Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MML100 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:15:33 PM(UTC)
MML100

Groups: Registered

Good evening everyone,
I'm brand spankin' new to Cricut. Just received it in the mail yesterday and helped my daughter make a very basic card for her friend today. Other than that, no experience.

I have a few questions if you don't mind;

When I put in my 12x12 board and hit the fit to page button, but have an 8x12 sheet of cardstock in it, how do I set the cricut so it knows not to cut for a 12x12 paper? (Did that make sense? lol)

Is there any way to get your letters to cut out attached to each other? That way you don't have to glue each letter to you card one at a time, because they are attached. Or can this only be done on certain cartridges?

TIA!
~Sabrina

Enjoying The Bug Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:27:44 PM(UTC)
Enjoying The Bug

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 38 post(s)
welcome,

What you wanna do with your letters is weld, which can only be done on design studio (a computer software) or on a gypsy. To your other question, you have to set your paper size on your cricut . What machine do you have? There are a lot of videos on YouTube that are ra big help.
Mother_Monkee Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:30:31 PM(UTC)
Mother_Monkee

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Welcome!! IF you put your paper on your mat in the bottom left corner and then hit the set paper size button (right above your unload paper button) it will only cut on the paper you have.

As far as connecting letter, that is called welding. It can be done on Design Studio, or with a Gypsy. That was a huge reason why I (really my hubs) bought a Gypsy. I know there are more experienced ctafters out there that might be able to expound better or know of other ways to help you. Good Luck

Oh, I would also recommend watching the DVD that came with your machine. It is helpful. Also there are TONS of blogs and youtube tutorials that can help out as well.
Maxluv Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2011 7:12:35 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 455 time(s) in 344 post(s)
Welcome..yes watch the DVD that came with your machine, it will help you out a lot. And yes there are certain carts that come with wording, phrases, and those letters or words would all be together.