Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
CricketCMV Offline
#61 Posted : Friday, December 02, 2011 3:02:28 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7604 time(s) in 4453 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrappygal Go to Quoted Post
Contacted Apple CS today and have everything set up properly with my wireless network. They told me it should work with my Airport router. They say it is on the Provo Craft side as does Verizon. There is nothing they can do for me. The machine should recognize my router. The E2 acts as if it is not even installed. I do not even get the screen asking me how I want to connect. It just reverts back to the home screen after I connect on the wireless icon. I contacted Provo Craft and got a very help CSR and we redid the firmware update thinking that maybe something did not take the first time. Did not help. After trying a few other things, they think the WiFi adaptor may be defective so are going to send me another one. I hope that is all that is wrong - a defective WiFi adaptor. I am just so afraid I am not going to be able to use the WiFi capabilities.

I have a feeling somewhere along the line PC will try to do everything they can to help you out with that, Scrappygal! Maybe they don't have the capabilities right now; you won't be the only one that will have those same problems and I'm sure they want to accommodate you as well as everyone else. They just can't do it all at once.

DID YOU TRY TO GO TO CONTROL PANEL and open your WIRELESS Icon to see if there's something there you can enter/fill in that will help your computer recognize CCR? Sometimes, we have to tell our machines what we want before they can detect what's there!! (I don't know anything about APPLE, so I don't know how you check your wireless connections, but it has to be there somewhere like go to START/Mac Menu/and look for something that mentions wireless. If you see something like that, click it open and see if it allows you to input information that has been given to you for your connection.)

I hope you are up and running real soon.

Char
Scrappygal Offline
#62 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 12:51:01 AM(UTC)
Scrappygal

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 52 post(s)
I was messing with the E2 this evening and was finally able to get through the WiFi screen to be able to choose my network. I thought I was on to something until I tried to cut from the Cricut Craft Room. It says "the wireless device is busy. Please try again" . I tried turning off my iPad2 but that did not make a difference. I know a number of us are having the same problem. Has anyone been able to find a fix? I am using an iMac.
CraftingKatie Offline
#63 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 7:43:15 AM(UTC)
CraftingKatie

Was thanked: 1662 time(s) in 624 post(s)
I was messing with the E2 this evening and was finally able to get through the WiFi screen to be able to choose my network. I thought I was on to something until I tried to cut from the Cricut Craft Room. It says "the wireless device is busy. Please try again" . I tried turning off my iPad2 but that did not make a difference. I know a number of us are having the same problem. Has anyone been able to find a fix? I am using an iMac.

I have the same problem. When I spoke to PC on Monday, they said it was a problem on my ISP's end. I talked to Comcast, and they said that isn't true. All of their ports are kept open. I have Comcast coming out this afternoon for a issue with my cable, so I'll ask the guy while he's here and let you know if he's got any ideas.
Kimberly207 Offline
#64 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 8:44:47 AM(UTC)
Kimberly207

United States

Was thanked: 1569 time(s) in 675 post(s)
I also have a mac and Comcast and am having the same problem. I know the error is not on my ISP's side as other things are able to be connect wirelessly without any problems. I hope we find a fix soon! I looked at a lot of the settings regarding wireless connections etc but I'm too afraid to try any changes. I don't want to attempt changes just to have something else not work properly Blushing
 1 user thanked Kimberly207 for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 12/4/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#65 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 9:06:26 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

After you turned off your iPad2, did you turn off your machine and turn it back on (to refresh)? Did you try to CUT again?

Char
Scrappygal Offline
#66 Posted : Saturday, December 03, 2011 10:54:14 PM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
After you turned off your iPad2, did you turn off your machine and turn it back on (to refresh)? Did you try to CUT again?

Char

Yes, I tried both things. They did not work. It still says the wireless device is busy and to try again.
 1 user thanked Scrappygal for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 12/4/2011(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#67 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 5:19:58 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftingKatie Go to Quoted Post
I have the same problem. When I spoke to PC on Monday, they said it was a problem on my ISP's end. I talked to Comcast, and they said that isn't true. All of their ports are kept open. I have Comcast coming out this afternoon for a issue with my cable, so I'll ask the guy while he's here and let you know if he's got any ideas.

I sent in Kimberly's information, I am about to send in Scrappygal's information so CraftingKatie post your answers to post 53 on page one. Thanks!

