Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mercy Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:34:16 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Troubleshooting:

From PC:

(1)PC Users: Check that driver's are installed correctly.

Cricut Mini, to set up your machine, follow the link below:
http://www.cricut.com/cr...m%20Drivers%20PDF_v3.pdf

Mac Users: If you get a pop up stating "a new network interface has been detected", click on Network Preferences, select the Cricut Mini from the list on the left, then click Apply.

(2)Do you hear a “beep” sound when you connect the Cricut to the computer? If not, try a different USB port on your computer.

(3)Is Cricut Design Studio or Cricut Sync running at the same time? These programs sometimes interfere with the USB communication, so make sure those programs are closed before opening Craft Room.

(4)Do you have more than one Cricut machine connected to your computer? Disconnect the USB connection to any machines not currently in use.

(5)Are you running an anti-virus program that could be blocking communication? Add Cricut Craft Room to your trust programs list.

(6)If you have a Gypsy, make sure it is not connected to your computer when you have Craft Room open.
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
lovethatbug on 11/30/2011(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 8:51:28 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
MERCY! Shouldn't this post be up in the STICKYS in all the main forums: General Chat, Cricut Chat, Cricut CraftRoom and MINI Machine--don't know what other forums it would need to be in, but this is exactly what some of us were discussing on other threads?

PC needs to have this information at the top (or they should allow you Bug Guides to put such information up there).

I KNOW, we should all READ the INSTRUCTIONS before we do anything; but as OP said, she "wings it"--which is probably what many of us do. Actually, I didn't and I didn't with my Expression, and I think that's why I got setup with no problems at all with either machine.

There was a packet and CRICUT QUICK START GUIDE that was included with my MINI. It gave very forthright instructions. ALONG WITH THAT, though, it's important before anyone ever does anythin NEW in their computers to SHUTDOWN their computers to clean out stuff that's accumulated on their computers that doesn't need to be there (along with cleaning out internet browsing history). THAT SHOULD BE THE FIRST THING EVERYONE DOES.

I really think that would solve a lot of problems before they start. It's so hard to get everyone doing the things they need to do from the STARTUP! That's not to say everyone is "winging it". Some of us will be lucky and get going with no problems.

WHY DOESN'T PC POST THIS CRICUT QUICK START GUIDE AND THE TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS (that were also included with our MINIs) up in the STICKYS? At least, people who don't look at the papers that come with their machines might see the information online--which is how a lot of people are geared today, anyway--ONLINE.

This is not an attack on you, Mercy! EVEN though it looks like I shouted at you. I wasn't shouting, honest!

Char
Mercy Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 1:22:07 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
MERCY! Shouldn't this post be up in the STICKYS in all the main forums: General Chat, Cricut Chat, Cricut CraftRoom and MINI Machine--don't know what other forums it would need to be in, but this is exactly what some of us were discussing on other threads?

PC needs to have this information at the top (or they should allow you Bug Guides to put such information up there).

I KNOW, we should all READ the INSTRUCTIONS before we do anything; but as OP said, she "wings it"--which is probably what many of us do. Actually, I didn't and I didn't with my Expression, and I think that's why I got setup with no problems at all with either machine.

There was a packet and CRICUT QUICK START GUIDE that was included with my MINI. It gave very forthright instructions. ALONG WITH THAT, though, it's important before anyone ever does anythin NEW in their computers to SHUTDOWN their computers to clean out stuff that's accumulated on their computers that doesn't need to be there (along with cleaning out internet browsing history). THAT SHOULD BE THE FIRST THING EVERYONE DOES.

I really think that would solve a lot of problems before they start. It's so hard to get everyone doing the things they need to do from the STARTUP! That's not to say everyone is "winging it". Some of us will be lucky and get going with no problems.

