Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

monkey.diaries Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 11:02:11 PM(UTC)
monkey.diaries

Groups: Registered

I just got my Mini Cricut. Do I have to download the CCR or can I use the online version?

lovethatbug Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 6:03:25 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Originally Posted by: monkey.diaries Go to Quoted Post
I just got my Mini Cricut. Do I have to download the CCR or can I use the online version?

Hi. Congrats on your new mini! You need to download craft room in order to cut with the mini. The online version is for designing only.
Stacy
 1 user thanked lovethatbug for this useful post.
monkey.diaries on 12/6/2011(UTC)
monkey.diaries Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 11:26:46 AM(UTC)
monkey.diaries

Thanks..

I was hopping to just use the online version!

ok thanks.. Cool

-gina
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:13:57 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7597 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
Thanks..

I was hopping to just use the online version!

ok thanks.. Cool

-gina

Gina - Like lovethatbug said, you can only DESIGN/CREATE when you're on the online version. It doesn't have the CUT function. If you have at least 2GB RAM in your computer and have DSL/Broadband connection for your internet, you should be okay. What kind of computer do you have, what operating system is installed on it and what internet browser do you use?

While there are some with problems with the MINIs and their computers, we're not all having problems. A lot of us are VERY happy with our MINIs.

If you have any problems, we'll all try to help you. You won't hurt your computer or your machines; many of us were reticent to download CCR, too. Even those of us who "took the plunge" have had a few bumps along the way.

If you want to go a level up from just using the images given to us on our cartridges, you'll be happy you TRIED. You can weld images in CCR, you can mix cartridges/images in CCR on the same project, you can CREATE things you can't create just getting the straight cuts off your stand-alone machine (in fact, MINI has to work with CCR; you can't use it stand-alone--did you know that?).

If you decide to come in with the rest of us (TAKE THE PLUNGE, that is), let us know your outcome. AND, if you have a little bump along the way, we'll try to help!

Char

monkey.diaries Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 5:01:34 PM(UTC)
monkey.diaries

thanks Char.

I still plan to download the software tonight Flapper

I am not too worried about it. My computer is couple months new so I know I am good to go. Just hate downloading stuff on my computer when I can avoid it. but no problem.

can I download the software to my desktop & laptop? ...

Thanks again!!!BigGrin
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 8:35:51 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

thanks Char.

I still plan to download the software tonight Flapper

I am not too worried about it. My computer is couple months new so I know I am good to go. Just hate downloading stuff on my computer when I can avoid it. but no problem.

can I download the software to my desktop & laptop? ...

Thanks again!!!BigGrin

You can download to two computers. I believe you cannot download to a third; however, after six months (I think it's six months--might be a year) we will have the option to choose another computer (if we give up one of the others). We can only be downloaded on two at one time. I don't know this for sure, but I think PC will have to help get one of the other two cancelled, if we decide we need to download to another later on. Maybe they will help with that at anytime; I'm not sure I understand their information in this respect--every six months we can change one to another.

Hope that makes sense.

Char
Mercy Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 9:58:04 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
In addition, make sure you follow the instructions from the link below.

http://www.cricut.com/cr...m%20Drivers%20PDF_v3.pdf
dianerollf Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 10:51:04 AM(UTC)
dianerollf

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Gina - Like lovethatbug said, you can only DESIGN/CREATE when you're on the online version. It doesn't have the CUT function. If you have at least 2GB RAM in your computer and have DSL/Broadband connection for your internet, you should be okay. What kind of computer do you have, what operating system is installed on it and what internet browser do you use?

While there are some with problems with the MINIs and their computers, we're not all having problems. A lot of us are VERY happy with our MINIs.

If you have any problems, we'll all try to help you. You won't hurt your computer or your machines; many of us were reticent to download CCR, too. Even those of us who "took the plunge" have had a few bumps along the way.

If you want to go a level up from just using the images given to us on our cartridges, you'll be happy you TRIED. You can weld images in CCR, you can mix cartridges/images in CCR on the same project, you can CREATE things you can't create just getting the straight cuts off your stand-alone machine (in fact, MINI has to work with CCR; you can't use it stand-alone--did you know that?).

If you decide to come in with the rest of us (TAKE THE PLUNGE, that is), let us know your outcome. AND, if you have a little bump along the way, we'll try to help!

Char

Wouldn't know still can't download the CCR or get drivers to download and use my mini. Very upset.

Diane
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:46:14 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: dianerollf Go to Quoted Post
Wouldn't know still can't download the CCR or get drivers to download and use my mini. Very upset.

Diane

Sorry, Diane. Maybe you just have to wait for the updates; I know that's not what you want to do. I know you want to use CCR like some of us are being able to do; when it's wasting your time more than anything else, it's so maddening. Crossing my fingers for something to "hit" for you. For the "KEY"!

Char