Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MML100 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:14:20 PM(UTC)
MML100

Groups: Registered

Good evening everyone,
I'm brand spankin' new to Cricut. Just received it in the mail yesterday and helped my daughter make a very basic card for her friend today. Other than that, no experience.

I have a few questions if you don't mind;

When I put in my 12x12 board and hit the fit to page button, but have an 8x12 sheet of cardstock in it, how do I set the cricut so it knows not to cut for a 12x12 paper? (Did that make sense? lol)

Is there any way to get your letters to cut out attached to each other? That way you don't have to glue each letter to you card one at a time, because they are attached. Or can this only be done on certain cartridges?

TIA!
~Sabrina

Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:29:05 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7567 time(s) in 3531 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MML100 Go to Quoted Post
Good evening everyone,
I'm brand spankin' new to Cricut. Just received it in the mail yesterday and helped my daughter make a very basic card for her friend today. Other than that, no experience.

I have a few questions if you don't mind;

When I put in my 12x12 board and hit the fit to page button, but have an 8x12 sheet of cardstock in it, how do I set the cricut so it knows not to cut for a 12x12 paper? (Did that make sense? lol)

Is there any way to get your letters to cut out attached to each other? That way you don't have to glue each letter to you card one at a time, because they are attached. Or can this only be done on certain cartridges?

TIA!
~Sabrina

Hi Sabrina and welcome!

When you place your paper on the mat make sure you line it up with the bottom left corner (there's a mark in that corner showing you where to place it).

Then load you mat and using the arrow keys around the Cut button move the blade housing so that it is just sitting over the top right corner of the paper.

Press the Set Paper Size button.

You'll see a message on the screen telling you what size the paper is. Then when you use Fit to Page it will cut at the correct size.

For your second question, the only way to weld your letters together is with Cricut Design Studio, the Gypsy or the soon to be released Cricut CraftRoom.

Design Studio and Cricut CraftRoom are both computer software programs that contain all the images from the carts. They allow you to design with any cart, but you can only cut with those carts that you physically own.

The Gypsy is similar but it is a hand held device that stores your carts and has a small screen that allows you to design.

Design Studio works with the Personal, Create and Expression machines (including the Cricut Cake).
Cricut CraftRoom works with the Personal, Create, Expression (including the cake), the E2, the Imagine and the soon to be released Cricut Mini.
The Gypsy works with all the Cricuts too. (I'm not 100% certain on the Cricut Mini though....)

Cricut CraftRoom is currently in Beta testing. PC are hoping to release it in September. (That really depends on the results from the fixes/enhancements they are doing in response to the feedback from the beta testers).