Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

marti{pezadoodle} Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:49:34 AM(UTC)
marti{pezadoodle}

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 147 post(s)
ok i am finally getting around to trying out ccr. i have wasted my entire crafting time trying to make it work. i hit cut, it asks which device, i choose the device, i choose the settings, i click cut, the window closes and absolutely nothing happens. WTH??????
mallorym Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:19:19 PM(UTC)
mallorym

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)
Originally Posted by: marti{pezadoodle} Go to Quoted Post
ok i am finally getting around to trying out ccr. i have wasted my entire crafting time trying to make it work. i hit cut, it asks which device, i choose the device, i choose the settings, i click cut, the window closes and absolutely nothing happens. WTH??????

When you click cut from the preview screen (where you choose settings) does it close the application entirely, or just go back to the main design screen? To confirm, you never get asked to insert the cartridges, load the mat, etc?

Which Cricut machine are you using?
What is the firmware on that machine?
What OS is running on your computer?

Mallory
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:39:38 PM(UTC)
marti{pezadoodle}

just goes back to the design screen. doesn't as me to insert cart, load mat, nothing. i am using the E2 and have windows 7 on my computer. i had the cart in and mat loaded before i hit cut - maybe that is the problem?
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:28:22 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
just goes back to the design screen. doesn't as me to insert cart, load mat, nothing. i am using the E2 and have windows 7 on my computer. i had the cart in and mat loaded before i hit cut - maybe that is the problem?

Marti - I don't think that's a problem. I always hit CUT after I load the mat.

Someone suggested the other day that if we don't have ADOBE READER updated (some of us may not have our computers to INSTALL UPDATES AUTOMATICALLY, so if they're not set up that way, our ADOBE doesn't update until you actually tell it to do so).

Mallory, do you know if there is any correlation in problems some are having and the suggestion that CCR won't work properly if our ADOBE READERS are not updated? Also, if this is the case, does PC know when Adobe updates and they also need to update CCR to correlate with Adobe? Just asking! Someone suggested it and if this is true, then a lot of our members may need to know about this to help them in their situations.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:31:13 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)

Marti - I'mm wondering if it would help to turn off the machine you're using and unplug it from the back of the hard drive. Then, turn off your computer. Before you turn on the computer, plug your machine you're using into the hard drive and TURN ON the machine. Now, turn on your computer. AFTER it boots back up, go into CCR. When you hit CUT, I would hope your machine is recognized.

HTH!

Char
mallorym Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 6:41:23 AM(UTC)
mallorym

Groups: Circle Member, Registered, Cricut Community Moderator
United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 120 post(s)

Can you tell me what firmware is on your E2? You can find the numbers by going to the tool menu and scrolling all the way to the right. The last icon is the About menu. The firmware numbers are in parentheses.

Do you own any other Cricut machines? I'd be interested to see if you have the same problem with other machines.
#7 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 7:13:31 AM(UTC)
marti{pezadoodle}

yep i have several other machines. i am leaving to go out of town but when i get back i am going to try and get it working!