Edited by user Sunday, December 04, 2011 5:21:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftingKatie Offline
#68 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 5:30:19 PM(UTC)
CraftingKatie

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
PC would like to know the following from anyone who has the below message. Is this an ongoing problem? Does it happen sometimes or all the time? What is your CCR version and the Firmware of the E2 you are using?

"Wireless Error

The wireless device is busy. Please, try again."

I have always gotten this message, and have not yet been able to cut wirelessly. I am using v1.0 build 109 of CCR, and my E2's firmware is 0065:0017:0240. I am on a Mac, with Comcast as my ISP. I've spoken to several people at Comcast who say this is not a problem on their end. They do not block products, and all of their ports are open.
Mercy Offline
#69 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 5:35:52 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: CraftingKatie Go to Quoted Post
I have always gotten this message, and have not yet been able to cut wirelessly. I am using v1.0 build 109 of CCR, and my E2's firmware is 0065:0017:0240. I am on a Mac, with Comcast as my ISP. I've spoken to several people at Comcast who say this is not a problem on their end. They do not block products, and all of their ports are open.

Thanks I have sent this to tech so hopefully we can get an answer.
CraftingKatie Offline
#70 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 5:37:47 PM(UTC)
CraftingKatie

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
Thanks I have sent this to tech so hopefully we can get an answer.

Thanks, Mercy!!!
Kimberly207 Offline
#71 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 8:34:37 PM(UTC)
Kimberly207

United States

Thank you, Mercy! I really appreciate your help!

Hugs,
KimberlyWub
Scrappygal Offline
#72 Posted : Sunday, December 04, 2011 10:44:30 PM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

Thanks Mercy. I really appreciate all you are doing to get this problem solved.
Mercy Offline
#73 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 12:01:35 PM(UTC)
Mercy

You're welcome ladies! Product Developement sent the below troubleshooter so let us know the outcome.

Here are some troubleshooting steps for the wireless adapter:

1 - If your wireless network is password protected, confirm that you have inputted the correct password into the Expression 2.

2 - If your router has an option where you can choose between open and shared, choose shared.

3 – If your SSID can be broadcasting or non-broadcasting, choose broadcasting.

4 - Check that ports 7007 and 7008 are open (not being blocked) on your computer.

5 - Make sure that your computer's firewall and your router are not blocking Cricut Craft Room.
Kimberly207 Offline
#74 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 6:14:05 PM(UTC)
Kimberly207

United States

I really appreciate your help! I have to admit that I probably don't know how to do most of those things Blushing looking over that list a second time, I'm pretty sure I only know how to,do one or two of them Blushing Are there more detailed instructions available any where? (for the Mac)

Thanks again,
Kimberly
Scrappygal Offline
#75 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 7:09:21 PM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

I am with Kimberly. I am totally lost. I don't believe we have those ports on a Mac. I could be wrong though. I could not even find #'s 2 and 3. The only one I am sure is right is #1.
Mercy Offline
#76 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 7:37:37 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Those things or most of them you go to your router settings online at least that is the way it is for a PC or on your PC you might it in your network settings. Can you or do you have network settings or can go on the internet to your router settings?
Scrappygal Offline
#77 Posted : Monday, December 05, 2011 11:53:19 PM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

I went into System Preferences to find my network setup and then into my Finder for Applications and then into the Utilities folder to find my Airport Uttility settings and could not find any of these. I searched everywhere. Could these suggestions be for a PC and not for a Mac because I have never heard of these ports before?

Edited by user Tuesday, December 06, 2011 9:04:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Offline
#78 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:56:46 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I went into System Preferences to find my network setup and then into my Finder for Applications and then into the Utilities folder to find my Airport Uttility settings and could not find any of these. I searched everywhere. Could these suggestions be for a PC and not for a Mac because I have never heard of these ports before?

Scrappygal - If you go to the internet and do a SEARCH for "Setting up Wireless for MAC" and read some of the information there, it might help you know what to do. I did this (I have a PC and don't know much about MACs) to see if I could figure it out and come back, but obviously, it's not easy for me to know what they're saying, sometimes, in using their terms. The thing I read was that if you have some pertinent information in front of you (perhaps your wireless numbers), you can go to the website of the company your router is from and from there, you will be able to setup the information needed for your new wireless connection to be used on your machines.

