Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
Mercy Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 5:04:38 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Step 1: Turn on the Cricut Expression 2 machine. Ensure that the machine is
connected to a wireless network.

Step 2: On the Cricut Expression 2 LCD screen, click to view the setting menu.

Step 3: Scroll until you find the CCR Login button. Click the button.

Step 4: Input your CCR username in the field. Click save.

Step 5: Login to Cricut Craft Room on your computer. Your computer must be
connected to the same wireless network as your Expression 2 machine.

Step 6: Design a project and click Cut.

Step 7: Select the Expression 2.

Note: Even after disconnecting your machine from your wireless network, your
Expression 2 will appear in the Select Device list for about a week.

5 users thanked Mercy for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 11/22/2011(UTC), CarolClifford on 11/23/2011(UTC), Mary R. on 11/26/2011(UTC), KimAllen11 on 12/13/2011(UTC), DeboraSarnicki1 on 12/15/2011(UTC)
Kimberly207 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:09:40 PM(UTC)
Kimberly207

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1569 time(s) in 675 post(s)
Mine doesn't work Crying I called PC and the person I spoke with didn't know this was even available yet! He's sending my error message to Product Development and will hopefully call me back with a fix soon ... Any suggestions? TIA

Kimberly
Mercy Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:15:58 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Kimberly207 Go to Quoted Post
Mine doesn't work Crying I called PC and the person I spoke with didn't know this was even available yet! He's sending my error message to Product Development and will hopefully call me back with a fix soon ... Any suggestions? TIA

Kimberly

This has been available since probably since September but only a few knew about it as PC was not ready to make it known that it was already available but their hands were sort of pushed to reveal it before they were to reveal it so that could explain why the person you spoke with at C.S. did not know.

What is the error message that you are getting?
Kimberly207 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 6:26:42 PM(UTC)
Kimberly207

United States

Originally Posted by: mercy Go to Quoted Post
This has been available since probably since September but only a few knew about it as PC was not ready to make it known that it was already available but their hands were sort of pushed to reveal it before they were to reveal it so that could explain why the person you spoke with at C.S. did not know.

What is the error message that you are getting?

Thank you! The error says

Wireless Error
The wireless device is busy. Please, try again.

And there is box to click ok. I've tried turning off the anti-virus software and restarting both my CE2AE and my computer ... Also, I have a Mac so I don't know if that matters ...
Mercy Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:02:57 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Wireless Error

And there is box to click ok. I've tried turning off the anti-virus software and restarting both my CE2AE and my computer ... Also, I have a Mac so I don't know if that matters ...

You are the second person that have that error as I sent her post to pd. Did you try following the steps is this thread?
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 11/22/2011(UTC)
Lady Bug S Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:02:59 PM(UTC)
Lady Bug S

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Yes, it WORKED BigGrin BigGrin. Thanks Mercy for the information.
Kimberly207 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 8:43:44 PM(UTC)
Kimberly207

United States

You are the second person that have that error as I sent her post to pd. Did you try following the steps is this thread?

I just walked thru the steps again to be sure I did everything correctly ... I got the same error message Blushing
Mercy Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:31:06 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Lady Bug S Go to Quoted Post
Yes, it WORKED BigGrin BigGrin. Thanks Mercy for the information.

You're welcome and glad that it worked! Enjoy!
Mercy Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 10:33:50 PM(UTC)
Mercy

I just walked thru the steps again to be sure I did everything correctly ... I got the same error message Blushing

Thanks and hopefully we will hear from product development.
Debbie G Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:57:54 AM(UTC)
Debbie G

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 32 post(s)

I'm curious if your computer is wireless or connected physically to the router. If you are wireless for both, it's possible that it doesn't allow multicast on the wireless connections.

Maybe connect the computer directly to the router.

Or provide the type of router you are using and I can try to help find the multicast settings.

netgear calls it wireless isolation, here is an image of my netgear router.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:02:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Debbie G attached the following image(s):
netgear wireless isolation.jpg
 1 user thanked Debbie G for this useful post.
CarolClifford on 11/23/2011(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:40:25 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Wireless Error

Did you try Debbie G's suggestion? I did hear from product development but I had to do a follow up question. Have you heard from pc?
Heartfelt Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:58:52 PM(UTC)
Heartfelt

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I must be completely blind what does the ccr button look like? I can't seem to find it. Thanks
Mercy Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:55:07 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Heartfelt Go to Quoted Post
I must be completely blind what does the ccr button look like? I can't seem to find it. Thanks

Do you have the wifi adapter connected to the E2 and do you have the last update? If so, scroll down in the settings and it should be there. What is your E2's firmware numbers?

Edited by user Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:56:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Heartfelt Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 5:32:36 PM(UTC)
Heartfelt

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Yes my wireless adapter is connected, and when I checked yesterday it said it was up to date, I'm not near it now for the #s. When I am I'll post them here.
Mercy Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 5:39:27 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Originally Posted by: Heartfelt Go to Quoted Post
Yes my wireless adapter is connected, and when I checked yesterday it said it was up to date, I'm not near it now for the #s. When I am I'll post them here.

