Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nicolebingamand6e2f41b Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 9:25:22 AM(UTC)
nicolebingamand6e2f41b

Groups: Registered

I have had my Cricut Expression replaced by Provo Craft twice already. Today I am working on a fairly large project and my cuts are a mess. I have already changed mats and blades, and adjusted all the settings over and over again. When cutting a simple shape it just eats the paper on one cut and barely touches the paper on the next.

Has anyone else every had issues over and over again with their machine? My other two machines were replaced after issues with the motor/black box that pushes the blade across the paper. I'm getting extremely frustrated with this product and I am hesitant to upgrade to the Expression 2 because I feel like the original design should in theory be in good working order.

Bugsy Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 9:30:09 AM(UTC)
Bugsy

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I bought my Expression back in 2008? 2009? I can't remember when. I've never had a problem with it. I got an Expression 2 on Friday, have played with it a little bit, but so far it works like a dream.

I'm sorry that you are having trouble, though.
TammyPuckett Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 9:41:45 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 319 time(s) in 181 post(s)
Never had a problem with my Expression! Sold it for an Imagine & boy was that a mistake!
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 10:01:02 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18411 time(s) in 8182 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nicolebingamand6e2f41b Go to Quoted Post
I have had my Cricut Expression replaced by Provo Craft twice already. Today I am working on a fairly large project and my cuts are a mess. I have already changed mats and blades, and adjusted all the settings over and over again. When cutting a simple shape it just eats the paper on one cut and barely touches the paper on the next.

Has anyone else every had issues over and over again with their machine? My other two machines were replaced after issues with the motor/black box that pushes the blade across the paper. I'm getting extremely frustrated with this product and I am hesitant to upgrade to the Expression 2 because I feel like the original design should in theory be in good working order.

So sorry you are having such problems! I too have had my E since 2008 and have never had a problem. Can you take a screenshot of what is happening and maybe someone will have some suggestions?

nicolebingamand6e2f41b Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2012 10:09:15 AM(UTC)
nicolebingamand6e2f41b

Can't upload a pic right now. Best way I can describe it is anytime it makes a turn that is not a perfect circle, the cut is VERY jagged and paper is chewed up. Then the next image it cuts it barely scratches the paper enough for you to see the image, but it's not cutting thru at all. Then the next cut will be half chewed half scratched...