Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kerippi Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 7:40:09 AM(UTC)
kerippi

Groups: Registered

I just bought my Expression 2 6 days ago and have had nothing but problems. At 1st I couldn't install the drivers, after finally getting it to install it keeps popping up with the found new hardware. It keeps disconnecting & reconnecting from my computer & now the CCR keeps crashing!

What am I supposed to do?!? I am beyond frustrated! I want to return the machine it's been nothing but frustration!

Anyone else having these issues?

Keri Ann Crying
CricketCMV Online
#2 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 2:33:23 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
Did you turn off your computer and restart it after you did your installs? That's what I would start with; if you have, let us know. Maybe someone else can offer some help to you.

Char
kerippi Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 5:04:01 PM(UTC)
kerippi

I've rebooted, uninstalled/re-installed multiple times. On top of this problem it's not cutting the paper just leaves an outline

Crying
Narelle Online
#4 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 6:04:33 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7568 time(s) in 3532 post(s)
Have you downloaded and installed the latest version of Cricut Sync and updated your E2?
ladeebug Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, June 04, 2012 10:10:50 PM(UTC)
ladeebug

Hi Keri Ann,
I had similar problems with the CCR. I browsed the Cricut Community and many suggested the Cricut Sync (See link in Narelle's response above). The Cricut Sync will get you the latest firmware version. It took a while to download -- actually it took me a few tries, but ultimately got the latest and is now working.

The outlining-instead-of-cutting problem might just be your blade depth adjustment. Play around with that - maybe set it on "heavy paper" instead of "light paper," which came as default (on mine).

Hope this helps!

kerippi Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 8:54:24 AM(UTC)
kerippi

I did do the update with sync, that was a problem in itself :P Tried multiple settings for the blade, went up to the highest on everything and still the same... Am waiting on a replacement blade and housing if that doesn't work I am taking it back to JoAnns and doing an exchange...

Bored

CricketCMV Online
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 1:33:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kerippi Go to Quoted Post
I did do the update with sync, that was a problem in itself :P Tried multiple settings for the blade, went up to the highest on everything and still the same... Am waiting on a replacement blade and housing if that doesn't work I am taking it back to JoAnns and doing an exchange...

Bored

Sorry you're having such a hassle; hope you've got it resolved by now. Come back and let us know what's going on and if you were able to get it to work.

Char
scrapalette Online
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 05, 2012 1:59:56 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18403 time(s) in 8177 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kerippi Go to Quoted Post

Bored

Sounds like the blade housing unit is installed too high.

If the blade housing unit is installed too high, the blade will not reach the paper to cut. If it is installed too low, the blade will dig into the paper/mat causing rips and tears.
lidjen Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, June 08, 2012 1:07:41 AM(UTC)
lidjen

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I had all those problems too well with the disconnecting from the CCR that was fixed by getting a new usb cable which pc send out but then my machine will not cut thru so I send it back to HSN were I got mine then the 2nd one started smelling like burning so I got another replacement and that one made really loud noises and stop cutting thru the paper so finally I called PC and they replaced it for me and so far so good no problems yet but I was about to just give up I was doing my sons birthday party which took me longer in waiting for replacements lol and on the sync it wont let me do it they told me thats because I have the 1000 and they are working on it im new to Cricut so it was so frustrating to me I hope this 4th machine works good this time Mellow
kandi1973286023e5 Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 21, 2012 9:10:48 AM(UTC)
kandi1973286023e5

I am having the same connect/disconnect problem. It does need a firmware update, but when it won't stay connected, it is nearly impossible to update.Cool
sara.tanskif85a96b2 Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 11:08:30 PM(UTC)
sara.tanskif85a96b2

I spent WAY too much time over the last couple of days researching, downloading, cussing, installing, etc., etc., over this issue. Scared Scared Cursing Cursing I've had similar problems with my E2 not staying connected to CCR or Sync. It was recognized, but wouldn't "connect" and a couple times I got an error about the USB. It was really weird because I had been using for several days without ANY problems.

kandi1973286023e5---not sure if you have resolved it yet, but I think i found a solution that seems to be working for me....

I took an extra printer cable we had (the ends look the same as the one that was sent with the E2) and used it to connect E2 to my laptop.......VOILA!!!! It has stayed connected and I was able to Sync and update.

I'll post again if it happens again... Hope this helps!
marybenkufsky4c9eb6c3 Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:50:47 PM(UTC)
marybenkufsky4c9eb6c3

I am having the same issue. The computer the EX2 won't stay connected. Spent a whole day working on uninstalling and re installing and nothing. We have switched out the USB cords, we have updated all the firmware, and we also made sure the drivers are correct.

Still when we go to use the craft room, crash.. nothing.
Narelle Online
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:22:21 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7568 time(s) in 3532 post(s)
Originally Posted by: marybenkufsky4c9eb6c3 Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same issue. The computer the EX2 won't stay connected. Spent a whole day working on uninstalling and re installing and nothing. We have switched out the USB cords, we have updated all the firmware, and we also made sure the drivers are correct.

Still when we go to use the craft room, crash.. nothing.

Have you tried a new USB cable?
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 10:20:50 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 118 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I had the same problem and customer service told me I had to tell my firewall and antivirus software to allow all the cricut softwares to work on my computer. I still have to call them back so they can walk me through the antivirus software. apparently there is only one person that knows anything about the antivirus software I am using.

Good luck and happy creating
Dori
jeanaileth4f185d9d Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 10:07:58 AM(UTC)
jeanaileth4f185d9d

I have the same problem. I think Im going to try to get a new cable :(. I'm frustrated! I'm new to cricut and just bought the machine weeks ago.
jeanaileth4f185d9d Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:57:36 PM(UTC)
jeanaileth4f185d9d

Angry I called the customer Service today to solve my problem on why my Cricut Exp2 disconnects from my computer/CCR, It doesn't cut anything! So After the troubleshooting and all. It came to the end of conversation and the customer service told me. I'm sorry but the problem is your internet connection. I couldn't believe what I just heard! I have Verizon Vios internet provider and paying the highest speed it offers, and you're telling me it's my connection? I didn't say that, but In my mind WTH?

She said there is no guarantee that cricut will work in CCR. Unfortunately we cannot refund you for the purchase. You can sell it if you want. WTF!