It was like they were saying on the website of your router that you could set up the information in your computer from their website. Much like we do when we download stuff from Microsoft Windows to work with our Windows programs to keep them working properly with updates.

HTH!!

Char
Kimberly207 Offline
#79 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:16:52 PM(UTC)
Kimberly207

United States

Scrappygal - If you go to the internet and do a SEARCH for "Setting up Wireless for MAC" and read some of the information there, it might help you know what to do. I did this (I have a PC and don't know much about MACs) to see if I could figure it out and come back, but obviously, it's not easy for me to know what they're saying, sometimes, in using their terms. The thing I read was that if you have some pertinent information in front of you (perhaps your wireless numbers), you can go to the website of the company your router is from and from there, you will be able to setup the information needed for your new wireless connection to be used on your machines.

It was like they were saying on the website of your router that you could set up the information in your computer from their website. Much like we do when we download stuff from Microsoft Windows to work with our Windows programs to keep them working properly with updates.

HTH!!

Char

The thing is that I don't think I have a router. That is something internal in my Mac. I have a cable modem and that's it. But I do know that my daughter's laptop can access the internet through my Mac and she has a PC. Confused
CricketCMV Offline
#80 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 2:41:40 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Kimberly207 Go to Quoted Post
The thing is that I don't think I have a router. That is something internal in my Mac. I have a cable modem and that's it. But I do know that my daughter's laptop can access the internet through my Mac and she has a PC. Confused

Kimberly, even thought you have internal, I think you might still have to get the information input into your computer online, from what I've been reading. Please don't take my word for this; ask someone (maybe a local guy whom you trust that has a computer business), if this sounds like the right thing to do to be able to use your machines with your MAC:

I don't know which MAC (if either) you have below, maybe this will help you; I read it on a SEARCH I did:

You already have the Cable/ModMac OS 9.x
Click on the Apple Menu.
Click on the AirPort icon.
Make sure the settings section is expanded.
Copy down the AirPort ID. Make sure that you copy it down correctly. Failure to do so may cause you not to be able to access the wireless network.
Please enter this information in the "Machine MAC Address" section of the online MAC Address Registration Form.

Mac OS X
Click on the Apple Menu.
Click on Location.
Click on Network Preferences.
Look in the Show field and select AirPort.
Look at the AirPort ID and copy down the AirPort ID (MAC Address). Make sure that you copy it down correctly. Failure to do so may cause you not to be able to access the wireless network.
Please enter this information in the "Machine MAC Address" section of the online MAC Address Registration Form.em hooked up.
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 1/8/2012(UTC)
Scrappygal Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:26:13 PM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

The problem for me is that both Apple and Verizon say my router is set up properly. I am able to access my iPad without any problems. Both Apple and Verizon went over my settings. They are the one's that helped me set up my wireless network a couple of months ago.
CricketCMV Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 8:58:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

The problem for me is that both Apple and Verizon say my router is set up properly. I am able to access my iPad without any problems. Both Apple and Verizon went over my settings. They are the one's that helped me set up my wireless network a couple of months ago.

If you are using more than one thing that uses wireless, have you checkmarked "shared" in your settings so more than one thing can work on your wireless system?

Char
Mercy Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:29:01 PM(UTC)
Mercy

It is not that your router is not setup but I think it has to be set to WPA and if it not setup for that or whatever it needs, then you could have an issue. There have been members that the Internet Provider took over their computer and changed their settings. I believe it is a setting change that has to be made.

What would be nice if other MAC users can chime in to give us your settings so these wonderful members can perhaps make changes to their wifi adapter.

In addition, on your E2, when you go into your wifi settings I believe are you showing or does it show WPA or shared? Sometimes on the devices you can also see the settings.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:30:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scrappygal Offline
#84 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:09:59 AM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

My router has always been set up to WPA2 personal. I also set up my E2 to WPA. Verizon did take over my computer and could not find anything that needed to be changed. They are at a loss as well. I do have sharing on also.
Mercy Offline
#85 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:20:40 AM(UTC)
Mercy

My router has always been set up to WPA2 personal. I also set up my E2 to WPA. Verizon did take over my computer and could not find anything that needed to be changed. They are at a loss as well. I do have sharing on also.

I will send your information back to PC.
STW Offline
#86 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:44:05 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
STW - Have you been able to determine whether or not you have ADOBE AIR and if not, how to get it installed on your computer.