WHY DOESN'T PC POST THIS CRICUT QUICK START GUIDE AND THE TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS (that were also included with our MINIs) up in the STICKYS? At least, people who don't look at the papers that come with their machines might see the information online--which is how a lot of people are geared today, anyway--ONLINE.

This is not an attack on you, Mercy! EVEN though it looks like I shouted at you. I wasn't shouting, honest!

Char

No, I know you were not shouting at me. :) I believe PC is working on something but issues keep coming up and I had questions so they answered what I asked about so I am sure at some point we will get that information or I hope so.

I posted most but not all of this in CCR as CCR has its own thread and there are so many stickies across the board in some of the sub-forums that the best place about the Criuct Mini is in the Criuct Mini sub-forum. :)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:55:49 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
No, I know you were not shouting at me. :) I believe PC is working on something but issues keep coming up and I had questions so they answered what I asked about so I am sure at some point we will get that information or I hope so.

I posted most but not all of this in CCR as CCR has its own thread and there are so many stickies across the board in some of the sub-forums that the best place about the Criuct Mini is in the Criuct Mini sub-forum. :)

I think you know me, Mercy! LOL. When it looks like I'm yelling, I'm not. I think you're used to me on the MB.!!

Well, I know it's a sore point to some when there are a lot of stickies (I get a little perturbed from time to time when they leave them up there, also), but I do think this forum is the place to put everything about the MINI. However, since CCR and MINI work together explicitly, sometimes I wonder if they shouldn't be in the same forum. I didn't realize this forum was here until I started having trouble then it dawned on me we might have a separate forum for MINI.

It's like with CARDS. When people post CARDS in their respective forums, noone really goes out to see them and comment (until much later, I think). When they are placed in the chat forums, we see them right away. It's one less forum you have to go to.

I would love if we had the ONE forum that allows all the topics to come through in one place (like ACTIVE TOPICS; except, I think we only see ten or so topics at one time). I really loved how we could do that on the old MB.

Thanks for all you do, Mercy. You AND the other BGs.

Char
Mercy Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:13:42 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I think you know me, Mercy! LOL. When it looks like I'm yelling, I'm not. I think you're used to me on the MB.!!

Well, I know it's a sore point to some when there are a lot of stickies (I get a little perturbed from time to time when they leave them up there, also), but I do think this forum is the place to put everything about the MINI. However, since CCR and MINI work together explicitly, sometimes I wonder if they shouldn't be in the same forum. I didn't realize this forum was here until I started having trouble then it dawned on me we might have a separate forum for MINI.

It's like with CARDS. When people post CARDS in their respective forums, noone really goes out to see them and comment (until much later, I think). When they are placed in the chat forums, we see them right away. It's one less forum you have to go to.

I would love if we had the ONE forum that allows all the topics to come through in one place (like ACTIVE TOPICS; except, I think we only see ten or so topics at one time). I really loved how we could do that on the old MB.

Thanks for all you do, Mercy. You AND the other BGs.

Char

Thanks Char and yes, I am used to your posts. Smile Just because your words are in caps, you are not screaming. Smile I sometimes put words in caps as well as a way to pronounce certain words. So, I do understand.Smile

Number one and two in this thread I do plan to add to the CCR troubleshooting thread and I do agree about the Mini and CCR as well as liking your idea about the topic. However, even with that, many will miss it as the G's troubleshooting thread has been a sticky for over a year and yet many miss it so I guess it depends.
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/30/2011(UTC)
Hodmom Online
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 01, 2011 8:59:11 AM(UTC)
Hodmom

United States

Was thanked: 5767 time(s) in 3617 post(s)
Hi Mercy,
I have a quick question for you. Love my mini, but it won't read the George cart when I plug it in the machine. I re-did what I had made using the Cricut Font and Basic Shapes digital cart as a quick solution to the problem. My George cart reads in the E2 and in the Imagine. Is this a known error with George and the mini?

Thanks for your help! I emailed PC, but it will be days before I hear anything I'm sure.
Diane