Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LoriMcBurney Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 8:47:19 PM(UTC)
LoriMcBurney

Groups: Registered

I have had access to CCR for a couple of months. I can can successfuly login and use it about 1 out of every 5 times I try. I launched it tonight and got a window saying there is an update from my build 48 to build 59. I select 'update' to take the update and it closes all of the CCR windows, I see a little HDD activity, the task manager shows a cricut update process for about 3 seconds then it disappears. No update happens. I have made sure all antivirus Micro Trend stuff is turned off. I get the same update window every time I launch CCR. If I say 'skip', it gives a bridge error. I tried to update CCR without being connected to any Cricut machine this time. Same deal...Any suggestions on how to get the upgrade so I can use CCR again?

Edited by user Friday, August 19, 2011 8:49:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added information

LazyBee Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, August 19, 2011 9:33:31 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 637 time(s) in 304 post(s)
There seems to be an issue with accessing Craft Room this evening. I haven't been able to get in for the last couple of hours. I was able to update yesterday with no issues, but today I have been plagued with the dreaded bridge error. I think I am giving it a rest for the night and hopefully what ever it is will be better tomorrow.
LoriMcBurney Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 20, 2011 1:03:54 PM(UTC)
LoriMcBurney

My laptop is less than 5 years old. The OS is Vista. 2 GB RAM. I have had problems with Micro Trend in the past so I know to have nothing else running when I download or upgrade Cricut products. I have the most issues when an update comes out. I love Design Studio so I am sure I will love CCR when I can get it running again. I have used it 3 times over the summer since getting beta access and it was cool. I hope to get into it again soon.
MaryScraps Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:38:14 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
I would try to do it from the CCR link.

http://craftroom.cricut.com/betaprogram/

It will prompt you so you can unistall the version your using then. Click on the link again and reinstall the new version.
LoriMcBurney Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:12:56 PM(UTC)
LoriMcBurney

I tried again tonight to launch CCR. I turned off my anti-virus software because I know it has been a problem in the past. I make it a routine to turn it off before working on CCR or Cricut Snyc. Anyway, it worked. CCR upgraded and now I am at build 59. Yippee! I don't know what made it work tonight vs. the last time I tried it but I am just glad it works again. Hurray!