Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Phyllis Offline
#61 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 3:11:57 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MommaNJ Go to Quoted Post
I mailed 138 Halloween and Thanksgiving cards to Phyllis today (mtn/west). They should be there on Monday 9-19.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Nadine, rec'd your beautiful cards today. Thank you so much. I love those embossing folders, don't think I've ever seen those. All the cards are just gorgeous.
CardsForSoldiers Offline
#62 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 3:22:09 PM(UTC)
CardsForSoldiers

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Tally is updated. Thanks everyone, you have done a fantastic job.
RGK Offline
#63 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 5:17:18 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello, I received 2 boxes from D.H. /IL today. I counted 260+. Christmas, general use and a few other holidays. Thank you!! Wonderful cards.Smile
Renate
CardsForSoldiers Offline
#64 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 7:06:15 PM(UTC)
CardsForSoldiers

I was out of town last week, but came home to 4 boxes of cards. I've not had a chance to open them all yet, but what I have seen are wonderful Many thanks to Barbara Stewart, Judy in MI, Sue (Bijoux17) and Candy in Canada. As always, thanks ladies for the postage help.

Getting ready to post the new theme...

~pat (imnchghere
imnchghere Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:30:50 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
More cards received yesterday. Thanks to Beth, Jan & Claire... great cards, extras and postage help. Always appreciated.

Off to the PO this morning. Jim always says "the cards aren't doing the *boys & girls* any good in our family room". He refers to the troops as the boys and girls, because he feels old. LOL

~pat
Cynthia Offline
#66 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 8:30:32 PM(UTC)
Cynthia

Was thanked: 253 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello Ladies:

I feel I have to apologize for not having sent my cards. I am not a flake and have never not sent something I have promised. (Not that anyone said I am...I am just saying)

Please let me explain.

Literally two days after I came on here and signed up for the 100 cards, my illness symptoms, which I have had for about three months, came to a head and I became very ill. Without getting into a long story, I will tell you that between the tests, tests, and more tests, the diagnosis was very very grim. As in...I have stage 4 uterine cancer that has matastasized into the bone. The films show the sclerotic lesions in the pelvic area.

Anyway, fast forward to yesterday.

I am a walking miracle. I am a miracle that only God could fix.

According to the doctor, my last film shows sclerotic lesions...that are DEAD! As in...NO CANCER. He is baffled. He is so baffled that he is sending me back for an MRI of the lesions, because there is no medical explanation for it.

So, I have gone from the very lowest of lows...the belief that at 45 my life was over (they estimated somewhere between 1 - 5 years), to...I AM CANCER free. I am a walking enigma, and I am telling you right here and right now that Jesus heals...He heals and He healed me!

Matthew 4:23
Jesus went throughout Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom, and healing every disease and sickness among the people.

I know I am on this private yet public board, and what I just typed is politically incorrect, and I just don't care. I have life...and while no day is ever a "given" and all our days are numbered by God, my days are looking brighter.

On the side ladies...
I have learned SO much about cancer. More than I ever care to know, but I have. Did you know that Uterine cancer is NOT what is being tested when you go for your annual pap? It is of the cervix and it is actually possible that when you are swabbed, you could not be swabbed high enough to catch cancer in the uterus, which is why it is so hard to detect. I just wanted to educate you on that. BE IN THE KNOW! Talk to your doctor about being tested.

So, regarding the cards, I have 25 that I the day I signed up, that are made for Thanksgiving and are probably too late to send. Please let me know if I should still ship them out or keep them for next year.

Blessings ladies. Hug your loved ones, get yourself checked (which I do every year but again, the cervix/uterus thing), and have a chat with God, because I am telling you that until you hear the words "you have one to five years to live", you may never know how much you really DO believe, and find yourself talking to the Healer and Love of our souls!

Phyllis Offline
#67 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 8:51:14 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Cynthia, thanks for sharing your story. I do believe that God is in the healing business, praise God for your healing. Made chills run up and down my spine. You've always been an inspiration to me. Keep us updated.

As far as the Thanksgiving cards, you can still mail them, I think Pat won't be mailing them until the latest theme ends.
imnchghere Offline
#68 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 9:25:21 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Cynthia, there is definitely time for the Thanksgiving cards. I will ditto what Phyllis said about God being in the healing business. There is always hope and we just need to have faith.
Looking forward to your cards.
Phyllis Offline
#69 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:20:11 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Originally Posted by: 6gr8kdz Go to Quoted Post
Please put me down for 20 - Mountain

Pearl

Pearl, I received your cards today, thanks so much and thank you for the postage help. I understand the getting behind so not a problem.

Phyllis