed who use to be a smoker, whenever I smell it, the smell stays with me for awhile. Glad you and your daughter were able to spend sometime together.

Kenya - I hope you and your husband have a great trip. The key is to return with the same number people.Wink

Does anyone have any tips regarding layering heat transfer vinyl? I have made t-shirts and onesise with letters and solid shapes, but shapes with layers.

Everyone please be safe and don't spend to much money on Black Friday!

Edited by user Friday, November 16, 2012 12:55:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HisGem Offline
#2063 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 7:34:50 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Happy (I'm doing the cabbage patch) Friday!!

OMGness Pumpkin! I am so happy I wasn't drinking anything when I read your post LOL You are right though and that is the plan!
As far as the vinyl, I heat the first layer for like 5 seconds and then add the second layer and heat until both layers are set. I have not done more than two layers.

Cassie, you are cheating on the dinner preparation....j/kBigGrin Fried turkey is SOOOOO good mmmmm. Enjoy your vacation and I can't wait to see the decorations. This is the first year I made some decorations...I usually cook and let the food be the decor LOL.

Well tonight we go and pack boxes for the church's annual Thanksgiving outreach. Then tomorrow we will distribute 25 boxes to those who registered. The Milwaukee Parade is tomorrow as well....the holiday season has OFFICIALLY kicked off!! WOOOHOOOOOO I hope to get some projects done some time this weekend. I am thinking about changing the house around too...we will see..maybe for Christmas.

On another note, can dogs have OCD? I think my dog has it. He has to go through the door twice before he goes outside and once he goes, he has to smell the whole perimeter (I get that because he wants to make sure no other dog was on his turf)....then he has to turn around in circles or runs like 3 times before he goes??

OK all, have a wonderful and safe weekend!! Kenya~
cropdropnroll Offline
#2064 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 8:18:56 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Happy (Wobble wit it, wobble wit it) Friday!!

I am still on the fence about whether I'm going to do any "significant" cooking for Thanksgiving. I may just hold off, and do something right before Christmas, since I'll be still recovering from surgery over the Christmas holiday.

Pumpkin - I am sooooo glad I didn't have any oj in my mouth when I read your post to Kenya!! I could only imagine her reaction!! ROTFL...

Cassie - You know those prophets rocked the house!!! The worship was off da chain!! Tell DD and DS "auntie" said WTG with the good reports at school. I'm sure your Thanksgiving will look and taste good! Be sure to post pics of the decorations. I may have to lift some ideas for Christmas at the Taylors! LOL.

Treva - Too funny about Bingo with your mom!! Glad you and DD had a little QT, too.

Kenya - I did it again!!Blushing Laugh DH went missing the "morning after the glory"!! He wasn't answering any phones - so, I just knew the po-po were coming for me! I'm not sure what the charge would have been...XXX with intent to render unconscious?!!! LOL Love LOL When will the men ever learn not wake the sleeping "kitty"?!!!!LOL

Waving hello to all!!!

Any scrappin' plans for the weekend???

Edited by user Friday, November 16, 2012 8:21:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed the flow

pumpkin918 Offline
#2065 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2012 1:01:57 PM(UTC)
pumpkin918

Hello everyone,

Kenya - thanks for the vinyl tip. I have some leftover pieces that I will use to practice, before making the final.

CDNR - Good luck with your surgery. Honestly, this late I would pass on making Thanksgiving dinner. You know that Murphy's law will prevail and any and everything would go wrong.

Cassie - Have fun making your decorations.

This time of year always sucks me in with the Christmas ribbon, paper, and other crafts. So far this year has not failed. I get excited about making stuff and then life and me get in the way. I DO NOT need to buy anymore ribbon or Christmas paper, but everytime I am in the store it is like a magnet and pulls me over to that section.

Everyone have a relaxing and fun weekend!
HisGem Offline
#2066 Posted : Monday, November 19, 2012 10:55:59 AM(UTC)
HisGem

Happy Monday!!

LISA!!!! OMGness I literally LOL to the point a tear rolled down my cheek! Girl you need to be on some body's stage!LOL I say make a little something for Thanksgiving....and then chill for Christmas and recoverBigGrin

Pumpkin, how did your project turn out?

I officially started my Christmas shopping this weekend. I was trying to think of a way to top my cruel joke on my girls that I did last yearSneaky . I don't think I canCrying I guess I will have to be nice this year.

Waving hello to everyone!

I guess I better get moving! WOOOHOO for Thanksgiving!
pumpkin918 Offline
#2067 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 6:15:43 AM(UTC)
pumpkin918

Good morning everyone,

I hope everybody is getting excited about Thanksgiving. I love eating turkey, ham, stuffing, greens, oh my. I am looking forward to the family fellowship and some down time. After tomorrow I am not back in the office until next Tuesday.

Kenya - I have not tried the layering of the heat transfer yet. I decided to wait until the weekend after Thanksgiving when I get devote more time.

Everyone have a fun and safe Thanksgiving!
cropdropnroll Offline
#2068 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:23:34 AM(UTC)
cropdropnroll

Hello and Happy Tuesday!

I'm sure everyone is working to get those final preparations done for Thanksgiving! I may have to back off of cooking, as the finances are not lining up with me doing any "significant" anything!! Crying I bought a few items last night, but I'm not sure how much more shopping I'm willing to do.

Pumpkin - We just finished a t-shirt that had an image that required about 3 layers (smaller pieces); and the application was the same as with 2 layers (per Kenya's directions). Once all the layers were down, we applied just a little heat, using a teflon sheet. See below for the end result (on a black shirt).

Waving hello to all. Wishing all the travelers - traveling mercy!

Hugs... & Happy Holiday!

cropdropnroll attached the following image(s):
IMG951130.jpg
HisGem Offline
#2069 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:23:59 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Hey hey Tuesday!!

Pumpkin, enjoy your vacation! I hope you get a lot of rest and crafting! Enjoy your meal...

Lisa, I am so sorry about your dinner not going according to plan..groceries are so expensive. Even with coupons. We have a 10 coupon limit hereGlare at certain stores. How can we save with stipulations like that?

Have a good day all!

If you are cooking turkey, don't forget to take it out of the freezer to thaw Flapper
CraftyNetta Offline
#2070 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 10:27:13 AM(UTC)
CraftyNetta

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Hello ladies, Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Shopping for Black Friday.

I hope everyone is nice and full and enjoying left over. I have been fighting off my second cold since October, ..This change in climate really takes a toll on me. I didn't cook much at home, my aunt was hosting dinner.
I did a little shopping online not sure if I want to be in the crowd sick, my patience are really low, I rather spend my bail money..lol

Lisa-gurl, make me go into a coughing spell laughing at you putting your hubby down..lol Love the t-shirt

Kenya-10 coupon maxThumbDown the stores should not have restrictions like that. Too funny about your dog,,you find any good deals out there

Pumpkin-I layer my vinyl in a similar manner. I have the heatpress, and apply heat 5 seconds in between layers. Also depending on the cuts, I will peel my vinyl and add the layers together before heating, but it really depends on the cut. Enjoy your vacation

Cassie- I love your place settings, awesome job. I hope your dinner went well and you are resting today

Hey Treva- sounds like you had a great time minus the smoke with your mom and daughter.

Waving hi to all the sistas

I am going to relax for the rest of the day until work tonight.

Have a good day.
~~Netta~~