Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JamesJewell Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2011 12:44:38 PM(UTC)
JamesJewell

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I just recieved my imagine, i was wondering how i find out about updates? Mine imagine says it is version 1.01. I was searching these boards but there is so much. Any help would be appreciated! Also, since i heard i can not use DS, is their a specific program cricut has for the imagine? Being a vinyl designer, i am feeling so limited to what i can actually make on this machine. (wife loves it)

Thank You,
Jamie
HisGem Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2011 1:18:56 PM(UTC)
HisGem

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 332 post(s)
http://www.cricut.com/cricutsync/

maybe this will help.....
 1 user thanked HisGem for this useful post.
JamesJewell on 8/1/2011(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, August 01, 2011 2:28:57 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JamesJewell Go to Quoted Post
Hello,
I just recieved my imagine, i was wondering how i find out about updates? Mine imagine says it is version 1.01. I was searching these boards but there is so much. Any help would be appreciated! Also, since i heard i can not use DS, is their a specific program cricut has for the imagine? Being a vinyl designer, i am feeling so limited to what i can actually make on this machine. (wife loves it)

Thank You,
Jamie

I'd have to know the rest of the numbers to tell you if you're imagine is up to date. Odds are, it probably has at least one update to do. The Imagine Forum is the best place for information. The updates get posted on there so you know what version number you should be on. The most current numbers are:

Imagine - 1.01 (0115:0028:0239:202A)
Gypsy App - 1.4(0210:0225)
Imagine App on Gypsy - 1.01 (0111:0024)
Cricut Sync - 2.0.5.3

I left the two middle ones in case you have a Gypsy too. It's the numbers in parenthesis that tell you how current you are on updates.

You can't use DS, that is true. The program they're working on that is in beta is the Cricut Craft Room (CCR) that I think only circle members have access to at the moment. The rumor for its full launch is Oct/Nov. when they launch the Cricut Mini.

The Imagine is a cartridge based machine, all Provocraft machines are. So you can really only design with the cartridges you own and via either DS, the Gypsy, and soon CCR. If you are wanting to design freehand or with SVG files or taking clipart off the internet etc.. then that can't be done with the Imagine, and not really with their other machines any longer at this point of time. That would be two other software programs (MTC/SCAL) that PC took to court that many people used. That requires a different cutting machine from other companies now. A taboo and hot topic pretty much on the messageboard just to forewarn you.

The other goto spot is a yahoo group called 'CricutDemoWa'. Great for troubleshooting and has Chris (one of the Imagine Engineers) popping in on occasion to along with other experienced users etc.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions. I'm often in the Imagine forum also.. I don't always make it into this one.

HTH
:)Khrista

Edited by user Monday, August 01, 2011 2:29:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
JamesJewell on 8/1/2011(UTC)