Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GrammyCris Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 10:50:47 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1112 time(s) in 521 post(s)
I have been one of the beta testers almost from the beginning and have had no problem with recognizing my connection. This morning I went to cut something that I designed while at work and it keeps telling me I am not connected to a machine. I have connected with Cricut Sync and made sure my E2 is updated firmware and my CCR is updated and it still continues to tell me I am not connected. Has anyone had that problem and what do you do? I have rebooted computer, turned off E2 and back on with no success.
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
Kigz on 10/18/2011(UTC)
Kigz Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 12:13:49 PM(UTC)
Kigz

Was thanked: 323 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Hello--unfortunately this same thing happened to me the other night. I had cut out Lightning McQueen and had positioned the blue paper in the wrong place for the eyes, so had to reload and make changes to just cut the eyes (ooops!) Anyway, when I pressed cut, it started to tell me it wasn't connected. I took the cord off and reattached, but it still wasn't recognizing it. I have not had a chance to try again though. I wish I had a solution, but for now I can just say, I know how you feel. Thank you for posting this...
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:39:37 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7599 time(s) in 4448 post(s)
I think this is crazy, but I had the same problem when I read your post and went to try a CUT I did last night to see if the program would recognize my EXPRESSION>

At first, I got the error message it didn't recognize my device. I had my EXPRESSION turned on before I went into CCR.

I turned off the EXPRESSION, went back out (logged out) and went back into CCR. Once I got in to CUT, it showed it wouldn't recognize my device (because I had not turned the

EPRESSION back on, as yet, and I didn't want to until I got the message). When the message came on, I THEN turned the EXPRESSION on and it immediately recognized it.

Maybe you can try that.

I have had that happen before but I could work my way out of it not knowing why it worked in a certain way and not worrying about it.

I THINK IT'S BEST IF WE DON'T TURN ON OUR MACHINE UNTIL AFTER WE HIT THE CUT BUTTON, THEN WHEN IT SAYS IT CAN'T RECOGNIZE OUR DEVICE, TURN IT ON AFTER THAT?

It doesn't make much sense, but that's what worked for me.

Char

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Kigz on 10/19/2011(UTC)
GrammyCris Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 2:58:09 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1112 time(s) in 521 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I think this is crazy, but I had the same problem when I read your post and went to try a CUT I did last night to see if the program would recognize my EXPRESSION>

At first, I got the error message it didn't recognize my device. I had my EXPRESSION turned on before I went into CCR.

I turned off the EXPRESSION, went back out (logged out) and went back into CCR. Once I got in to CUT, it showed it wouldn't recognize my device (because I had not turned the

EPRESSION back on, as yet, and I didn't want to until I got the message). When the message came on, I THEN turned the EXPRESSION on and it immediately recognized it.

Maybe you can try that.

I have had that happen before but I could work my way out of it not knowing why it worked in a certain way and not worrying about it.

I THINK IT'S BEST IF WE DON'T TURN ON OUR MACHINE UNTIL AFTER WE HIT THE CUT BUTTON, THEN WHEN IT SAYS IT CAN'T RECOGNIZE OUR DEVICE, TURN IT ON AFTER THAT?

Char

Thanks for the suggestions...I will give that a try tonight when I get home!
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/18/2011(UTC)
Kigz Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:34:27 AM(UTC)
Kigz

Was thanked: 323 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post

Maybe you can try that.

Char

CHAR!!! That TOTALLY worked! Sorry for the valley girl, but do you know how happy I am?! Thank you so very much for the suggestion. I did not turn on my E2 until I clicked on cut and everything went smoothly from there. Doesn't matter to me if it never makes sense as long as it cuts! LOL Awesome!
 1 user thanked Kigz for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 10/19/2011(UTC)