Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

suzkis10f3197f Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2012 12:55:37 AM(UTC)
suzkis10f3197f

Groups: Registered

I have been trying to get Cricut Craft Room to work on my computer for a while now. I can't get past the initializing screen. I get an error message that tells me that "ccrbridge.exe" has stopped working and I can't seem to get past that. I sent an email to Cricut Support and they replied saying it has something to do with my anti-virus software. Can someone help me???
CricutGena Online
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 8:08:00 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 950 time(s) in 297 post(s)
Suzkis10f3197f, The CCRBridge.exe error is an error caused by your antivirus not allowing the CCRBridge program to work. Here are the programs you will need to add to your exceptions in your antivirus program:

• Cricut Design Studio (only needed if using CDS)
• Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
• CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder)

Once these programs are added the error will not occur.
-PCGena
suzkis10f3197f Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 12:19:31 PM(UTC)
suzkis10f3197f

Thank you so much for helping me!! I have added all the exceptions except for Cricut Sync because I can't seem to find that file!! Any suggestions??
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 2:43:57 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 4428 post(s)
Originally Posted by: suzkis10f3197f Go to Quoted Post
Thank you so much for helping me!! I have added all the exceptions except for Cricut Sync because I can't seem to find that file!! Any suggestions??

Not trying to run over PCGena....but, I thought maybe she signed off for the weekend.....you can find Cricut Sync on the Home Page of cricut.com. Be sure to have your machine hooked up to your hard drive and the machine turned on after you do hook it up, before you go into CRYCUT SYNC.

Char

EDITED: I also saw Cricut Sync in the top menus (in CCR) the other day; so, I would assume you should use that Sync.

Char

Edited by user Monday, October 08, 2012 6:40:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MicheleSteggeman Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 7:49:10 AM(UTC)
MicheleSteggeman

I added all these files to my exclusions list for my anti-virus program. BUT, I
still get the CCRbridge error.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
curious george II Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 6:01:44 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Which virus protection do you have?

Curious II
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 6:41:36 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I EDITED Post #4 and added information about CRICUT SYNC. I was afraid you might not look at the previous posts if you come back.

Char
kimyoung3438746c1c2 Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 11:23:59 AM(UTC)
kimyoung3438746c1c2

I have norton and I am having the same issues. I cannot get out of the scrolling page and i cannot sync... Mad
Cricut Tanja Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 12:31:47 PM(UTC)
Cricut Tanja

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kimyoung3438746c1c2 Go to Quoted Post
I have norton and I am having the same issues. I cannot get out of the scrolling page and i cannot sync... Mad

Kim, you will need to manage the excpetions in both your firewall and antivirus programs by adding the ccrbridge.exe and the cricutsync.exe By clicking on computer from your windows start menu - then c drive - program files or program files .x86 - Cricut Sync - then ad the ccrbridge.exe and the cricutsync.exe

I hope this helps

Cricut Tanja
MyPinkJourney Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:11:50 PM(UTC)
MyPinkJourney

I was having the same problem - this is what I had to do in order to fix it. It worked for me:

I am receiving errors when installing the Cricut Craft Room® design software.
If you receive an error during the installation process, please try these steps:

1. Remove any previous version of Cricut Craft Room from your computer.

Windows® - Uninstall both Cricut Craft Room and Adobe® Air® using the Control Panel. After the uninstall wizard completes, check the Program Files on your computer's C drive. If a folder named Cricut-Craft Room appears, delete it.

Mac® - Drag the Cricut Craft Room icon and Adobe Air icon from Applications to the trash bin.

2. Make sure you are logged in to your computer as an Administrator.

3. Reinstall Cricut Craft Room from www.cricut.com/craftroom.

4. If your antivirus, firewall, or other security program asks you to allow Cricut Craft Room or the CCRbridge to run, select Allow.
Kris Dietz Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:11:54 PM(UTC)
Kris Dietz

United States

Was thanked: 261 time(s) in 227 post(s)
I'm sorry to ask this. I have Norton too. I see the instructions above but am not computer literate at all. How do you add ccrbridge.exe and cricutsync.exe? Sorry if this is a really easy thing to do, just not used to doing the computer stuff myself. Thank you for your help.

Kris
MyPinkJourney Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 1:14:02 PM(UTC)
MyPinkJourney

I didn't need to add those. I uninstalled Cricut Craft Room & started from scratch.
Judy Ashmore Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:27:06 PM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 37 post(s)
CCR is the pits. If they are doing things to the program, there should be a way to let everyone know.
This is so frustrating. I cut one thing then get an "error" bug thing on my screen.
Will not cut anything else.
Anyone else having problems today?

Of course it is on SAT when PC is probably closed.

UGGGGG
#14 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:45:10 PM(UTC)
kimyoung3438746c1c2

Originally Posted by: Cricut Tanja Go to Quoted Post
Kim, you will need to manage the excpetions in both your firewall and antivirus programs by adding the ccrbridge.exe and the cricutsync.exe By clicking on computer from your windows start menu - then c drive - program files or program files .x86 - Cricut Sync - then ad the ccrbridge.exe and the cricutsync.exe

I hope this helps

Cricut Tanja

I tried what you suggested- still no luck. The Sync wont work and I still have the scrolling C... Crying It's so exciting getting a new toy, but it stinks when it feels like its broken.
jmundle66a5746c75 Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:31:59 AM(UTC)
jmundle66a5746c75

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
If you are running Norton as you antivirus you need to add the entire Craft-room directory and the entire Cricut Sync directory to the exclusion list. If you are not very computer savvy contact NortonCaseManager@symantec.com. in the subject line add the name Mohan Kumar. The number to call is 1-800-745-6061
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:06:51 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Kris Dietz Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry to ask this. I have Norton too. I see the instructions above but am not computer literate at all. How do you add ccrbridge.exe and cricutsync.exe? Sorry if this is a really easy thing to do, just not used to doing the computer stuff myself. Thank you for your help.

