Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

proudjhawker24a48805 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 8:55:13 AM(UTC)
proudjhawker24a48805

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ok so .. I bought the baby boutique Digital cartridge and made me a project in CCR and when it goes to the Imagine, It leaves this wide border around the design.. I have the Nursery Tails physical cartridge.. and Get the same thing in CCR and the borders printing. When I design directly from the Imagine I dont get the border. I've tried Advanced Calibration and it doesn't help this issue. I'm a little frustrated since I bought a few digital cartridges. - Is there some way to make these borders not print? I've set the border preference on the imagine but it doesn't matter when using CCR. Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm considering a Gypsy if this will solve the issue or even the design studio..

Thanks
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 7:53:09 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
Sorry, I don't have an IMAGINE, but since noone has come to say anything, thought I might suggest something.

It seems I've heard others say there's a setting in CCR (EDITED: No, not in CCR, as Narelle points out in her post, below. The settings are on the IMAGINE, itself!) that you can set to "0" for your borders. So, can you go to the COLORS AND PATTERNS menu when you're in CCR and working with your IMAGINE and see any BORDERS tab there to change to "0"? Then, I think if you designate borders off your cartridges, you will get the border you want and NOT the border your system automatically gives the image.

Again, I don't own an IMAGINE, so I'm kind of "shootin' from the hip" here!! LOL.

Char

Edited by user Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:48:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#3 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:53:59 AM(UTC)
proudjhawker24a48805

United States

thank you for the input!!! it is much appreciated!! BigGrin
 1 user thanked proudjhawker24a48805 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/23/2012(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:26:05 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7569 time(s) in 3533 post(s)
Originally Posted by: proudjhawker24a48805 Go to Quoted Post
Ok so .. I bought the baby boutique Digital cartridge and made me a project in CCR and when it goes to the Imagine, It leaves this wide border around the design.. I have the Nursery Tails physical cartridge.. and Get the same thing in CCR and the borders printing. When I design directly from the Imagine I dont get the border. I've tried Advanced Calibration and it doesn't help this issue. I'm a little frustrated since I bought a few digital cartridges. - Is there some way to make these borders not print? I've set the border preference on the imagine but it doesn't matter when using CCR. Any thoughts/suggestions? I'm considering a Gypsy if this will solve the issue or even the design studio..

Thanks

Is this happening with any other cart that you're using on CCR? I don't have either of those digital carts so can't test them out for you.

Are you cutting and printing?

Unfortunately there's no way (currently) to change the thickness of the border within CCR but it's definitely worth sending that request into PC by using the Feedback option in CCR. (It's definitely on my wishlist..)

Design Studio isn't compatible with the Imagine, but trying it on your Gypsy is a great idea!

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Kigz on 2/23/2012(UTC), proudjhawker24a48805 on 2/24/2012(UTC)
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:23:39 AM(UTC)
proudjhawker24a48805

United States

Narelle - Thanks for the input.. I sent a feedback to PC about the issue.. It happens on my Cindy LOO as well when im using CCR but when I just use the cart in the imagine it works fine. So .. I absolutely would love to be able to use my digital carts soon! I dont have a gypsy yet but I'm strongly leaning toward getting one.

Thanks for your Input !

PS I dont know how to "thank" someone on here or I would thank everyone for their input!
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:07:55 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
Narelle - Thanks for the input.. I sent a feedback to PC about the issue.. It happens on my Cindy LOO as well when im using CCR but when I just use the cart in the imagine it works fine. So .. I absolutely would love to be able to use my digital carts soon! I dont have a gypsy yet but I'm strongly leaning toward getting one.

Thanks for your Input !

PS I dont know how to "thank" someone on here or I would thank everyone for their input!

To "thank" posters, all you have to do (when you read a post you like.....or, as I do, many times I use the "thank" button to show someone who has commented on a post I made that I SAW THEIR additional post to my comment, but I have nothing further that needs to be said by me), go to the top right side of the post you want to say "thank you" to and hit the "thank you" button. I AM ONLY ASSUMING WE ALL HAVE THOSE BUTTONS AT THE TOP OF ALL THE POSTS WITHIN A THREAD.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
proudjhawker24a48805 on 2/24/2012(UTC)
denubug Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:30:03 PM(UTC)
denubug

Canada

Was thanked: 434 time(s) in 346 post(s)

Thanks

If you are talking about the border directly around the image to be cut...put on calibration/setting "0". If you are talking about doing borders......I have noticed that-when using gypsy(with I app) or directly with the Imagine...the border sizes is the height....so if you put in an inch...you'll end up with an inch thick border but possibly 4-8 inch length/width....on the Imagine-If you put 6 inch while using the I, ...you'll get a grayed area on the mat and it will not print nor cut...the mat will just pull in and go through.It will not say "characters too big "like with the E. I love my g for that....so I can tell how long the border will end up.... I have not tried CCR but I am pretty sure it is the same. Here's an old tip-open your handbook, any object you want,put it on the mat.. the size of the "height" of the image will be the size.I think there's you tube you can check out....sorry I cannot find it right now but it applies to all cart'images/fonts. "I cannot wait when we can weld on the g.Blushing

Edited by user Thursday, February 23, 2012 12:32:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked denubug for this useful post.
Narelle Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:30:11 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Thanks for your Input !

I have Cindy Loo so I'll see if the same happens to me. Can you tell me what you are doing with the shapes first. Are you flood filling them with a color/pattern. And are you printing and cutting or just printing?
Delia Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:26:21 PM(UTC)
Delia

Australia

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I have Cindy Loo so I'll see if the same happens to me. Can you tell me what you are doing with the shapes first. Are you flood filling them with a color/pattern. And are you printing and cutting or just printing?

Narelle

I used Buccaneer on CCR and it has a huge black border around it. It's so ugly..

I also just did it with the imagine and it didn't have it...

Where do I find these settings to change to 0...

Thanks Delia
Narelle Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:21:59 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: Delia Go to Quoted Post
Narelle

I used Buccaneer on CCR and it has a huge black border around it. It's so ugly..

I also just did it with the imagine and it didn't have it...

Where do I find these settings to change to 0...

Thanks Delia

Buccaneer is another one I don't have. Cool

The settings are on the Imagine itself (and are ignored when using CCR). Once you have your image showing on the Imagine screen, press the Settings button. You'll see the Border Preferences on the next window that appears.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Delia on 2/24/2012(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:29:13 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post

So it looks like Cindy Loo is in the bag of stuff I forgot to load in the car last time I visited my mother for the weekend.

I'll keep trying other carts to see if I can get the same result. But I really need to know whether it's happening when you print and cut or just print.

And are you filling the object with a color/pattern?
#12 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 4:52:44 AM(UTC)
proudjhawker24a48805

United States

If im doing shapes, either cutting only or just cutting, only it gives a nice neat thin border and cuts it just inside the cut lines. When I use an acutal image, like in nursery tails or baby boutique Imagine carts, It comes out with the yucky border - I did the heart locket from baby boutique and it came out with an aweful border.. I did some advanced calibration of the offset I could get it to cut the left side with out a border but the right side had one.. I could never get it to be a clean cut I got a bit -- ok ALOT, frustrated!! and gave up til this weekend when I can do it all day!! I'm not going to buy anymore digital Imagine carts til I get this figured out! I'll take a pic tonight and attach it -- I cant find the 'thank you' button but I sure do thank EVERYONE!! for the input ThumpUp . Smile
Narelle Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 5:18:39 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

If im doing shapes, either cutting only or just cutting, only it gives a nice neat thin border and cuts it just inside the cut lines. When I use an acutal image, like in nursery tails or baby boutique Imagine carts, It comes out with the yucky border - I did the heart locket from baby boutique and it came out with an aweful border.. I did some advanced calibration of the offset I could get it to cut the left side with out a border but the right side had one.. I could never get it to be a clean cut I got a bit -- ok ALOT, frustrated!! and gave up til this weekend when I can do it all day!! I'm not going to buy anymore digital Imagine carts til I get this figured out! I'll take a pic tonight and attach it -- I cant find the 'thank you' button but I sure do thank EVERYONE!! for the input ThumpUp . Smile

At least I can give you help with the Thanks button! You'll find one in the top right corner of everyone's post:

LenoreSolomon Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 8:55:12 AM(UTC)
LenoreSolomon

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
It's not just the digital images, the border around images has been addressed since the begining of CCR. As everything else they are working on an update. Since the last update when using the CCR my Imagine cuts very, very, very slow, before the update it would only cut once. I did send feedback regarding the border, the light on the E2 not coming on when cutting and the slow cutting. This is not the first time I have sent feedback regarding the boarder. I should'nt have to use scissors once I've cut an image using the Imagine.
#15 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2012 9:06:47 AM(UTC)
proudjhawker24a48805

United States

Originally Posted by: LenoreSolomon Go to Quoted Post
It's not just the digital images, the border around images has been addressed since the begining of CCR. As everything else they are working on an update. Since the last update when using the CCR my Imagine cuts very, very, very slow, before the update it would only cut once. I did send feedback regarding the border, the light on the E2 not coming on when cutting and the slow cutting. This is not the first time I have sent feedback regarding the boarder. I should'nt have to use scissors once I've cut an image using the Imagine.

I was thinking the same thing about scissors the other night!!! Thats why I got the cricut! - I hope it gets fixed soon Angry -
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:43:58 PM(UTC)
proudjhawker24a48805

United States

I was thinking the same thing about scissors the other night!!! Thats why I got the cricut! - I hope it gets fixed soon Angry -

Here is the response I got back from my Feedback request which I included photos of the issue: Its kind of like they don't know how or don't care to know. -- I'll just not buy any more digital Imagine carts Glare Smile hopefully there will be a fix for CCR.

Hello,

Thank you for emailing Customer Support.

We would like to recommend that you contact our Customer Service Department where one of our representatives will be more than happy to assist you. You can reach us at: 1-877-727-4288. Our hours are Monday through Friday 7am to 6pm MST. We do apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and look forward to hearing from you soon.
Have a wonderful day!
Customer Support Email
CarolynLane Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 9:10:25 AM(UTC)
CarolynLane

This is a problem I'm having, anyone figured out how to solve this problem in CCR?? It doesn't matter if they are digital files or actual cartridges used through CCR. Any tips or help is appreciated.

Carolyn
Narelle Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 02, 2013 2:44:18 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: CarolynLane Go to Quoted Post
This is a problem I'm having, anyone figured out how to solve this problem in CCR?? It doesn't matter if they are digital files or actual cartridges used through CCR. Any tips or help is appreciated.

Carolyn

I can't remember if this problem has been fixed. Just wanted to let you know the following....... Don't update the firmware on your Imagine.

The latest firmware update (which was released with the April Cricut Sync update) will stop your Inagine from cutting in CCR.

The previous firmware update allowed you to cut most of the time, but this update has for whatever reason mucked that up!

So if Cricut Sync tells you there's a firmware update available..... Press Cancel!
MariaReyes1 on 5/2/2013(UTC)