Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

southgirltexas Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 2:59:53 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
I ran out of usable mats so I went to my local HL to buy some more. They had the 12x6 mats, they had the 12x24 mats, they had the 12X12 cake mats...and oh they had the IMAGINE 12x12 mats. But they did not have the 12X12 mats for the Expression. So I bought th 12X24 mats thinkng I can use them...just turn them around and cut. So I went back this week and they still only had the Imagine mats, so I asked the Manager about them. (SIGH) I got directed over to the Imagine mats. Then I explained the Imagine mats are not as sticky as the regular mats and he turned me over to a sales person. I re explained my need for a sticky mat and she said thats all we order. No duh!!!

So I went home cut my mat into. Voila!! 2..er...12x12 mats sort of.

Oh by the way Michaels has Expression 12x12 mats...yes, I bought them.

Yes I do believe HL will hear from me, what do you think?
dianne31331 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 8:21:58 PM(UTC)
dianne31331

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
do people not understand customer service anymore? I would call hl, and report what happened. I've also cut my 24" mats in half, if its cheaper than 12x12 mat then I buy it! then I spend " savings" on other craft items to save my hubby moneyLOL
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 01, 2011 9:24:02 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18459 time(s) in 8206 post(s)
Since the Imagine mat can be used in all the Cricuts that take a 12X12 mat, that is all that will be manufactured. So, it may be the only option HL has to order. Ms may have a lot of the old E mats in their warehouse and can still stock them in the stores.

The adhesive on the Imagine mat is actually a better adhesive than the old mat. You just have to activate it by either burnishing the cover while still on the mat or running the mat under warm water and letting it dry before use.
 3 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
sweetpea1030 on 10/1/2011(UTC), Emerald on 10/4/2011(UTC), bleedingcricutgreen on 11/11/2011(UTC)
sthtxgrl Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 04, 2011 7:12:00 PM(UTC)
sthtxgrl

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
As an employee of HL and in the scrapbooking department, the "Imagine" 12x12 mats are all we can order. Those mats are what replaced the old mats. It is not something we had anything to do with or anything we can change. Just keep in mind, because someone is in the department, does not mean they know everything about all in that particular department. There are times that I have more than 9000 items I have to take care of including departments that are not mine so it is a bit stressful when customers do not elaborate on what it is they are looking for so we can help.
Also, if you look closely on the packaging of the 12x12 mats, it states that it also works in the Imagine machines.
I hope your next experience at HL is a better one.
 2 users thanked sthtxgrl for this useful post.
Emerald on 10/4/2011(UTC), bleedingcricutgreen on 11/11/2011(UTC)
southgirltexas Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:06:15 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Ty all for your response. I cooled down and took a deep breath. Yes you guys at HL really try to be helpful. Maybe I caught the sales woman on a bad day. I do wish she had explained better that was all she could order. I tried the activation thing and it sucks so I just will buy 12x24 mats frpm now on.
JenniferPalmer Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 06, 2011 5:44:56 AM(UTC)
JenniferPalmer

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I personally prefer the Imagine mats. They don't leave sticky reside on my cuts, they're easier to pull my cuts off the page, and I've never had any problem with them being sticky enough. AND they don't do that irritating thing the old mats do where you put the protective cover back on and the next time you use the mat half the adhesive sticks to the protective cover. (GRRRR)

As for M's - mine has NO mats so I don't have much hope. They still don't have any Imagine stuff so I'm sure I have to add mats to my list of scrap supplies I have to buy on my trips out of town now too.