You need 65:17:240 firmware and if you have that firmware, then click the settings icon on the E2 , scroll down until you find a circle with CCR inside the circle I think as that is reported by other members.
Kimberly207 Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 9:20:02 PM(UTC)
Kimberly207

United States

Originally Posted by: Debbie G Go to Quoted Post
I'm curious if your computer is wireless or connected physically to the router. If you are wireless for both, it's possible that it doesn't allow multicast on the wireless connections.

Maybe connect the computer directly to the router.

Or provide the type of router you are using and I can try to help find the multicast settings.

netgear calls it wireless isolation, here is an image of my netgear router.

I'm really confused now! I have an iMac and it is connected to a super duper high modem from Comcast ... But I think my computer is wireless as far as having a router ... I think that's part of the computer ... My daughter can access her laptop from it wirelessly ... So, I'm not sure what or where I should be looking ... I'd really appreciate any help you can give me ... I only have so much space available next to my computer and I want to leave my Imagine close to it because that HAS to be connected for updates and CCR ... So, there's no room for my E2AE anywhere near my computer and moving it close to connect to my computer is a hassle and I have no where to put it except on top of the Imagine Blushing

Thank you so much for trying to help me ... I really appreciate it so much!
Debbie G Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 9:42:21 PM(UTC)
Debbie G

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I'm really confused now! I have an iMac and it is connected to a super duper high modem from Comcast ... But I think my computer is wireless as far as having a router ... I think that's part of the computer ... My daughter can access her laptop from it wirelessly ... So, I'm not sure what or where I should be looking ... I'd really appreciate any help you can give me ... I only have so much space available next to my computer and I want to leave my Imagine close to it because that HAS to be connected for updates and CCR ... So, there's no room for my E2AE anywhere near my computer and moving it close to connect to my computer is a hassle and I have no where to put it except on top of the Imagine Blushing

Your daughter being able to access your iMac wirelessly <spelling> is a great sign. This means that you most likely do not have multicast blocked or at-least have her as a trusted system. Doesn't mean there isn't something blocking the specific ports which are required for operation. Meaning you can allow another computer to ping your computer but they will not be allowed to browse the shared file-systems, etc..

I'm assuming that the "super duper modem" from Comcast is the cable modem. However, on my provided Comcast cable modem there is only one connection on the back for Ethernet. Which I have connected to a Netgear router for WiFi service. So, since we cannot be specific on what Comcast provides as a modem in your area. It would be hard to speculate what you have. I have to assume that your daughter can browse the net and that your Expression 2 AE has successfully connected to the WiFi network in the first place.

Since, I don't have a Ethernet Adapter for my E2, I can't describe what you need to see on it to validate a connection. Mine just has the wave bars with a exclamation mark :)

There should be an ip address assigned to your E2, it's possible that it could be ping'able. Wish I had an Ethernet adapter in my E2 to really help troubleshoot the problem. I'm sure your frustrated especially with the holiday weekend here.

I would advise not to load CCR on your daughter's laptop though. You are only allowed 2 computers and I don't think you want to compete with her need to update Facebook and your need to send a cut :) I will upload a picture of my network and it's elements if it helps identify things you may have.
Debbie G attached the following image(s):
backofmodem.jpg
netgear router.jpg
 1 user thanked Debbie G for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 1/8/2012(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 9:53:08 PM(UTC)
Mercy

PC said that you have more than one of something trying to communicate at the same time as they need to know the below information. I know you said that you have a MAC but what version of Mac do you have?

Which carts are you using and which machine? What is the firmware of the Cricut that you are using? Did you have other programs opened while CCR was opened especially C Sync?
 1 user thanked Mercy for this useful post.
Kimberly207 on 1/8/2012(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 10:17:33 PM(UTC)
Mercy

We have another Mac user that has Comcast having the same issues so I gave her this link so perhaps something Debbie has posted might help her as well.
STW Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:01:38 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Step 1: Turn on the Cricut Expression 2 machine. Ensure that the machine is
connected to a wireless network.

Step 2: On the Cricut Expression 2 LCD screen, click to view the setting menu.

Step 3: Scroll until you find the CCR Login button. Click the button.

Step 4: Input your CCR username in the field. Click save.

There is no CCR Login button - and I've checked for updates and it says that my machine is up to date and that there are no updates available. Am I looking in the correct place? I go to the settings menu and scroll through all of the screens - but there is no mention of a CCR login....help!!!!!!!
legalbeagle Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 10:45:18 AM(UTC)
legalbeagle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: STW Go to Quoted Post
There is no CCR Login button - and I've checked for updates and it says that my machine is up to date and that there are no updates available. Am I looking in the correct place? I go to the settings menu and scroll through all of the screens - but there is no mention of a CCR login....help!!!!!!!

