Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BrendaWhitt1 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 23, 2011 6:01:25 PM(UTC)
BrendaWhitt1

Groups: Registered

Help! I tried to update my firmware and got errors in the process. Now my Cricut will not stay powered up and I cannot do anything with it. I have tried resetting, but did not work. It was working fine before I did the Firmware update. I need help, please!

Edited by user Sunday, October 23, 2011 6:03:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

AlisaCox Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 10:06:26 AM(UTC)
AlisaCox

I had the same problem, download the Design Studio free trial do the power and stop button and update thru that. It worked for my.
alicehollis1 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 24, 2011 4:55:33 PM(UTC)
alicehollis1

My E started doing this 2 months ago, it powers of while cutting. I just keep turning it back on and then it will cut fine. I tried the reset and it worked for a short time. I have had it for 3 years.
Delia Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:52:31 AM(UTC)
Delia

Australia

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BrendaWhitt1 Go to Quoted Post
Help! I tried to update my firmware and got errors in the process. Now my Cricut will not stay powered up and I cannot do anything with it. I have tried resetting, but did not work. It was working fine before I did the Firmware update. I need help, please!

It happens to me everytime I update thru craftroom....I update thru gypsy or design studio..
BrendaWhitt1 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:31:00 PM(UTC)
BrendaWhitt1

I updated with Design Studio and it fixed the problem. Now I am happy once again! BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:31:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

melrosebelleacre7f9914de Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 6:52:47 AM(UTC)
melrosebelleacre7f9914de

I have spent countless hours trying to update my cricut expression 2, and I am about ready to junk it, and sell the cartridges to fund a silhouette or similar device. I attempted to update, I have disabled my firewall and antivirus to no avail. During the update, my cricut NEVER restarts as it says it will. Sits idle on "cricut will restart itself". Time is money, and so far, just the amount of time that I have spent trying to update, and the missed opportunities have cost me a bundle of money. Selling my E2, my gypsy and all 10 cartridges to the highest bidder.
melrosebelleacre7f9914de Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, May 28, 2012 9:16:13 AM(UTC)
melrosebelleacre7f9914de

I have also attempted to update firmware, and can only start the E2 in recovery mode. It started the update, then started installing update and says "Do not turn off device" I am guessing since recovery start is a blue screen, it says "installing firmware:bad image" I am going to see if i just let it be, if it will continue to update. Any suggestions appreciated
redlady Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 10, 2012 10:19:27 AM(UTC)
redlady

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
My Cricut Expression is toast! It won't turn on or even make any noise or lights don't come on. I own over 70 cartridges and think that Provo Craft is very inconsiderate to not have a repair service or even suggestions for repair. And the one year warranty is a joke! So if your machine is older than one year, it's useless if something goes wrong with it. If I had known this, I probably would have looked at other die cutting machines.
jibblueeyes54a7782f Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:39:04 AM(UTC)
jibblueeyes54a7782f

I agree completely...wonder what they'd do if we all decided to twitter and post to FB to tell people NOT TO BUY Provocraft machines??? In other words, BOYCOT PROVOCRAFT!!!! Spread the word!!!