I gave a little bad information before. Try www.adobeair.com in your browser; you can also do a search by typing in ADOBE AIR and bringing up their site. Be sure you are bringing up their site; in other words, usually each site will show a web address under their heading and this one should be adobeair.com as their main address.

Hope that helps.

Have you been able to get anywhere further in your quest!?

Char

Hi, Char. I do have Adobe Air on my computer, so I'm not sure why it's still not working. This is the first day that I've sat back down at the computer to try and figure this thing out - just haven't had the time to take another shot at this! In another post, I had mentioned that when I initially uninstalled CCR (thought that I would uninstall and reinstall hoping that would help) that I also unistalled some Imagine files...and I don't have an Imagaine - just the E2. Could that have anything to do with my problems?
STW Offline
#87 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:59:45 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Char - I guess I'll start over from scratch by uninstalling and reinstalling things. What order should I do everthing - including actually connecting the E2 to my computer; running Sync: checking in the control panel for the wireless connectivity,; uninstall then reinstall, etc. I am semi-technically challenged, so an exact step by step would be great! PC running Windows XP Pro.

Thanks,
Sharon
CricketCMV Offline
#88 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 10:35:56 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: STW Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Char. I do have Adobe Air on my computer, so I'm not sure why it's still not working. This is the first day that I've sat back down at the computer to try and figure this thing out - just haven't had the time to take another shot at this! In another post, I had mentioned that when I initially uninstalled CCR (thought that I would uninstall and reinstall hoping that would help) that I also unistalled some Imagine files...and I don't have an Imagaine - just the E2. Could that have anything to do with my problems?

I'm not thinking the fact you uninstalled some IMAGINE files would hurt anything, if you don't have an IMAGINE. Unless, they were a component in CCR that is needed to run the whole program. I'm not sure about that. If you deleted temporary files (perhaps you went and told the CCR you had an IMAGINE just to play in it--which we are allowed to do when we don't own one (to entice us, I think--good marketing ploy), this would not hurt anything. If you deleted something out in Add-Remove programs, then I don't know why IMAGINE files would be there if you don't have one.

I am giving some other info in your next post.

Char

CricketCMV Offline
#89 Posted : Wednesday, December 07, 2011 11:38:13 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: STW Go to Quoted Post
Char - I guess I'll start over from scratch by uninstalling and reinstalling things. What order should I do everthing - including actually connecting the E2 to my computer; running Sync: checking in the control panel for the wireless connectivity,; uninstall then reinstall, etc. I am semi-technically challenged, so an exact step by step would be great! PC running Windows XP Pro.

Thanks,
Sharon

I think there might be some issues with E2; can't remember actually what I've read about it or when. So, you might want to call PC to ask about that or try to see a few threads on here that speaks to the E2.

BUT, if you are going to uninstall/reinstall again, I would do this:

Uninstall in Add-Remove Programs: Adobe Air AND Cricut CraftRoom

1. Go to Tools while you're on internet (top menus/delete browsing history (all of it).
2. Go to START/RUN and in RUN type in these five things to delete (all temporary files), one at a time:
%temp% (select all/delete)
prefetch (same)
temp (same)
cookies (same--if it will let you; my computer won't allow this)
cleanmgr (I check all of these unless there's one there that says backup--I think you can clean it, too, as I think it's backup of temp files)

3. Unplug the USB for your CRICUT if you have one in at this time
4. Turn off your computer and reboot; if there is an option on sutdown to RESTART, that is the same thing
5. As it starts to reboot, go ahead and plug in the USB cord for your CRICUT machine
6. REINSTALL CCR; after it downloads to your computer, be sure to wait for ADOBE AIR to pop up and install it, also.

It doesn't take that long to clean out temporary files; unless you have a lot of them. Even if you have done this real recently, do it before you reinstall CCR and Adobe Air.

Let us know how you come out; can't promise this will work for you, but it will be a good start. Good luck, STW!!

Char
kleep159cd245 Offline
#90 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 10:01:03 PM(UTC)
kleep159cd245

I'm getting the same error message with Craftroom when I try to cut with my MAC. It's not the router, because the Cricut is connecting to the internet and looking for updates and the MAC does recognize the Cricut in devices. Please fix soon!!Mellow
I don't have a Comcast modem; not sure of the manufacturer but my Cable company is Cox and my router is Linksys.

Edited by user Saturday, December 10, 2011 10:05:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Add modem and router info