Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
CricketCMV Offline
#91 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 10:28:14 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7599 time(s) in 4448 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kleep159cd245 Go to Quoted Post
I'm getting the same error message with Craftroom when I try to cut with my MAC. It's not the router, because the Cricut is connecting to the internet and looking for updates and the MAC does recognize the Cricut in devices. Please fix soon!!Mellow
I don't have a Comcast modem; not sure of the manufacturer but my Cable company is Cox and my router is Linksys.

kleep - Is your CCR on BUILD 109? If not, I thought the last update helped some of our MAC users. Don't take my word for it, but you might want to see if there's a little information on MERCY's Troubleshooting thread about the MAC.

Char
kleep159cd245 Offline
#92 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2011 12:31:42 AM(UTC)
kleep159cd245

Groups: Registered

I have V 1.0 Build 109. I looked all over the boards for a solution before I posted. Should I be posting this on Mercy's thread?
Kimberly207 Offline
#93 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:17:46 PM(UTC)
Kimberly207

United States

Was thanked: 1569 time(s) in 675 post(s)
Okay, I'm officially frustrated with all this! I spoke with Matt Cooper of PC (he is wonderful) again last night and he mentioned that not many people are having this problem so even though he has emailed it to Product & Development, it probably won't be addressed any time soon Confused He suggested I call Comcast and/or Apple. So, first I called Comcast and you would think I was speaking another language! So, I called Apple. The guy that answered had no interest in trying to help me whatsoever. He said he believed it was something to do with an embedded web server - whatever that is!

So, I called Comcast a second time hoping for a different person. I paid $49 to speak with someone from their Signature Support team and was on the phone with them for about three hours! What I learned is this - I do indeed have an external router. How I did not know that is beyond me but boy do I feel foolish!Blushing Blushing

So, in all that, three hours and $49 later, the guy couldn't fix it. He took over my computer, reset all the wireless connection stuff, walked through all five of the suggestions that you guys listed and couldn't get it to work. He felt that it was a defective Wifi Adapter.

So, I called PC today and spoke to Kaila and she spoke with her supervisor. They do not feel that it is the adapter because my computer can "see" the E2. She had me try and connect to all three of their servers and I was able to. But that didn't resolve anything Huh

I have no idea what else to try ... no one at PC, Comcast or Apple has any further suggestions! Everyone has given up on me Crying and I'm about ready to give up too Huh I'm frustrated, discouraged and have a terrible headache Crying

Sorry ... I don't mean to whine ... really, I don't ... but I wanted to give you all an update with where I've gotten with it all ~ which is nowhere Crying

Edited by user Tuesday, December 13, 2011 12:19:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Kimberly207 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/13/2011(UTC)
Scrappygal Offline
#94 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:29:35 PM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 52 post(s)
kimberly207, I feel your pain. I am in the same situation you are in. Apple and Verizon have no further suggestions for me either. I am ready to give up, too.
 1 user thanked Scrappygal for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 12/13/2011(UTC)
CraftingKatie Offline
#95 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:47:00 PM(UTC)
CraftingKatie

Was thanked: 1662 time(s) in 624 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrappygal Go to Quoted Post
kimberly207, I feel your pain. I am in the same situation you are in. Apple and Verizon have no further suggestions for me either. I am ready to give up, too.

Me too. Is there anybody who has been able to use it successfully with a Mac???
 1 user thanked CraftingKatie for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 12/13/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#96 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:07:30 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7599 time(s) in 4448 post(s)
I have found a similar problem out on the internet that may/may not be helpful. Can anyone make sense of this; I know they aren't talking about the same things you are all having trouble with; but, they are talking about WIRELESS with MAC and how they work?

http://www.askdavetaylor...pa_wireless_network.html

IF THIS IS THE LEAST BIT HELPFUL TO EVEN ONE OF YOU, PLEASE COME BACK AND LET US KNOW. It may provide a little insight on what's going on for all of you.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 1/8/2012(UTC)
stephpoyner01410555 Offline
#97 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:39:18 AM(UTC)
stephpoyner01410555

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi!

I'm having the same problems with my MAC and E2!
I've tried all the things suggested, but will continue to check the post for new ideas!