Kris

I have Norton. I have never had to add these things to my computer for CCR to work. So, I don't understand why others have to do this.

Char
#17 Posted : Friday, October 19, 2012 10:00:38 PM(UTC)
kimyoung3438746c1c2

Originally Posted by: jmundle66a5746c75 Go to Quoted Post
If you are running Norton as you antivirus you need to add the entire Craft-room directory and the entire Cricut Sync directory to the exclusion list. If you are not very computer savvy contact NortonCaseManager@symantec.com. in the subject line add the name Mohan Kumar. The number to call is 1-800-745-6061

I have run out of things to click on to add. I have added the drivers, the programs themselves, and the checked the supporting files... :(
CricutGena Online
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 8:34:32 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Originally Posted by: kimyoung3438746c1c2 Go to Quoted Post
I have run out of things to click on to add. I have added the drivers, the programs themselves, and the checked the supporting files... :(

Kim, If you are still experiancing the Bridge error and have called Norton directly to have the exceptions added to the Norton antivirus program please call our customer service at 877-7cricut. We are available 7-6 MST Monday through Friday. We would love to help you!
-PCGena
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:07:12 AM(UTC)
kimyoung3438746c1c2

Originally Posted by: PCGena Go to Quoted Post
Kim, If you are still experiancing the Bridge error and have called Norton directly to have the exceptions added to the Norton antivirus program please call our customer service at 877-7cricut. We are available 7-6 MST Monday through Friday. We would love to help you!
-PCGena

Thanks- Those are the times that I work too...
I emailed norton and am waiting for a reply. I may be able to call both on Monday.
CindyRichmond2 Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 3:07:26 PM(UTC)
CindyRichmond2

I have (had) CCR on my computer, but only today was I experiencing issues (errors) in not opening the file. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall, and to no avail; I can't install it. The download says to contact the author.

I use AVG for anti-virus.
CricutGena Online
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 7:34:14 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Originally Posted by: CindyRichmond2 Go to Quoted Post
I have (had) CCR on my computer, but only today was I experiencing issues (errors) in not opening the file. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall, and to no avail; I can't install it. The download says to contact the author.

I use AVG for anti-virus.

Cindy, We would love to help you. Our customer service phone number is 877-7cricut. We are available 7-6 MST Monday through Friday. I would try adding Cricut Craft Room and the CCRbridge.exe programs to your exceptions in AVG. Also, make sure you update your Adobe Air program when prompted. I hope that this helps!
-PCGena
bethcarlton34726969 Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:49:38 PM(UTC)
bethcarlton34726969

I have had nothing but trouble trying to work in the Cricut Craft Room. More than half the time I cannot get beyond the "initializing" screen. I have never been able to cut from the free patterns in the Craft Room. I am beyond frustrated and just want to scream. I've unloaded and reloaded the program several times. I've looked on Google and YouTube for help. I think I'm just going to give up and ditch the whole thing which will mean buying more cartridges for things that are free in the Craft Room. Anybody got any answers or ideas?

I have no idea how to cut off my firewall or any of that other stuff people are taking about. I not really comfortable doing that anyway. Wouldn't my computer be subject to attack if I did.

I'm not stupid and am pretty computer literate but this is beyond my capabilities.

Beth Carlton
Narelle Online
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 2:13:30 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 3530 post(s)
Beth, you won't be turning off your virus protection. You'll just be telling it to allow CCR through.

Which anti-virus program are you using?

And which version of Windows are you using? Window 8, 7 or an earlier version....
CricketCMV Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:43:50 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

What Narelle is saying is you won't be turning off your virus protection indefinitely. You'll only turn it off for a few minutes while you allow CCR to be set up on your computer. After that, you turn your antivirus protection back ON and it should then recognize that you have installed the software on your machine and will allow it....and/or you might have to do some other things (Narelle and our CricutLadies have instructions in other topics on here).

Char
Narelle Online
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 8:42:03 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 3530 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
What Narelle is saying is you won't be turning off your virus protection indefinitely. You'll only turn it off for a few minutes while you allow CCR to be set up on your computer. After that, you turn your antivirus protection back ON and it should then recognize that you have installed the software on your machine and will allow it....and/or you might have to do some other things (Narelle and our CricutLadies have instructions in other topics on here).

Char

No, actually... I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is that she won't be turning off her virus protection, period!
CricketCMV Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:03:09 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Sorry to make it confusing to the OP, Narelle. You're right. You're not telling her to turn it off.....nevertheless, someone has given her the idea she needs to do that. AND, I have seen where others have been told they need to turn off their antivirus protection for some reason or other on other posts and maybe that's for another reason.

If it does get turned off.....it should get turned back on. So, I did want her to know that.

Sorry, again and I'm glad you came back to clarify for the OP.

Cahr

Edited by user Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:06:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified