Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

clearylewis8b42675d Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:55:47 AM(UTC)
clearylewis8b42675d

Groups: Registered

Just got my Cricut Expressions 2 and already am trying to tackle a huge project--a destination wedding invitation. In the project center, I only saw shower invitation examples. Anyone have any ideas/examples?
lovegrillin57b683f6 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 8:50:42 PM(UTC)
lovegrillin57b683f6

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I feel your pain. I have the original cricut but had never really used it until 2 months ago due to marriage ending. It sat in the box. But 2 months ago I dragged it out and made my very first cards for my daughter's baby shower invitations. I had so much fun. I would suggest you use the Wedding cartridge and/or the Formal Occasssions cartridge. You may also want to use the Destinations cartridge. Don't limit yourself to one design. Our guest loved the fact that each one was different in some way. The biggie is deciding what the invites will say. Then change up the design on the outside, and get creative adding images for the inside as well. Research sayings online...or buy a CD with card sayings on it. I've already decided to make my own xmas cards this year. Remember, have fun...!
daisygirl Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 11:38:41 AM(UTC)
daisygirl

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 37 post(s)
oh how fun!! I also had a destination wedding and loved making up my invitations/magnets. I didn't do this for my wedding, but, how about a wedding invite that looks like a plane ticket. You could put it in a matchbox envelope to hold all the info of the ticket inside. Someone I ran into at the craftstore was asking my opinion on the same idea. I LOVED IT and thought it was soo unique to do!! I was also thinking do a fake Passport for the invitation. Very different ideas that I would LOVE to make.. Just a thought... I included some websites that have good ideas for this type of invitation. I also googled ticket wedding invitations and a TON of ideas came up from passports, tickets, carnival tickets, movie tickets..etc... Just some create things you can make and use your cricut with.

www.papercrave.com
www.make-your-own-invitations.com
www.passportinvitations.110mb.com
swatts66 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 12:01:35 PM(UTC)
swatts66

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1049 time(s) in 575 post(s)
I recently got a wedding invitation for a destination wedding in Costa Rica that was the passport with the plane ticket, etc. It was quite unique.