Stephanie
stephpoyner01410555 Offline
#98 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:44:06 AM(UTC)
stephpoyner01410555

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
P.S. My old Windows PC works just fine with the E2 on my network. So it is MAC to E2 related for sure!
 1 user thanked stephpoyner01410555 for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 1/8/2012(UTC)
Kimberly207 Offline
#99 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2011 9:25:10 PM(UTC)
Kimberly207

United States

Thank you for the idea, StephPoyner! In a last ditch attempt, I hooked my daughter's PC laptop, which has been sitting for about a year untouched ... After dusting it off, I ran all the updates, uninstalled any junk, turned off Norton and downloaded CCR.

It cut on the very first attempt! I was completely shocked and impressed! I did get the strangest message though ... Right before hitting the final cut step, it asked me if I wanted to authorize the Computer to my account and said that I had 0 out of 2 authorized computers! Is that weird or what? I think it is ... How can my mac not be authorized? I've used it to cut on my Imagine and my new Mini .. I took a pic of the message to send to support on Monday and see what they think ... I really wish they had 24/7 customer support <sigh>

Thanks again, everyone!

Has anyone else been successful cutting Mac to E2 at all ever?

Kimberly

Edited by user Friday, December 16, 2011 9:27:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#100 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 12:24:12 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7577 time(s) in 3540 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kimberly207 Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for the idea, StephPoyner! In a last ditch attempt, I hooked my daughter's PC laptop, which has been sitting for about a year untouched ... After dusting it off, I ran all the updates, uninstalled any junk, turned off Norton and downloaded CCR.

It cut on the very first attempt! I was completely shocked and impressed! I did get the strangest message though ... Right before hitting the final cut step, it asked me if I wanted to authorize the Computer to my account and said that I had 0 out of 2 authorized computers! Is that weird or what? I think it is ... How can my mac not be authorized? I've used it to cut on my Imagine and my new Mini .. I took a pic of the message to send to support on Monday and see what they think ... I really wish they had 24/7 customer support <sigh>

Thanks again, everyone!

Has anyone else been successful cutting Mac to E2 at all ever?

Kimberly

Your CCR account authorises up to two computers that you can cut from. If you try to cut from a 3rd computer you'll most likely get an error message.

You can change which computers you want authorised every 6 months I believe although if one of your computers died within the 6 months I'm sure PC would help you out.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 12/17/2011(UTC)
Kimberly207 Offline
#101 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:24:01 PM(UTC)
Kimberly207

United States

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Your CCR account authorises up to two computers that you can cut from. If you try to cut from a 3rd computer you'll most likely get an error message.

You can change which computers you want authorised every 6 months I believe although if one of your computers died within the 6 months I'm sure PC would help you out.

Hi Mercy,

I understand what you mean but wouldn't it have said that one computer was authorized since I've been using CCR to print and cut with my I and E2 on my Mac? My daughter's laptop should have been the second authorized computer but it said:

"Do you want to authorize your Cricut Account to cut/print with this computer? You have authorized 0 of 2 computers. You can reset the account authorizations on Friday, December 16, 2011."

Thanks again ... I really appreciate that someone cares Blushing I have the distinct impression that PC is not going to address my issue for a VERY long time Blushing

*hugs*
Kimberly
STW Offline
#102 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:46:03 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I think there might be some issues with E2; can't remember actually what I've read about it or when. So, you might want to call PC to ask about that or try to see a few threads on here that speaks to the E2.

BUT, if you are going to uninstall/reinstall again, I would do this:

Uninstall in Add-Remove Programs: Adobe Air AND Cricut CraftRoom

1. Go to Tools while you're on internet (top menus/delete browsing history (all of it).
2. Go to START/RUN and in RUN type in these five things to delete (all temporary files), one at a time:
%temp% (select all/delete)
prefetch (same)
temp (same)
cookies (same--if it will let you; my computer won't allow this)
cleanmgr (I check all of these unless there's one there that says backup--I think you can clean it, too, as I think it's backup of temp files)

3. Unplug the USB for your CRICUT if you have one in at this time
4. Turn off your computer and reboot; if there is an option on sutdown to RESTART, that is the same thing
5. As it starts to reboot, go ahead and plug in the USB cord for your CRICUT machine
6. REINSTALL CCR; after it downloads to your computer, be sure to wait for ADOBE AIR to pop up and install it, also.

It doesn't take that long to clean out temporary files; unless you have a lot of them. Even if you have done this real recently, do it before you reinstall CCR and Adobe Air.

Let us know how you come out; can't promise this will work for you, but it will be a good start. Good luck, STW!!

Char

Char - it worked!!!! Thank you to both you and Mercy.....I finally got to sit down at my computer for the first time in weeks to spend time going through all of the steps - and was elated that it worked - thank you so much!!