Mine says the same thing. My version number is 1.01 (0043:0017:0240). I saw in another post that the front number listed as 0065 instead of 0043? Is that the problem and how do I fix it?
STW Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:03:01 AM(UTC)
STW

United States

Originally Posted by: legalbeagle Go to Quoted Post
Mine says the same thing. My version number is 1.01 (0043:0017:0240). I saw in another post that the front number listed as 0065 instead of 0043? Is that the problem and how do I fix it?

Legalbeagle - just read on another post that the wireless adapter is not recognizing the latest update and that you have to connect your Cricut to your computer with USB cable for the update, and then after its updated you should be able to connect to CCR and cut wirelessly. I haven't done so, but just read it. Hope it works for the both of us!! Good luckBigGrin
 1 user thanked STW for this useful post.
legalbeagle on 11/26/2011(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 11:57:07 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Firmware 43 allowed you to use your wifi adapter and firmware 65 allowed you to cut wirelessly from CCR. Many had issues with firmware 43 not allowing the adapter to be used without changing their settings or calling their ISP.

STW is correct as even though you could not update wirelessly, you can cut wirelessly and I am not sure if firmware 65 fixed the issue or not. Therefore, after you have updated with firmware 65, try to update wirelessly in which you should get a message that you are up to date which tells us that firmware 65 fixed the problem and not just the CCR driver. Then try cutting from CCR wirelessly. Please let us know the outcome.

The CCR icon only will appear after you have firmware 63 and the adapter connected to the E2. If you are not seeing the icon, check your firmware to be sure you have firmware 65.
STW Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:13:42 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Firmware 43 allowed you to use your wifi adapter and firmware 65 allowed you to cut wirelessly from CCR. Many had issues with firmware 43 not allowing the adapter to be used without changing their settings or calling their ISP.

STW is correct as even though you could not update wirelessly, you can cut wirelessly and I am not sure if firmware 65 fixed the issue or not. Therefore, after you have updated with firmware 65, try to update wirelessly in which you should get a message that you are up to date which tells us that firmware 65 fixed the problem and not just the CCR driver. Then try cutting from CCR wirelessly. Please let us know the outcome.

The CCR icon only will appear after you have firmware 63 and the adapter connected to the E2. If you are not seeing the icon, check your firmware to be sure you have firmware 65.

Hi, Mercy. Even connecting my E2 to my computer with the cable didn't work...it still is not seeing an update - just says that my system is up to date - which its not, obviously:( So, while I cannot get that to work yet, I thought I'd at least start linking my cartridges. I get as far as inserting the cartridge and CCR says it is now linking....and after a few minutes says that it cannot link it. I've tried it with 2 cartridges that were NIP when I bought them and they have never been linked to anything. So 3 questions:
1. What else can I try to update my Cricut E2 to 65? 2. How do I update CCR to 1.03? I don't see an update option on it to do so - could that be what is causing me problems?
3. What can be causing my cartridges not to link?

So frustrated:(
STW Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:25:14 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

PS - Mercy, what settings do we change for the adapter? I just re-read the first paragraph of your last post. Also, I cannot cut wirelessly either due to the challenges that I'm having with my cartridges not linking......Bored Cursing Mad
legalbeagle Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:34:56 PM(UTC)
legalbeagle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Legalbeagle - just read on another post that the wireless adapter is not recognizing the latest update and that you have to connect your Cricut to your computer with USB cable for the update, and then after its updated you should be able to connect to CCR and cut wirelessly. I haven't done so, but just read it. Hope it works for the both of us!! Good luckBigGrin

STW,

It workedBigGrin . Thanks so much for the info. I was able to update to the 0065 version through cricut sync, and craftroom is now recognizing my machine cable free. It cut with no problem, but I did notice an error after or during the cutting (not sure was not looking at the computer). Hope you get your wireless cutting working soon.
STW Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:45:02 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

Originally Posted by: legalbeagle Go to Quoted Post
STW,

It workedBigGrin . Thanks so much for the info. I was able to update to the 0065 version through cricut sync, and craftroom is now recognizing my machine cable free. It cut with no problem, but I did notice an error after or during the cutting (not sure was not looking at the computer). Hope you get your wireless cutting working soon.

Yay!!! So glad for you....now if I could only make it work for me...lol! Dumb question, but where is the Cricut Sync? I've read about trying that - but cannot find where in the world it is!
Mercy Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:50:13 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Yay!!! So glad for you....now if I could only make it work for me...lol! Dumb question, but where is the Cricut Sync? I've read about trying that - but cannot find where in the world it is!

So, we are assuming that you do not have Cricut Sync on your desktop, right??
Mercy Offline
#29 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:52:49 PM(UTC)
Mercy

How did you get your Cricut to build 43? Did it come that way? Did you ever connect your E2 to your computer?
STW Offline
#30 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 12:55:26 PM(UTC)
STW

United States

So, we are assuming that you do not have Cricut Sync on your desktop, right??

Correct - I have Cricut Craft Room on the desktop, which just opens it up and brings me to the login - is there another program should have been downloaded along with CCR?